“Lunch time pit stop”

Restaurant Corb Mari
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Spanish
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Open since 1960, our privileged location- on the seafront walk of Puerto de Pollenca and our gastronomic offer putting together the best meat with Mediterranean essence have made us into a reference point. We do weddings, christenings, company lunches, and personalised catering for a maximum 90 guests. We don’t improvise with quality or service. We have wine and food tasting dinners. We have an interior terrace and another one on the seafront walk. We serve snacks at midday and become a bistro by night. Ideal for families or moonlit romantic dinners.
Reviewed 10 November 2013

Stopped off for lunch when my friend and I visited Puerto Pollensa for a day in July when we were on a girly holiday but staying further down the coast. Brought my husband along every day for a beer when we stayed for a week In PP in October.

We had lunch on a couple of occasions, my husband said the burgers were lovely and they certainly looked and smelt good. I enjoyed the ham and cheese p'amb oli each time.

It is situated just at the start of the Pine Walks and is a great place to sit, relax and people watch, the staff were friendly and as we went everyday at the same time soon got to know us and our drinks order.

If we had not had our evening meal at our hotel then we would certainly have given the restaurant a try in the evening, perhaps if we visit again we might do so.

1  Thank piggywiggy01

Reviewed 15 October 2013

We have just returned from a 2 week trip to Puerto Pollensa and this was the worst restaurant that we ate in. We ordered paella and were told that it would take 20 minutes. When it finally arrived after 45 minutes it was terrible, the mussels were closed, the meat tough and the whole thing had a very dark look and a burnt taste.
I would advise anyone to avoid this restaurant.

RosanaCattivelli, Maitre at Restaurant Corb Mari, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Thank you for your comments and sorry the delay. Our paella is excellent. The smoked flavour is one of the more valued features of our paella by our customers. To have this flavour we do it on natural wood fire. The colour probably was due that we do not use artificial colouring in our meals.

Reviewed 12 October 2013

We ate here whilst on holiday in September 2013, supposedly as a special treat. We saw that the prices were expensive for this resort, Puerto Pollensa, and assumed that the quality of the food would reflect the high price. What a disappointment our meal was poor quality, no presentation and meagre in portion size.

To add insult they add charges/taxes to your bill for the privelage of dining with them.

The head waiter could do with a course on smiling but maybe he knows he is ripping off clients and is not comfortable in his job.

I would strongly advise giving this restaurant a miss and visit the many other nice places in the resort.

Thanks for your comments. We worked during winter on our improving areas to give to our customers the best service and meals.

Reviewed 6 October 2013

repeat visit;service good but food not inspired and wine list quite expensive; weve had better meals here in the past

Reviewed 3 October 2013

Last night of yet another holiday in lovely Puerto Pollenca but, unfortunately, far and away the worst food in years! Spectacularly awful! I ordered a leg of lamb at 27 euros (prices quoted ex-vat - is that normal?) while my partner ordered salmon. Veg was tiny amount of rice, few thin slices of flaccid courgette and carrots and the limpest oven chips ever. Having never ordered a leg of lamb in my 56 years I was focussing on my treat but it was barely edible. Stringy and charred on those bits which were cooked but much was bloody and raw. I love and cook rare steaks but this was inedible. My partner's salmon (all the veg was left obviously!) was so salty that neither of us could eat it. So, 68.75 for an inedible main course and a pleasant house wine! Oh, and the musician was very good too. Just shocking food though.