“Hafjell - Heaven on a bike”

Hafjell Alpinsenter
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Hafjell Bike Park is considered one of Europe's best downhill bike parks and has expanded and developed the trail network and the riders' facilities every year since 2003. The bike park uses the Gondola and one chairlift and has a total vertical drop of 830 meters. Anyone who can ride a bicycle will enjoy downhill in Hafjell from day one. The 15 trails include a wide selection graded from entry level green (very easy) to black (difficult) with jumps and drops for the expert mountain bikers. Suitable for kids between 7 - 60 years old. The Bike Park offers a rental service of 140 Scott Gambler downhill bikes, 6 Scott Genius trail bikes, 10 Scott Aspect XC bikes and 10 Bergamont E-bikes. There's also a bike shop, workshop, guided tours, skill coaching and 2 restaurants during the parks opening hours. If mountainbiking isn't for you, you can enjoy a scenic gondola ride up to the fantastic Mosetertoppen area, where you can enjoy a great meal at Skavlen Restaurant, or find good hiking trails in the surrounding area The 2017 season spans from June 17th to October 8th
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Sheffield, UK
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Hafjell - Heaven on a bike”
Reviewed 16 September 2011

My self and 11 friends spent a long weekend in the paradise that is Hafjell. Most of us are experienced riders who have ridden all over the world and myself particularly in Whistler and the french and swiss alps. The trails in Hafjell are so much fun to ride and brilliantly built with smiles in mind. Starting with many swooping, flowing blues to build up your skills and confidence, progressing through to big jump lines and gnarly rock and root filled blacks.

Hafjell has everything you need to enjoy riding you bike downhill. The lifts are quick and efficient, the trails are really well maintained and beautifully built, and the bike shop at the bottom is staffed by experienced riders who will put your bike back in one piece when you push it a little to far.

We spent 5 days in the park and had ridden everything several times but never got bored or felt like we were looking for more.

I wrote up my experiences as a blog post on my website here:

Visited August 2011
2 Thank NDRHamilton

haslemere, england
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Hafjell bike park is one of the best I have ever been to.”
Reviewed 9 September 2011

My work as a mountain bike photographer has taken me here on 5 occasions since 2007. Without a doubt it is my favorite place to ride in the world. The best way I can describe it is FUN. I've been plenty of other places but to just have a good time on your bike this is the place. The tracks are well built and maintained with incredible flow like I've never found anywhere else. They have everything from beginner to very advanced tracks and although it is a very small and quiet resort there is nowhere else I would rather go given the opportunity.
This August I went with 10 friends for a long weekend and each one of them would say the same thing. Smiles all 'round!

Visited August 2011