“Friendly business stay”

Santa Barbara Hotel
Lucca, Italy
“Friendly business stay”
Reviewed 20 May 2014

The friendliness of the staff may make up for any shortcomings someone could find, although i personally believe this hotel is more than adequate and a valid alternative to the nearby Crowne Plaza.
Clean, it offer what is supposed to deliver: a business stay.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Dario B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Winchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 April 2014

We had to find a hotel for the Milan Design Fair and naturally most places were full or crazy expensive. Landing at Linate, we wanted a hotel nearby and chose Santa Barbara. The staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful, spoke good English, and made us feel very welcome. It is mainly a business hotel. The room was at the back, quiet, and had everything we needed. Breakfast was a good buffet mix of hot,cold, pastries, fruit etc. Dinner was good enough for us to eat in both nights. And if you don't mind the 12 minute walk to the Metro, you are on a line straight into the centre.
There is no swimming pool. I just cannot change the rating to indicate no pool?

Room Tip: Ask for room at back to be quieter, but it is not a noisy location anyway
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
SinibaldiDavide, Direttore at Santa Barbara Hotel, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
...What else?

thank-you very much!

Davide Sinibaldi
Paphos, Cyprus
Reviewed 10 April 2014

I stayed here for 3 nights at the end of March. Its a nice business hotel ideal for anyone on trip to San Donato. The room I had was nice, very clean and in good repair - No complaints. I cant comment on the food as I didn't eat at the hotel.

Worthy of a special mention is how helpful the staff where I had a particular issue (my own fault) and the staff went to extreme lengths to help me resolve it. Beyond what would be considered normal and also without any charge.

It is a nice hotel, the staff are excellent and I will definitely be returning.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank HSE_Chap
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 19 November 2013 via mobile

I stayed in Santa Barbara Hotel for one night only and therefore i cannot express an exhaustive point of view of it. However i could mention that the crew is very polite and attentive and the service is simply perfect. The room was quite small and the bed not the most confortable i have used so far anyway the room suits the needs of a businessmen that have to spend few days in San Donato for work. It is located in a perfect position being close to the Metro Station and all the major offices in San Donato.

I talked to some guests and they assured me that breakfast is amazing (unfortunately i had no time to try it).

Just two small things: wifi is available in the rooms as well; bring your own toothbrush and toothpaste that seemed to be not included in the "bathroom kit" provided.

Ciao

• Stayed November 2013
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 13 November 2013

We spent a few nights at this hotel and whilst it is out from central Milan, the subway is nearby and within 15 mins you are at the Domo. It was quieter so a great location, mainly a business hotel but still vey good for travellers. The staff were fantastic - very helpful, friendly with good advice - and the room superub. I would highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Kirkcaldy, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 November 2013

This was the first time I stayed at the Santa Barbara - I usually stay at the Crowne Plaza.
I found the room excellent, clean, quiet and spacious (this was a double room which had a bedroom and a lounge). The room was somewhat warm but that was most likely due to the heavy curtains. The styling was well-appointed "vintage" but not kitch. A small problem finding enough plug points but that seems to be symptomatic of a lot of Italian hotels.
The breakfast was plentiful. I would most definatley stay there again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Munich, Germany
Reviewed 28 October 2013

My room was boiling hot, upon enquiring why the aircon was not working, I was told that in winter (21C today???) the aircon is switched off and that I had to open my window. One small problem my room is above a bar/restaurant, thus the noice and smell of old cooking oil was not welcome. Thus I ask to cancell my stay, the reception refused and said that I was the only one complaining, thus I must be the problem! - pretty rude. I was offered another room, smaller , and are to be charged the same rate as my first bigger room???? In my first room the drop stains from the last visitor was also very obvious. The internet connection is also slow and not worth the trouble. I have been allowed to cancell my second night.......never to return.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Neil W
bus1ness, Direttore at Santa Barbara Hotel, responded to this review, 5 November 2013
Dear Nr Neil W.,
thank-you for taking the time to share your feed-back on tripadvisor.
I'm sorry to read that your experience at Santa Barbara Hotel was not satisfactory and for this reason I personally apologize.
Regarding your complaint, I'd like to make few clarification:

The weather in Milan during this end of October was absolutely unexpected.
Ten days ago the temperature was very low, and for this reason we were forced to switch-off the a/c system and switch-on the heating system. This is a normal procedure that the main hotels of the same our category do during this season.
Our reception team, after your complaint, offered to change the room. Since we were fully booked we assigned you a superior single room instead double you had reserved.
at check-out time the head receptionist having been advised previously by collegues, even if you didn't mention anything about your experience, applied you a discont on room rate apologizing for the inconvenience.
At your request not to change the room rate but deduct completely the restaurant, we were very happy that you gave us an opportunity to excuse ourselves with a solution that yourself suggested.

I hope to have the chance to welcome you back again al santa Barbara hotel and be able to provide you our usual good service.

Kind regards

Delta Hotel
Delta Hotel
#6 of 6 in San Donato Milanese
Novotel Milano Linate Airport

Been to Santa Barbara Hotel? Share your experiences!