“Terrible experience” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sol Andalusi

Sol Andalusi
“Terrible experience”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2009

was my first time abroad and if would def stop me returning abroad. I went with four other female friends. Our apartment was clean and tidy i couldnt fault it but because we were "private" guests the staff at reception were extremley unhelpful. When we went down to reception the first day we were told there was no public transport so we would have to use the transport provided by the hotel to go anywhere. The transport was a rip of costing nearly 40 euros each time to go a ten minute journey. We found towards the end of the week there was public transport straight outside the hotel which only cost 1.35 euro maximum for any journey. Private guests have to pay extra to use any facilities not that there is much to do. The bar does not stock any irish drinks so unless you like beer or sangria theres not much to drink and the bar closes as midnight. For a healthly living resort people are allowed to smoke inside which was disappointing. There is no enterainment provided at night. Taxis in malaga only take 4 people so anytime we wanted to travel anywhere or go back to the hotel we had to take two taxis which usually cost 40 euros per taxi. Very disappointed overall. Would recomend this place for someone over 80 or people with disabilities

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Kildare, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2009

Very friendly and welcoming hotel, away from the awful strips of Torremolinos and Benalmadena, Great leisure centre and pools!!

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
tyne & wear
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2009

The place itself is off the beaten track but once you get your bearings its fine.
Its an ideal place to relax and after reading the reviews I was dreading the stay but it was a lovely place and I would almost certainly go back.
I would say that you do need a hire car but the advert recommends that.
The facilities are wonderful, so all in all a thumbs up......

• Stayed July 2009
East of England
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2008

We stayed here for two nights in May 2008 with a couple of friends; the men were playing golf every day and my friend and I fancied having a few spa treatments plus generally relaxing by the pool. Having been told it was a 4/5* hotel it was very odd to find the entire place completely deserted when we arrived - in fairness it was a little after midnight but .................. the Sol Andalusi was in darkness! We managed to rouse one of the security guards who got keys for us and showed us to our rooms. The rooms were perfectly adequate (think Travelodge or Premier Travelinn but with nicer bathrooms) however they contained only rather small and uncomfortable SINGLE beds. Poor quality bed linen. Next morning we could went down to breakfast which was OKish and cost around 10 euro per person. Not a very exciting breakfast buffet which was not refilled as things ran out. The outdoor pool was immaculately clean and freezing cold. Sunloungers plentiful, well maintained grounds. Spa centre was beautifully designed but what a pity they haven`t got decent beauticians; expensive and very poor quality treatments. My pedicure cost 42 euro and the nailvarnish lasted less than 36hours before it, quite literally, peeled off. Hopeless! Indoor pool beautifully designed but lots of squealing children using it when I was there so not very restful. This hotel is a very odd mixture of hotel. old peoples` home from home (lots of our fellow guests were in wheelchairs with carers accompanying them) and empty timeshare resort. LOTS of empty shuttered windows in the complex with `FOR SALE` notices on them. I actually liked the idea of staying in a `senoirs` type hotel as (now my own children have grown up) I prefer a quieter hotel, however several parties with screaming racing children were also staying at the Sol Andalusi whilest we were there ..................... quite what older people who have bought apartments in the complex thinking they were buying into an upmarket retirement community made of this I can`t imagine! It will be interesting to see what happens to this resort over the next few economically turbulent years.

• Liked — Relatively inexpensive. Good pool. Clean
  • Disliked — Very peculiar atmosphere! Uncomfortable SINGLE beds. Poor beauty treatments
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled with friends
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2008

We were promised a healthy living week...we got boring tapas that all were bread based, I didnt see a fresh vegetable all week. Smoking was allowed inside, and it was like staying in a hospital not a hotel. I was impressed with their claim of 24hr security until the front of my very valuable car was damaged and the managers and security staff could not have cared less. We had to leave as I was really worried about the saftey of the car. I had also used the welpness spa which looked very promising..until you had a massage which was poor by any standard. The gym is well equipped, the pool and lake very pleasant. Overall....go somewhere else, you might at least get fresh food!!

• Liked — very clean, gym was good, close to airport
  • Disliked — lack of security, terrible daytime menu, food was not healthy living at all.
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)

Travellers are raving about these Alhaurin de la Torre hotels

uk
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2008

An extremely disappointing experience.
The pool and pool area, the main reasons for our deciding on this hotel, were closed for our entire stay. Needless to say, had we known this, we would never have chosen this hotel in the first place. The handful of sun loungers plonked on a piece of grass outside the indoor pool, covered in insects, were no substitute. Our room was shabby, shower did not work properly with no hot water, and 'wetroom' lived up to it's name and flooded each time we used the shower. Insult to injury, having used all our towels to mop up, we were then told by reception staff that we could not have fresh towels for another day.
Balcony covered in bird droppings.
Staff rude and unhelpful.
Funnily enough, we will not be returning.

• Stayed April 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank fred9
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2008

..My Apartment was depressing, leaking shower, single beds that were just impossible to put together .The kitchen was clean and compact and also tiny.I felt the corridors were more in line with my local hospital than a hotel.The restaurant staff were just so nice and charming, and the prices so cheap,the only problem was it was the same menu every single day for lunch and dinner at night.I believe that this resort does not market itself for what it is..and is more suitable for the over 70's age group..it was delightful to see such a place exists for that age group, but it makes a holiday sort of depressing when you are alone as a couple in the bar at nine PM .The reason for this being that the residents all retire early..No matter how hard I tried I found it very difficult to understand the staff in the spa... I booked a few treatments, and every time I went to the reception to book, three girls (speaking Spanish) stared at the computer screens..checking to see if it was possible for me to have a treatment!!! There seemed to be nobody else around and these three girls were fully trained therapists!! One would imagine they would have been delighted with the business..but they were almost hostile. I found this strange for a resort that markets itself as a Spa resort!. Its out of the way with little to do around the complex..and no I would not return.

Stayed December 2007
1 Thank miggi
Also consider these accommodations in or near Alhaurin de la Torre
Hotel Cortijo Chico
Perchel
Novotel Suites Malaga Centro
Rancho del Ingles
#1 of 3 in Alhaurin de la Torre
Hotel Apartamentos Miguel Sanche...
#2 of 6 in Alhaurin de la Torre
Finca Sonrisa
#3 of 10 in Alhaurin el Grande

Been to Sol Andalusi? Share your experiences!