Ntengu Lodge
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Westville
See available hotels
  • Pool
  • Room Service
The Benjamin(Durban)
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Chosen because of its location but proved to be so much more. Room was extremely comfy with the extra long bed and superb view into the bush. smiled when told to beware of the monkeys which did troop past our balcony. Breakfast was extremely good and enjoyed sitting out in the warm winter sun next to the pool. As the only guests it was very relaxing and peaceful and friendly caring staff.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DavidBo48
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I used to stay at Ntengu Lodge on a regular basis but have not done so for the past 3 years as business has not taken me back to Durban until last week. It was a last minute booking and Andrew luckily could accommodate me. As usual, the attention to detail is faultless and the hospitality out of this world. This really is "home away from home"!

Andrew personally cooks the most wonderful breakfast each day. I was suitably impressed that he remembered after 3 years that I am gluten-free without any reminder from me!

Rooms are spacious and lovely, each with a balcony or veranda facing the rich Westville forest where monkeys and squirrels are at play all the time.

I will, no doubt, return to Ntengu Lodge with my next Durban trip!

Room Tip: The rooms are all different but spacious, well appointed and comfortable. Most rooms only have a shower though, so if a bath is important, do request so upon booking.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Tesproos
Reviewed 9 February 2014

We have stayed at Ntengu 4 times over the last 10 years and we have come to consider this our home away from home in Durban. Great rooms, excellent breakfasts and fantastic service.

Whilst the majority of the patrons are business travellers, the lodge is also perfectly suited to tourists. There are six rooms, some with their own private outdoor space. We have stayed in three of the rooms and all are comfortable with lovely décor. The bathrooms are well appointed and quite spacious. If you are fussy about where you like to stay, then Ntengu is the right place for you.

Thanks Andrew, Kath and the team for looking after us so well, we look forward to staying with you again next year!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 December 2013

Mine was a business stay and it turned into feeling like a holiday! Andrew and his efficient staff have a way of welcoming you like an old friend and ensuring that your stay is pleasant and memorable. Whether for business or vacation, Ntengu gives you all the charm and elegance that you need. The breakfast creations are delightful and will make you stay longer or come back for more!

Room Tip: Ask for a room that overlooks the valley, the view is great!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 June 2013

I stayed here recently over a weekend, and ended up with the entire place to myself - it seems that it generally attracts more of a weekday business crowd. I found it a very pleasant stay all in all - the room was large and very comfortable with a nice deck overlooking the valley, the house itself is also very well designed with separate eating and lounge areas inside, as well as a nice pool and deck area leading out - would be perfect on a sunny Durban summer afternoon. Breakfast was pretty impressive as well, and part of the room rate. I also very much enjoyed the little touches - the personal message on the chalkboard outside was great.

On the con side of things, not much to mention - the wireless seems to keep cutting out and signal was very difficult to get on my phone in my room (although since I was the only guest I could leave the door open, which seemed to help), and bizarrely, the temperature of the hot water seemed to decrease over the course of the stay - my Monday morning shower was ice cold. I would also suggest some literature about the area (pubs, restaurants, shops, etc) might be useful for guests who are unfamiliar with the area.

Overall though, great value for money, and would really recommend it.

Room Tip: The Deck Room has a great view from its relaxing balcony, but it seems that WiFi signal is not as strong on some devices in this particular room.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo