“Excellent Service and Beautiful Property”
Review of Villa Lucia

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Monsummano Terme
Villa Lucia
Reviewed 29 October 2013

My husband and I spent 3 nights at Villa Lucia in September 2013. We had a bit of a bumpy start with our rental car situation (not the fault of Mr. C or Lucy) but they did their best to help us and to kick off our Tuscan vacaiton right (WINE!!). We were the only guests on the property for our stay, and thus got to stay in the Chicken Coop. It was great to be able to spread out and to have our own kitchen. We took day trips to Pisa, Lucca, Vinci, and a winery. We enjoyed the breakfasts each day, where Lucy made us whatever we wanted. We enjoyed sitting by the pool in the afternoon and relaxing while watching the sunset. Another highlight was that figs were in season and we were able to eat some right off the tree - amazing.

A few small tips - they do not use pest control on the plants, so it is a bit buggy. I didn't realize it the first night and woke up with about 8 bug bites. The rest of the time I used bug spray and didn't have any other issues. Also, our room didn't have any tissues, paper towels, or napkins, so you may want to pick those up. And for the Americans out there, bring your own shampoo, soap, etc.

We used the laundry service and it was reasonable, quick, and well worth it.

Thanks to Lucy and Mr. C for a great stay!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank purplejenn11

Reviewed 24 October 2013

This was our first time visiting Italy and from the moment we walked through the front door to the villa we were welcomed with open arms! We were invited to come visit by some dear friends and made much more during our stay! The grounds, accommodations and villa were impeccable with wonderful hosts and caretakers! Carmine aka "Mr. C" took us on a tour to see Nino the copper man in Pesce where I bought some wares for my shop as well as scheduled a private cooking class for me on site at the villa with the lovely Carmelina and Francesco arranged for us to take home some of Lucy's amazing olive oil form her orchard. Myself, my husband and our friends can't wait to return!!! Until then... Ciao Villa Lucia e Grazie Mille

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Diane H
Reviewed 8 October 2013

We have super fond memories of our Italian holiday this past summer. After a whirlwind in Rome, and Amalfi, the relaxed atmosphere of this enchanting Tuscan villa was nothing short of splendid. Carmine (Mr C) was absolutely fantastic. He welcomed me, my husband and our two boys with the utmost grace and professionalism. He even wined and dined us upon our arrival with a beautiful and delicious dinner, cooked by the very talented Francesco (who also, incidentally, renovated most of the villa with his own two hands!) Francesco's home made sauce was to simply die for. Carmine continued to go out of his way, and even welcomed us into his own home, entertaining us with another scrumptious meal -- this time an italian family-style barbecue, cooked by his own papa! We didn't feel like tourists -- we felt very much at home. The villa was lovely, and very boy friendly. The kids splashed around in the pool and played with Toto (the sweet dog), while we drank red wine under the Tuscan sun. It was simply divine. Carmine, if you're reading this...a massive thank you to you all. Indeed, you made alphonse's 40th super memorable for us all. Cheers -- Daljit & Alphonse (and the game crazy boys!)

Reviewed 8 October 2013

As one of the family members in the previous review who had the fortunate opportunity to experience Tuscany and Villa Lucia, I would like to add to the comments already made as I do not think enough can be said about our special holiday.
For us, this was a trip of a lifetime, and we really could not have found a better place to experience it - Villa Lucia was absolutely perfect!
After extensive research and conversing with one another, Villa Lucia was finally booked 10 months in advance of our trip: we knew it was the right place for us.
Although I have many glowing things to say about the villa itself and the service we received, this review will focus on how we arrived at our decision to book the villa with emphasis on the villa’s proximity to areas of interest – a consideration that was significant in making our decision.
We chose Villa Lucia for the following reasons: it was in Tuscany; it could accommodate our large group; it had charm; it had a pool, laundry and other amenities that were important to us; it was in the country, but had shopping areas close-by (our main concern was having access to a grocery store); it was central in location to the places we wanted to visit; and Lucia! – communicating with her by phone and by email was truly a delight.
With respect to the location, we knew that being close to amenities and being centrally located to our "must-sees" meant that we would need some form of transportation to get to and from those places and that we had two options, organizing taxis through the villa or renting cars – we opted to rent cars.
The closest villages to the villa are Montevetollini, which can partially be seen from the villa and is about a 10-minute walk away (photos of Tuscan sun in previous review), Cintolese, Pozzarello and Monsummano Terme. Of these villages, it is Cintolese, the closest location, about a 10-minute drive from the villa, where one can shop for groceries and other amenities. But for more shopping options and for more things to see and do, Montecatini Terme, which is about a 20-minute drive from the villa, is the place to go; it is here too where one will also find train stations opening up many more options for things to see and do.
For us, day trips included visiting the Garfagnana area (Castelnuovo and Barga); Lucca and Pisa; Cinque Terre; Volterra, San Gimignano, and San Miniato; Pistoia and Serravalle Pistoiese; Greve; Florence; and had we had more time Carrara; Siena; Montevarchi, Montalcino, and Montepulciano; Cortona; Genoa; Belogna; and the list goes on depending on how far you wish to venture. Venice too was attainable, but because it was a lengthier trip, those who went decided to stay the night.
Villa Lucia was stunning and the service we received was amazing. We unfortunately did not have the opportunity to meet Lucia in person, but we did have the pleasure of meeting and getting to know Mr. C and Francesco – both truly made Villa Lucia our home away from home - they have touched our lives and will remain in our hearts forever.

