“Fabulous location - great service and food”
Review of Stay Restaurant

Stay Restaurant
Price range: US$34 - US$168
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Groups, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Great Yarmouth, United Kingdom
“Fabulous location - great service and food”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

In Alcudia for a week with the family at the start of July. Had a look at TA for recommendations and selected Stay in Puerto Pollenca. Booked by telephone two days before we went - were given a table for seven outside by the ocean. Wow what a great location and a really special experience. We watched the sunset and the boats were bobbing up and down.

We were impressed with the menu and the service was paced really well. My husband and I ate from the set menu which offered good choices and a half bottle of wine each. They have a lot of staff who are closely managed and it shows. The restaurant was full at one point, but the service never faltered. My son accidentally knocked a half full cocktail glass over and a waiter was there immediately to clear the glass and replace the drink, spot on! The children (8 and 10) were very happy with their choices too. I have given the restaurant a much deserved five stars with good reason. We'll be back to 'Stay' next summer.

Geneva
“Excellent”
Reviewed 19 July 2014

You must book especially if you want a good table outside in the summer.

Our family of 6, with children aged between 12 and 19 all loved the food and we saw much younger children seemingly equally enjoying it. Although no official children's menu we were immediately offered a number of children's options and my 12 year old claimed he had one of the best cheeseburgers ever (note, no bun, which was certainly not missed).

Other reviewers comment on the great value of the set menu and I can only agree. Even though I might have chosen other dishes had it all been "a la carte" I was pleasantly surprised at how delicious each dish was and, contrary to another reviewer, my fish was perfectly cooked and the tastiest I have had in years. Confirmed by my 19 year old who, up until that point, has always considerd fish "samey and boring". Service was excellent. There are a lot of waiters and we never had to wait long for anything. Chocolates and complimentary digestif rounded of a perfect meal.

I was a bit worried it might be a bit too formal for my somewhat, actually very, casual teenagers but not at all. It is one of those places where you can feel comfortable dressed casually or smart.

Macclesfield, United Kingdom
“Average Stay”
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Turned up without a booking and got a table but was told we had an hour.Ordered the wine which is the best in Majorca rose flaires served in cold wrap not a ice bucket which is poor for a upmarket restaurant.Nice olives and tuna and pea free starter.I had the grilled turbot which was a little undercooked and my wife had scallops and prawns which was excellent.No desserts as they were odd mixes ie strudel and vanilla sauce.Free brandies a nice touch.The staff were excellent.I rate this only average because the price does not fit the quality and I believe the perception is this is an upmarket place to eat because it is on the port.I have been to port de pollenca 3times and believe there is better places to eat cheaper but maybe do not look the part for some people.

2 Thank tn1para
London
“Great setting, nice food”
Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

We are here twice this week. First time our hotel booked and we had a nice table near the sea. Good food, big menu. Restaurant is huge (like Tate Modern) and good surprisingly good. So we booked a table there and then to return a couple of nights later. Turned up and they had no record of the booking, the waiter didn't seem to remember us (despite the 15 euro tip we left) but found us a table on the edge of the restaurant. Service was a bit slow and food pretty good. Nothing outstanding but a v nice modern atmosphere. Book to get a good table!

1 Thank KateJones
Perth, United Kingdom
“Simply the best !”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

This is a great place for excellent food and exceptional servce . A must place to go when you are in P P . Dinner here as the sun sets is as good as it gets !

Visited July 2014