“Magnificent”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 18 December 2013

Since no really reviews necessary in this place.This is nature's perfect restaurant,waiterswere very good,fanatic evening,great atmosphere.

Reviewed 21 November 2013

How did this get to be the number 4 restaurant in the world and earn three Michelin stars? The service and presentation were excellent, the food however was mediocre. One expects so much more having read the great reviews. My trusted source, Andy Hayler loved it, but this time I must disagree. It is not the price, although a $600.00 lunch for two without wine seems excessive, we wouldn't have balked it this had been as good as our lunch at Osteria Francescana in Modena.

5  Thank miamicanes
Reviewed 16 September 2013

What an amazing trip to Le Calandre! It's a must-visit restaurant and such amazing happy memories of each dish and each member of staff and of course Massimiliano! We had been to Osteria Francescana the night before (review to follow) and I was concerned that I'd over-done the foie gras and wouldn't be able to enjoy the food, but I was wrong. Each dish was delicious and light enough that I didn't feel overwhelmed. The ingredients chosen were outstanding and they complimented each other amazingly, as did the matching wine. There was no standout dish as they were all perfect-apart from (for me) the raw beef and truffle as I don't like truffle! But my husband does, so he was over the moon to eat mine as well. The pork belly was amazing as was the deconstructed pizza (husband's favourite). The apricot dessert was spectacular-and I’m not a big apricot fan either, but if Massimiliano makes it, then I’m converted. I also don’t usually eat much bread, but you couldn’t not-eat the bread here.

The ambience was great and every table had clearly travelled a long way to visit this outstanding restaurant. One table of 4 was from Argentina! The more restaurants we go to, the more we appreciate the extra things surrounding the food. Massimiliano came out and welcomed every table and then also chatted and said goodbye to everyone personally. It was such a special touch and left such a warm impression. He even helped us get a table at Raf's Quadri for the next night (I'll review that one soon too).

We enjoyed everything so much that I bought a box from Ingredienti, containing pasta sauces, pasta, tinned tomatoes and nibbles, and also his beautiful cook book. We often read and re-read this, what a work of art! We hope Le Calandre keeps going for a long time to come as we’d love to bring our children here to experience this world class restaurant. So far, Massimiliano is the youngest chef to be awarded three Michelin stars, and you can see why! A well-deserved recognition for a fabulous chef.

2  Thank MurraL2013
Reviewed 29 July 2013

There are two ways of pilgrimage in Padua, and the second one is visiting Le Calandre.
This is nearest three star temple to me, and we were second time around.
Food was fabulous and selection of wines made by sommelier was excellent, and reasonably priced. Same complex has cafe, hotel and delicatessen shop.

Make a special journey!!

2  Thank ZGtomcat
Reviewed 5 July 2013

We visited this restaurant 14 days ago.We invited friends.It was a special event. In the end we went home very disappointed.
Le Calandre has three Michelin stars???!!!
The food was totally sucks, especially sea food dishes. Absolutely overcharge.
Fortunately, I shall never have to go there again.

23  Thank MarinaLanza