“Misleading website and one very negative experience”
Review of Rege Hotel

Rege Hotel
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Misleading website and one very negative experience”
Reviewed 21 June 2014

I have two major complaints about this hotel. These concern its so-called airport 'shuttle' service, and the extremely poor client service I received from just one person.
First, the hotel claims it has a shuttle service to the airport, and the nearby metro station on request. In fact this 'service' does not operate between 10am - 5pm, nor in the weekend, nor on public holidays. I ended up having to use several taxis.
Second, the hotel told me that because their shuttle would not be operating when I arrived at the metro station, I should just phone the hotel and they would phone a taxi for me. I tried this at 10.30pm when my daughter and I arrived back at the local metro station to find a huge thunderstorm going on. The person on reception refused point blank to phone a taxi. He did (after 2 calls from my NZ cellphone) give me the number of a taxi company, which I phoned, but no taxi arrived. This was possibly because my Italian is not good enough to explain the finer points of where we were. And I was phoning amidst pouring rain and thunder. So in the end we walked back to the hotel at 11pm through huge rain puddles in an area that does not feel very safe. On arriving back at reception the person concerned told me the hotel does not phone taxis because if the passenger does not show up, the hotel has to pay. I complained about this to the hotel by email and personally but have received no response. This incident completely ruined my impression of the hotel. Everyone else on duty was great but this hotel should be honest in describing its so-called shuttle service, and should have phoned a taxi for us in those circumstances. I will not be going back, if only because of the risk of being stranded at the metro station with my luggage and/or at night (it is only a 10 min walk but the hotel is not in a nice area).

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Sheana W

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Reviewed 17 June 2014

This hotel belongs to the dark ages! If you are looking to take a step back in time when hotels lacked quality, service and facilities than I thoroughly recommend this hotel. You will be met by a most unwelcoming reception staff with little or no english speaking skills. the rooms are very small, featureless and claustrophobic. There is a window in the room but like the room itself is very small. they advertise satellite tv but what they don't tell you is that they only subscribed for the most basic package therefore be prepared to watch about 50+ tele shopping channels. I stayed at this hotel during the 2014 World Cup but they had no coverage of it. I take this to be a mortal sin in Italy. This wouldn't have bothered me so much if there were any other hotels, bars or restaurants nearby where you could eat, drink and watch the football but there weren't, they all probably scrambled off when this place opened its doors. This place is totally isolated. This is that hotel that you drive past everyday to and from work in your own city and every time you say to yourself "i would never stay in a place like that".
The furniture is old but that's probably intended to be consistent with the overall atmosphere. I apologise if I mislead you in the title, there is one good thing about it; above average wifi reception in the room which is strange because they didn't have internet in early 1900s.

Room Tip: there are none
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank gflanders72 .

Travellers are raving about these San Donato Milanese hotels

Istanbul, Turkey
Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

This is the second time i'm staying here..it's close to the firm i'n visiting..anyway; hotel is average as you can see from the ratings..not much to say..old style decoration, little bit dark rooms..bath looks old as well..furnishing is not spectacular..small tv is funny actually..reception is helpful though..hint about wireless; password is valid for only 1 device..you need to tell if you have more than 1..reception is providing extra passwords;) not complaining also..but who knows? If you' re to stay 2-3 days close to linate airport, it's ideal..but not for a milano touristic taste/trip..it's far to the city center..

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Bulgurr
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 January 2014

Our night at the Rege was unplanned: the Darwin Air flight from Milano Malpense to Cambridge was cancelled at the last moment and we were whisked across to the Rege for a flight from Milano Linate early the next morning. We arrived in the dark and departed in the dark, making the place doubly anonymous and rather mysterious.

Inside the Rege has a somewhat dated and old fashioned feel, but the welcome was friendly and helpful enough. Dinner in the semi deserted dining room was surprisingly good. Our room was spacious and comfortable and little disturbed by the traffic outside.

This would not be good hotel to choose for a leisure visit to Milan, being too far from the city centre, but is reasonably proximate to Linate.

One minor grouse: I know we had to leave very early, but it would have been nice to have a reviving pre-dawn cup of coffee.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Brian_Human
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 October 2013

I stayed in the Rege in late October 2013 whilst on business, checking in was pleasant enough, the hotel was a bit dated but nothing I couldn't put up with for 2 nights.
When I reached my room I accepted the blue formica covered cupboards and the beds with the old 70's bed spreads and itchy brown blankets, as just an age thing and noted that the room was fairly clean. But it was unbearably hot and stuffy, I played with the aircon for a while before I contacted reception and they told me it was controlled from downstairs and that they would restart it.
I decided to get a bit of work done, unfortunately, although the wifi as free, it was unbearably slow. Again I call reception and again they said they would restart something.
The aircon situation didn't improve so I had the window open and the noise from the motorway a few meters away was drowning out the volume limited television.
The wifi didn't improve either and I was unable to work.
I went to reception about the aircon, I was red from the stuffy room, and eventually a scruffy and very uninterested man came and looked at the controller, but nothing was resolved. He literally just looked at it.
I spent the night concerned I hadn't completed my work, kept awake by the motorway noise and the mosquito's that came in the window and bit me about 10 times (I am still scratching now). I had a maximum of 3 hours sleep.
Breakfast was very basic, nothing was particularly fresh, but it was okay for a cup of tea and a roll. No hot food.
All in all my advice, don't stay at the Rege, pay the 20 euro extra and head to the Crowne Plaza, I had a great second night there, it would have been better if I wasn't still suffering from my mosquito bites !

Room Tip: Check the aircon is working !!!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank BusinessTraveller379
England
Reviewed 20 October 2013

Although advertised as an airport hotel, it is still a €20 euro taxi ride from the terminals, as there isn't a shuttle bus.
A dated hotel situated in a business district close to the airport, so no where local to eat, except the hotel restaurant which was closed as it was a Saturday!
The rooms and public area decor was dark and drab. The room was clean but basic in its furnishings, with insufficient lighting to read comfortably.
For the price I am sure there are far better places to stay near to Linate airport.
The staff were helpful, perhaps the best part of he stay

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Ramat Hasharon, Israel
Reviewed 11 May 2013

Nice and clean room, very good service! Out of the city noise.close to freeway.
Breakfast needs a better coffee..
The room is good size and clean . big and comfortable bathroom. Very quick wifi in the room.
It was nice to get out of the city and see some green ....
We will come back next time !

Room Tip: We were on 6 floor -no noise, fresh air, nice green country view.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Novotel Milano Linate Airport
Holiday Inn Milan Linate
Holiday Inn Milan Linate
#4 of 6 in Peschiera Borromeo

Been to Rege Hotel? Share your experiences!