Just got back from a great week at the Playa Mar. We were aware before travelling that it was a family resort, but we took a gamble that it wouldn't be too busy with kids. On this occasion, the gamble didn't pay off, as we hit the first week of the Summer season and this includes a large team of Thomson Kids Club reps and...lots of kids.
I have to be honest in saying if you are a couple looking for a very peaceful all inclusive break by the pool, that you may not get that here during summer, as the focus is on keeping the kids entertained (and since this is a family resort, that is to be expected...it's not a criticism, just an honest opinion). The entertainment got very repetitive...mostly involving the rep team dancing the same dance to the same songs over and over again day and night. I was fed up of "What does the fox say" and other such tracks by the end of the week. We broke it up nicely with trips around the local area but the lack of somewhere to have a quiet drink in the late evenings was a bit of a shame as you can't really escape the noise.
Arrival was very smooth, and I have to complement the staff at this hotel - some of the friendliest I have ever encountered. Professional, helpful and ever smiling - a credit to the hotel.
Food is great and plentiful. It's quite a small hotel, so while it may not have the variety of some larger hotels as mentioned by other reviewers, the variety is spot on for the size and the quality was excellent. I ate something different every night and there is enough to cater for all tastes.
We were all inclusive and the service was excellent. There is a good range of drinks on offer and as with other hotels you can pay extra for the premium brands if you want. I was happy with the house beer (Estrella) and the Mrs worked her way through the house cocktail menu.
Rooms are fine, nice and spacious and very clean, as is the rest of the hotel. The spa is very nice.
You can get into the main town area via a lovely walk along the pine walk, which is 20 minutes ish. There are great views here during the day.
We used the local bus services to visit Pollenca and the Inca Market (cost us under £15 via public bus vs £50 for a Thomson excursion!!)
All in all the hotel is really great and I would highly recommend it to anybody. Perhaps the off-season is better for couples, but for families I don't think you could want more. Would definitely return - but not during Summer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This complex in Puerto de Pollensa (Majorca) is surrounded by the natural beauty of Majorca's Northern coast. The excellent facilities offer fun and sports activities for the most demanding families. Disconnect at Playa Mar and get ready for your best holiday ever! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Alpha Holidays Limited, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, LoveHolidays, Ebookers, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Playa Mar & Spa Aparthotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aparthotel Playa Mar Hotel Port De Pollenca
- Aparthotel Playa Mar Pollenca
- Aparthotel Playa Mar Hotel Pollenca
- Playa Mar & Spa Aparthotel Majorca/Port De Pollenca