We arrived back today from a lovely week of relaxation at this delightful 4* hotel in the very scenic Port de Pollenca! We chose a good week to go as weather was beautiful. We stayed in block 4 on the top floor with a poolside view, which is what we requested. To be fair the entertainment was loud but being so far away was faint however finished at around 11 anyway and bar closing shortly after at around 11:30.
ACCOMIDATION: The accomidation was clean, neat and tidy and this says something coming from us as we are quite fussy! It was fresh and airy being a 1 bed apartment. The maid service was fab, towels being changed on a regular basis even the day before we left! Kitchenette was very small but adequate having a microwave and kettle etc
ENTERTAINMENT: Jonny Rocks, Becci Boo and Fab Fay put in 110% effort and have a ton of energy! My only concern i would have with the entertainment is that as my daughter is 11(almost 12) felt that there wasn't much to get involved in with her age as there was activities for 3-11 year olds then over 16s, nothing for 11-16 year olds. Cash prize bingo keeps everyone on the edge of their seats and the professional acts were wonderful.
POOLS: There is a lovely pool in the shape of a 3-leafed clover alongside with a crab slide pool with 3 slides coming out of the crab for ages 6-12 and a squirrel slide and water features pool for ages 1-6. Fun for all he family whatever your age!
FOOD: We travelled as an ALL INCLUSIVE package, food was GORGEOUS and what a variety, it was out of this world! The only thing is that if you go to the poolside bar the only thing that is free for all inclusive people are drinks and a childrens ice-lolly or a mini milk! You can however purchase crisps, chips, burgers etc. Right next to the hotel is a mini-market where you can pick up any bits and bobs at quite high prices. The waiters and waitresses in the resteraunt and bar were lovely, they were efficent and EXTREMELY friendly!
PINE WALK: The pine walk was a lovely, scenic walk with beautiful views. Lots of little bays to stop and sit in with the main beach not very far along. Opposite the beach are bars, resteraunts, beach shops, supermarkets and other shops. It is so beautiful walking along the seafront in the evenings. The pine walk runs parelell with the clear seas!
OVERALL EXPERIENCE: I would recommend this hotel for families. We will definately be travelling with Thomson again in the future. We were pleasantly surprised when we went to wait for the bus in the morning to find that we could go in to the resteraunt. When we went in at around 6ish we saw all drink machines left on and food carefully wrapped in clingfilm on plates for us. When we came on TripAdvisor after booking this holiday here we got rather nervous and concerned about coming seeing some negative reviews putting us off, however it was the complete opposite to what we had been expecting.
If you have gotten this far, thank you very much for reading and enjoy your stay here!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This complex in Puerto de Pollensa (Majorca) is surrounded by the natural beauty of Majorca's Northern coast. The excellent facilities offer fun and sports activities for the most demanding families. Disconnect at Playa Mar and get ready for your best holiday ever! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, TravelUp, Booking.com, Priceline, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Aparthotel Playa Mar & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aparthotel Playa Mar Hotel Port De Pollenca
- Aparthotel Playa Mar Pollenca
- Aparthotel Playa Mar Hotel Pollenca
- Playa Mar
- Aparthotel Playa Mar & Spa Majorca/Port De Pollenca