“Our Favourite TUSCAN Restaurant”
Review of La Montagnola

La Montagnola
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 29 May 2012

Gambasse Terme is not on everyone's map when touring thru Tuscany-but if you are in the area staying near San Gimignano and looking for some fine food and wine at a reasonable price-La Monagnola will probably have you coming back for more. The owners and staff are extremely helpful and attentive. Being in Tuscany-you don't think too much about seafood-but the Med coast is only about an hours drive away,so seafood has priority on the menu. Try the mussel and cockle soup-dripping with a lovely oil/garlic broth soaked in bread...or the starter for two with 5 tasty different seafood morsels....the rest is up to you...I am sure you will not be disappointed.....

Reviewed 24 April 2012 via mobile

Was here in september 2011 and being tucked away from tourist areas, I guess my partner n I were the only asians around. This was where I had the best Italian pasta so far. They had this prawn pasta, which I've uploaded and that...... Is truly mind blowing! Till now, I wish it could be always available but I know that is one dish I'll never get to taste again. Not forgeting the fried dough tt they served before meal, yummy!! The desert was really good too........!!! We were there every night, trying different pasta and even waited for them to open - Cause there was nothing much to eat in the small town unless we drove to San giminagno. The boss makes an effort to communicate with us in English, which we appreciate alot. Highly recommended to everyone who passes by this small town.

Reviewed 27 July 2011

We spent 5 nights at the Villa Bianca (great Hotel) and dined at la Montagnola 3 times, it was that good. Hands-on owner that makes sure everything goes as planned. Large portions, well prepared, innovative menu and presentation. Great wines and all at reasonable prices. I would most definitely recommend la Montagnola.

1  Thank TheGreek1234
Reviewed 7 July 2010

Surprisingly excellent food in a remote location.
Spent 2 weeks in Tuscany and Northern Italy. La Montagnola was the best place. I went back 2 x.

2  Thank Eddie O
Reviewed 31 March 2009

excellent Resaturant located in Gambassi close to Montaione. You can eat every kind of Tuscany specialities and you can try also very good sea food dishes. The atmosphere is very nice. Even the service is good as the same, kind waiters and fast service. The location is very good since it is in one of the best countryside area of Tuscany.
According to the good quality of food, the price is cheap.