We went as a group of twelve with ages ranging from 60 down to 4. The hotel is situated at the end of a Pine Walk which is made up of many cobbled areas, so flat shoes prevent you from toppling over! For agile adults and older children the walk is about 15mins to where the shops/restaurants start. A taxi is about 5 euros to the centre of the town and we used this if we were tired after a busy day, or if the young children were getting tired and the adults couldn't manage any more piggy backs! The Pine Walk is exceptional and a delight to experience. There are many restaurants offering dishes to suit all tastes and wallets.
We spent most of the days by the pool. If you prefer a lounger near the children's pool it does help to be at the pool area for about 0845am but there's none of this leaving towels out overnight or having to be up at 6am. If you don't mind where your lounger is placed there were usually spare ones available throughout the day.Most of the adults used their common sense and left walkways in between the rows of loungers. When this didn't happen it did cause confusion. The large water features were great for children and the adults could cool off by walking through the showers of water. It's not the best pool for serious swimming. The reps were not in your face and seemed to have many willing holidaymakers to take part in the water events. We were a little concerned following the mention of slippery areas near the children's pool, but we needn't have worried as you just need to take the usual care when walking near it and of course, no running! The lifeguard was always in evidence and did a little marshalling if spirits were too high.
The bar/restaurant provided reasonable food and the waiters were quite pleasant. The evening entertainment let the complex down because the hall is far too hot, so if there was a reasonable act, most of the audience were some distance away in the bar area outside. It would also help if the backdrop for the stage could be changed rather than constantly being reminded of how many points the childrens teams had, The reps were energetic and helpful, but the surroundings let them down. It would have been nice to have had a Flamenco evening so that holidaymakers could have reminded themselves about where they were.
The main restaurant was fabulous. Self service and with lots of choice. Very reasonable wine! They had the odd theme night and the staff were very enthusiastic particularly during the Mexican night. They wore wonderful outfits! Everything was very clean and very well presented.
The rooms were clean and modern. There was plenty of hot water. The ktchenette was small but adaquate for light snacks. The buildings are low rise.
We went on a couple of trips which were very successful. One was a general trip around the coastline, stopping off for lunch and at a couple of vantage points. The other was to the pirate show which was fabulous entertainment! We also went on a boat trip which was lovely.
The older members of our group felt that there needed to be more entertainment for them during the day and evening. They enjoyed the daily quiz. The younger members were happy with everything! This was our second trip and i'd go back for more. It's an almost perfect place as far as i'm concerned.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This complex in Puerto de Pollensa (Majorca) is surrounded by the natural beauty of Majorca's Northern coast. The excellent facilities offer fun and sports activities for the most demanding families. Disconnect at Playa Mar and get ready for your best holiday ever! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Agoda, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Aparthotel Playa Mar & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aparthotel Playa Mar Hotel Port De Pollenca
- Aparthotel Playa Mar Pollenca
- Aparthotel Playa Mar Hotel Pollenca
- Playa Mar
- Aparthotel Playa Mar & Spa Majorca/Port De Pollenca