“Steak at John Dory's”

Price range: US$5 - US$25
Cuisines: Seafood, Sushi, Japanese, Grill
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Description: Ahoy Me Mateys! Join us at Westville John Dory's - the best seafood restaurant that the whole family can enjoy! Our menu has an ocean of choices for all our seafood lovers! From fresh hand-rolled sushi to tempura battered fish & chips. Shiver your timbers! Our catch of the day, prawns, calamari and fresh oysters are a reason to abandon ship and come ashore! Our kids' menu has a variety of yummy meals for our young mateys too and we also have a cool kids' play area with boatloads of fun activities for little sailors! What are you waiting for? Dock your boat at John Dory's in Westville for arrr-mazing food and service.
Durban
“Steak at John Dory's”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013

I have always associated John Dory's with fish, and not being a lover of fish, I have not frequented this restaurant. So it was with great surprise that I found that they also do a steak. It is only now that I see words "fish and grill" after their name, I think I was reading it as grilled fish. The wife and I both ordered a medium blackened steak. It was done to absolute perfection, very tasty and tender. I will definitely be returning to John Dory's, Westville, Pavillion for more of the same.

• Visited November 2013

Milan, Italy
“a mall food court type of eatery , if you expect this then it's ok”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2013

nothing special, they are tryoing now the sushi which is actually not bad, but the variety of choice was extremely limited . fishmonger or Ocean basket offer much better , obviously at slightly or deefinitely higher prices . if one looks for simple fish meal before or after a cinema maybe ok

• Visited August 2013
Himeville, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa
“Won't go back”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2012

I ordered a prawn and chicken curry. It was filled with cut green chillies and burnt my mouth badly.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank Kathy A
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Used to be my favorite... then they started to use cheap bacon and changed thier special from fillet to rump... really...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 December 2007

Used to be my favorite... then they started to use cheap bacon and changed thier special from fillet to rump... really bad move. I have gone from eating there once a week to NEVER!

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook