I have many reasons to never go back to Radisson Blu Fujeirah. Here is why:-
1. Starting from the main one- we had a medical issue the night we stayed- my friend accompanied us with her 5 year old son, and at night he developed a fever- as she was alone in a far away wing (we were disappointed we couldn’t even get rooms atleast in the same building, and since we did not book it together we cannot complain, so it is OK). She called the reception for any medical attention she could get, as the child was shivering nonstop and burning up a high temperature. She was given a mobile number of the on-call doctor, from the reception. She rung up the doctor about 05:45-06:00 am and he (presumably sleepily) asked the age of her child- she said 5. He said he cannot look at the child as he is not a paediatrician. He asked her to go to the Dibba hospital which was a 15 minute drive away. He had REFUSED to even come down and have a look at the child stating that he was not qualified to. She was able to flag it to us and we took our car out early morning and drove to a medical centre (as directed by the wonderful concierge boys)- awaited the doctor to arrive- and yet no paediatrician so we showed the GP. He was given necessary medicine and we were instructed towards the appropriate care needed.
2. We had asked for plates to feed the children in our rooms the previous evening and we were informed the ‘plate service with cutlery’ will cost us AED 10. Which hotel does this?
3. After the hospital ordeal, we managed to make it back for breakfast and the child now asleep after heavy medication, did not eat anything. We asked the server and the supervisor at the restaurant if we could take some breakfast back (just some cereal and milk) for the child and we were refused so. After a few minutes we were informed that they will deliver the necessary cornflakes to our room in a takeaway container. Fair enough, then they asked us to sign a waiver form (they are not sure of the quality of the food they are providing us? Is that why we have to sign a waiver form? That too for food that is just off the breakfast table?) and delivered the cornflakes to our room but not the milk. We had had by then, enough of the service mishaps and just could not wait another excruciating time to call room service for milk- which ofcourse will be charged as it would be considered as ‘room service’.
4. We got many calls from the reception, disturbing our personal time- asking silly questions like ‘do you have the valet card with you?’ etc. Why couldn’t all these questions consolidated and we got 1 call for answering everything?
5. We had checked out of 3 rooms at check-out time and moved into the other 2 rooms which had requested a late check-out- it took the concierge team 3 trips to the rooms and 45 minutes back and forth to bring us the luggage to the remaining rooms.
Simple instructions are not followed and several requests to repeat the instruction. We spent over 1 hour of the groups time waiting and transporting luggage from one end of the hotel to the other. Very inconvenient.
6. Faulty room equipment- the fridge in our room did not work, they had to come in check and replace the fridge. The balcony door was jammed shut and none of us could open it.
After complaining to the front house assistant manager- Mr. Mohammed Adel, he provided us with late checkout for the 2 rooms (until 6pm) and 50% discount at the restaurant for food. Although it is a compensatory gesture and well received and appreciated, the bitter experience is still fresh and quite disturbing to us.
Hold on, it was not all bad- here is the positive experience- the breakfast was excellent, the eggs Benedict that was made on request was the best any of us ever had in our life! The rooms were comfortable and those who could sleep, had great peaceful sleep.
The pools are large and quite user-friendly.
They play kids movies by the little pool at the far left of the hotel which were enjoyed by adults and kids alike. The kids play centre also was very nicely done and is a great place for children to spend time.
Oh and the shisha is VERY good at the sports bar.
For the money paid, we had a super stressful weekend and this was not we were in for.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled along 500 metres of beautiful, private beach, Radisson Blu Resort Fujairah is a top choice for vacationers. 90-Minute drive away from Dubai and 40-minute drive away from Fujairah City, this hotel in Dibba, Fujairah offers abundant services and relaxing accommodation to create unforgettable Arabian vacations. Each of the 257 guest rooms and suites features a private balcony, uninterrupted views of the sparkling Sea and thoughtful amenities like flat-screen TV, coffee machine, individual climate control and free high-speed, wireless Internet access. Four restaurants and bars allow guests to experience delicious, authentic cuisine without leaving the hotel. They can dine throughout the day with scenic sea views and tasty buffets at the Breeze Restaurant, or sample unique Arabian seafood at the Al Nokhada and Beachfront dining at the Grand Bleu a are perfect for casual gatherings. Guests also enjoy 24-hour in-room dining. The resort features five outdoor swimming pools, a spa, a health club, a diving centre and a kids club. Additionally, two spacious meeting rooms and outdoor venues are perfect for weddings, events and conferences. Free private parking is possible on site. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Southall Travel, Sunspot Tours, Travelbag, Expedia, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Radisson Blu Resort Fujairah reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Radisson Blu Resort Fujairah Hotel Fujairah
- Hotel Jal Fujairah
- Radisson Blu Resort Fujairah Emirate Of Fujairah, United Arab Emirates