We just arrived back from a one week holiday at the Playa Mar, travelling with our 2 children (a 3 year old and a 1 year old). This was our first stay at a family resort and we were a little apprehensive about how it was going to be and whether it would be full of families with loutish behaviour. However the families here were all genuinely lovely. Our 1 year old had a high temperature halfway through the holiday and we were inundated with offers of support and help from every couple we spoke to.
When we arrived we were given a glass of Cava and the children had some orange juice. The rooms were fine for us and had a bedroom which was seperate from the living room (handy for night times) and the kitchen had a toaster, microwave, kettle and a couple of hobs but being half board meant we didn't have to cook anything, so didn't use the kitchen facility. There were plenty of plates and cups and saucepans. I could imagine the room being quite a squeeze for two adults and two older children.
The pool was lovely, and our children loved playing on the cow slides and swimming in both pools. We had a heat wave when we arrived (circa 30C), and there always seemed like plenty of space to swim despite nearly everyone in the complex cooling down in the water.
The hotel grounds were clean and well kept. The complex is actually pretty small and you can walk from one size to the other in a couple of minutes.
The food was great with lots of choice, and they have a lovely children's buffet which my three year old loved using. I can't praise the restaurant staff enough. They made such a fuss of the children and made our trip really special. The kids club is fantastic, and there are loads of sessions going on. It was nice for our three year old to get out of the heat for a couple of hours per day. We didn't use the creche but heard good things about it from others. There is also a small soft play area inside that you can use anytime of the day.
The entertainers were also fab, Tricky Nicky, Koko Pops and Rossy Rocks, had so much enthusiasm and energy, both of mine loved little pups and the kennel club in the evening. She keeps singing the songs even now and going on about TT (Thomson the Dog).
The area of port de pollenca is beautiful and peaceful with plenty of yummy tapas restaurants and amazing paella.
All in all a fantastic family holiday, made extra special by the wonderful staff at the Playa Mar.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This complex in Puerto de Pollensa (Majorca) is surrounded by the natural beauty of Majorca's Northern coast. The excellent facilities offer fun and sports activities for the most demanding families. Disconnect at Playa Mar and get ready for your best holiday ever! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Aparthotel Playa Mar & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aparthotel Playa Mar Hotel Port De Pollenca
- Aparthotel Playa Mar Pollenca
- Aparthotel Playa Mar Hotel Pollenca
- Playa Mar
- Aparthotel Playa Mar & Spa Majorca/Port De Pollenca