“It just gets better”

can CuarassA
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 8 May 2013

We visit Mallorca most years for a weeks holiday, and always look forward to visiting Ca'n Cuarassa.
This year we visited on our first night, anxious to start the week with a really good meal. We weren't disappointed! If anything it was better than before with a few new additions to the menu. The staff are all lovely and so welcoming! They are the same staff that have been there for years, and at is always a recommendation. Although it is early May, we were able to sit in the open part off the restaurant downstairs. It's spacious with the tales set well apart, so you don't have to listen to someone else's conversation. I started with the Prawn Tempura and my husband had the Turbot Ravioli. Both dishes were sublime and I will have the ravioli on our next visit (on Friday!) I followed with Hake in Saffron sauce, and my husband had Roast Shoulder of Spring Lamb which fell off the bone. The accompanying vegetable were delicious, and I helped it all down with a lovely glass of Cava. It's so nice to be served by people who really seem to care that you are enjoying your visit, but don't fuss. They just add to the whole experience.
When my husband first suggested eating here many years ago, I was put off by the outside of the building, but I shouldn't have been. Inside the décor is delightful, with stunning views over the sea. It's a little bit outside of town, but we took a taxi there last night which only cost 7.50 euros.
We eat out every night during our stay, and we have yet to find anywhere that is as good as Ca'n Cuarassa.
Do I love it here? YES!!
I hope we will be back in September to renew our friendship, but first I'm looking forward to Friday.

1  Thank bobby195

Reviewed 12 April 2013

This was the best meal we had in Pollenca. (and that's saying a lot). The service was the best I've ever experienced attentive without being intrusive, formal not fussy - we felt well and truly looked after. I imagine the sea view is great but we were there on a wet night and even so the décor, comfort levels and lighting all made for a delightful ambience. The food was also fantastic- fresh ingredients beautifully cooked and immaculately presented.It was not cheap but neither was it ruinously expensive - I felt we had really good value. 'The price is forgotten long after the experience is remembered'.

Reviewed 3 March 2013

We have been visiting it now for 10 years and it has been consistently been good for all that time. The staff never change which says it all. The food, ambience and welcome are exceptional. The prices haven't changed for many years. €30 for 3 courses including wine water and coffee.

It has now opened for 2013 and it has improved yet again, if that is possible. It was full today at a time when all other restaurants have only a few tables. The calamare and the liver ( not together obviously) are to die for. I can't praise it highly enough, but do book beforehand.

Reviewed 3 February 2013

This restaurant was really lovely, we went there last July with our 3 and 6 year old. The food was delicious a real treat after hotel and touristy food. The service was wonderful. It is pricy but it's worth it, we went twice and had friends that recommended it to us.

They have a great (secure) play area for kids, our children played, came and ate then went back and played and made lots of friends and we had our meal in peace...a real treat for us all!

They should get a light for the play area as is was dark when it got dark but the kids didn't seem to mind.

Lovely place highly recommended.

1  Thank K125T
Reviewed 11 November 2012

We were lucky to get a table without having made a reservation - the restaurant was busy with a number of larger parties. The setting is just lovely, with the restaurant having made the most of the large garden area without making it feel too formal. There is obviously a passion for food here - everything is done with style and attention to detail. We will definitely be back.