I agree with other reviews about the apartments and complex being a little dated. However, the price reflects this, and for the amount of time your in the room, it is acceptable.
Positives :- Great location, a stroll away from pine walk, sea front, restaurants and town centre and square. Manuel, the entertainment man, excellent, at it all day, not to overpowering and doesn't badger you to take part. Great with kids disco at 9pm each night. Reception staff very helpful. Car hire, directly opposite the apartments, 84 euros for 3 days, we had Fiat Panda which was sufficient for the 340 miles we did, and used 50 euros of fuel. Insurance was full apart from tyres and keys.
Negatives :- On the second day we decided to use the pool. Around 40 beds lay available. I got two and found the mechanism which enables the bed to an upright position, i.e. reading, was missing or broken. I moved around the many others and found these to be the same. No beds available at all. We decided to go round to the Flora Apartments just at the back. Their beds were far more superior, as was the surroundings, and the inside of the building. We spent money on drinks and food at the Flora instead. We did this for several days thus depriving the Ora Playa from many euros each day. I spoke to others who did the same. This was very annoying and a great disappointment. I would advise that if your a sun worshipper you need to get out very early and seek out a good bed, or book somewhere else. The patio door was so stiff my wife struggled to open it. I checked and found it very much needed lubrication. I reported this to reception on day 2, and she said she would report it to the technician. On leaving on day 7, the door had not been lubricated or seen too. Again very disappointing. The cleaners didn't clean the balcony and we found we had to do this ourselves. Also, wi-fi in reception area not reliable. I struggled to give this accommodation 3 stars, but it just about scaled home.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Priceline, Lastminute, TripOnline SA, TravelUp, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Apartments Oro Playa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Apartments Oro Playa Hotel Port De Pollenca
- Apartments Oro Playa Pollenca
- Apartments Oro Playa Hotel Pollenca
- Oro Playa Apartments
- Apartments Oro Playa Majorca/Port De Pollenca