Reviewed 7 October 2013

Villa Lucia is truly a beautiful villa. Our experience there was of a home away from home for our family of 16. The view was spectacular and our rooms very comfortable. I particularly enjoyed the antique touches such as the holy water font and iron stand in our bedroom.
We thoroughly enjoyed the catered meals at the round stone table overlooking the olive groves. We made use of the bocce court, ping pong table and pool - what a beautiful panoramic view as we basked in the sun.
The manager, Mr. C, and the property attendant, Francesco, were extremely helpful and friendly. Mr. C was very knowledgable in helping us navigate the beautiful Tuscan countryside, pointing out significant areas of interest. We especially enjoyed our visit to one of the few remaining artisans of copper cookware left in Tuscany. Needless to say we left with some pieces for our kitchens in Canada.
Another delightful experience was the cooking class in which all of us participated and enjoyed consuming all the gnocchi, ravioli and linguine along with the stuffed pork tenderloin and copious litres of Tuscan wine.
We will never forget Tuscany and Villa Lucia. We have thousands of pictures to help us relive the memories.
Our deepest thanks to Lucia, Mr. C and Francesco for making this a truly memorable holiday.

Reviewed 3 October 2013

We were traveling across Italy, Tuscany mainly and found Lucy's place via the recommendations on trip advisor.
We spent 6 days in the villa and it was a wonderful experience.
The villa is in a great location, but you will need to rent a car to get to it and get around - and it is a bit hard to find at first.
The rooms are pretty big, well maintained (We stayed in the main house). The area is very quiet the villa is far from the nearest road which doesn't get a lot of traffic anyway.
Lucy really is a fascinating person and we enjoyed many interesting conversations with her.
She's also a dedicated host and will make sure you have everything you need.

All in all we had a great time and we can't wait to go back there.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 July 2013

We celebrated our 50th Anniversary with our entire family at Villa Lucia. Making the decision of choosing a Villa was a HUGE undertaking. I KNEW what my family required, and believe me when I say they can be rather picky, so to find the "perfect" place was daunting. I needn't have worried...first Lucy, the owner was delightful & assuring via emails, and then, my luck still holding, she turned us over to the "AMAZING Mr C", her assistant and right hand! Everything went like clockwork, he picked us up at the train in Florence, all sorted out at the beautiful villa, and then ushered us to the lawn where a lovely Tuscan dinner & champagne was served to our "oh so happy" family! Mr C even "waited" on us, making sure we had everything we required, tending to our every need! What a fabulous meal the staff prepared-and they even shared the recipes!
The rest of our stay went even better, all of our requests were handled as if they were life or death situations, tended to immediately! Mr. C arranged for rental cars to be delivered to us at the villa, suggested day trips, provided all sorts of local history and shopping tips! He even led us on many sight-seeing tours-the highlight of which was the "Coppersmith" in Pesche. He acted as interpreter, knowledgable guide, friend, and host, never wavering in his commitment to Villa Lucia and our comfort & welfare.
The accommodations were top-notch, great beds, fluffy comforters, cool a/c, plenty of ice from their commercial ice machine, great wines, and we had the run of the entire Villa. The outdoor pizza oven and dining area was a HUGE hit with all of us-especially my son! I think he made pizza of some sort for us almost every night! The kitchens were fabulous, and we all enjoyed taking turns preparing meals with the extensive equipment in that beautiful Tuscan setting. The grandchildren (and often, many adults!) played ping-pong, bocce, swam & explored the beautiful hillsides.
When we arrived, Mr C told me that Villa Lucia was MY PROPERTY for our stay, and I found that to be true. I felt like a queen, pampered and tended to for the entire 10 days. Villa Lucia exceeded my wildest expectations, and fulfilled my "Norman Rockwell" image of the perfect vacation. I am torn between keeping Villa Lucia a selfish secret and bragging to all what a wonderful place it is! Obviously, I cannot recommend Villa Lucia enough, but as wonderful as it is, it it is the human element that really sets Villa Lucia apart from other places! Thank you, Mr. C, and Francesco, for so many wonderful memories. Its good to be queen!!!

Room Tip: Every room is special...my husband & I had the annex apartment, and it was delightful. Chicken...