“Lunch for ten euros!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of El Posito

El Posito
Good for: Child-friendly, Cheap Eats, Kids, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Tean, United Kingdom
“Lunch for ten euros!”
Reviewed 20 April 2014

My partner went for the ten euro's, three course lunch which included a bottle of wine whilst I had the best starter in the port, baby squid with garlic and a small beer.

I helped her with the wine and we finished off with a coffee each. The total price was 23 euro's.

The restaurant was packed with locals and a few expats and no wonder. If you want true Mallorcan food in traditional surroundings, it's well worth the effort to find El Posito.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank bcfc1950

Bangor, United Kingdom
“Excellent meal”
Reviewed 22 January 2014

I had one very good meal here and one decent Sunday lunch. It was several months ago so can't remember everything, but I remember the baby squid starter was superb, as was my main course of Steak (I think this came sliced with some sort of sauce) and I ordered chips instead of the potato, as I had heard they were home-made chips. My choice was definitely better than my friends suckling pig which was ok, though a little dry. I remember we had a nice bottle of Red too, but can't remember what it was. Probably our second best meal in Pollenca!

• Visited September 2013
Orpington
“Somewhat mixed food quality for the price”
Reviewed 8 November 2013

We were holidaying at the end of the season and the owner explained to other guests that choices were reduced. Our stuffed pepper starter, shared, was uninteresting: fish-flavoured rice in a pepper with a cheese sauce. The supermarket sold a similar product. Mains were good. Dessert was dull, if prettily presented and though my portion was cut for a new cake, it seemed stale.

london
“Best meal in Puerto Pollensa”
Reviewed 20 October 2013

We have just come back from a week in Puerto Pollensa and after trying a couple of typical Spanish restaurants as well as the usual International offerings, this restaurant had by far the best tasting and presented food.

Relatively food is a bit more pricey but its reflected in the quality, especially the Tumbet and Paella. Its worth venturing off the main strip and square and find this restaturant... you won't regret it, plus the staff are very friendly.

1 Thank rickyshah
Leeds
“Still as good !!”
Reviewed 20 October 2013

Our second visit to Port de Pollenca and a year on, our second meal at El Posito. Our party of four shared two starters which were more than adequate along with the bread and olives. Three of the party then had the John Dory (as they had last year) and I had suckling pig. We all agreed the meal was excellent, and although we booked , the restaurant was relatively quiet ( 3rd week in October), but the atmosphere was good and the service excellent. Our meals, with four beers and a bottle of house wine was 110 Euros which we thought good value for money