We went for 5 days from the 6th May. I don't think i could fault the aspects of the hotel we used and the thomson reps were really helpful and gave us a lot of information.
We were self catering so can't comment on the food, but i am glad we did go self catering because there were plenty of places to eat in the port itself, and breakfast was lovely on our balcony with the morning sun on us!
This hotel is very family orientated, but we didn't feel ostracised by the fact we are a young couple. There is a "grown up" indoor spa area which is lovely. A lot of money has been put into that and it was lovely to use it. Its got a pool, jacuzzi, sauna and steam room as well as some plunge pools. Shame it doesn't open earlier. We avoided buying the swimming caps because when we went the lady was doing a treatment so bonus! The outside pool is really good for young ones, and we had a good time in it too! Plenty of beds for us to chose from.
The rooms were spacious, i liked having a separate bedroom/living area and the kitchenette is neatly hidden so its not in your face. It is pretty basic, but we managed fine with it being just us two, all the equipment was there that we needed, and there is a handy corner shop just outside of the hotel for any supplies you might need.
Hotel entertainment isn't our thing but what we saw it looked pretty average, the children seemed to love it though. Drinks are a bit pricey at the bar.
Port de pollensa itself is quite a nice little place. I guess it takes about 20 minutes to get into the heart of the action, and after a few days it was getting a bit of a drag doing that twice or so a day but it is a really lovely walk. Loads of places to get a drink, eat out ect. Nice ice cream place just outside of the bus station. Talking of buses, really cheap and we used them a lot to get about! Pollensa town is great for the 365 steps to the church, nice place to spend a few hours. If there is one thing to do its to get the train from palma to soller. Lovely place and would definitely go back there again!
All in all a top holiday in a lovely region of majorca!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This complex in Puerto de Pollensa (Majorca) is surrounded by the natural beauty of Majorca's Northern coast. The excellent facilities offer fun and sports activities for the most demanding families. Disconnect at Playa Mar and get ready for your best holiday ever! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Agoda, TravelUp, Priceline, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Aparthotel Playa Mar & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aparthotel Playa Mar Hotel Port De Pollenca
- Aparthotel Playa Mar Pollenca
- Aparthotel Playa Mar Hotel Pollenca
- Playa Mar
- Aparthotel Playa Mar & Spa Majorca/Port De Pollenca