Mar Calma Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Hotel Eolo(Port de Pollenca)
  • Beachfront
Hoposa Daina Hotel(Port de Pollenca)
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Miramar(Port de Pollenca)
El Vila(Pollenca)
View Hotel
Hotel Capri(Port de Pollenca)
  • Breakfast included
Sis Pins(Port de Pollenca)
  • Beachfront
Puerto Azul Suite Hotel(Port de Pollenca)
  • Pool
Hoposa Bahia Hotel(Port de Pollenca)
  • Breakfast included
La Goleta Hotel de Mar(Port de Pollenca)
  • Breakfast included
Sealand Villas(Port de Pollenca)
  • Pool
All reviewshot tubroof terracegin barboutique hotelthe main squarecentral locationpillow menunoisy at nighton arrivallovely hotela real sun trappuerto pollensasmall hotelwelcome drinktown squarebed was very comfortablebars restaurants
Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

Had a lovely stay here for a week in June. Very comfortable, beautifully decorated and peaceful. Ideally situated in the centre of Puerto Pollensa within walking distance of bars, shops and restaurants. All the staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful.
The rooftop terrace with hot tub was amazing !!!
Would recommend without hesitation and would definitely like to return.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Carlos C, Director de Recepción at Mar Calma Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Dear Guests,
Thank you very much for your review, hope to see you again soon at The Mar Calma Hotel.
Regards,

Carlos Capllonch

Reviewed 3 June 2014

We booked Mar Calma based on tripadvisor reviews and did not regret our choice for a second! I was a little nervous coming into the Port and seeing some of the other accommodations on offer, but when our coach dropped us outside of Mar Calma, we were immediately impressed by its modernity and cleanliness. I cannot stress enough how friendly and helpful the staff are; they will do anything to assist you and helped us with bus schedules/pillows/irons/plasters and so on.
The breakfast included is of an excellent quality with fresh fruits, continental options, meats, cheeses and you can order hot options alongside this (though most of us didn't need it!) What I liked was breakfast was served until 10.30am, which was perfect for a holiday booked purely for relaxation purposes.
They kindly gave us quieter rooms on request, although the music from the downstairs bar can be a little noisy (though does stop at a decent time). The rooftop terrace with hot tub was one of the best parts and is a real sun trap. As other reviewers have pointed out there is a stunning view down to the Port and when the sun sets, it is really a quiet and stunning place to be.
Location is excellent and a mere 1 min walk to the front. If you turn left you reach the nicer restaurants along the front of the Port. Good ice cream available from the corner near the hotel too!

Room Tip: Rooms on the front side of the hotel are quieter.
3  Thank RLA94
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Seems to look good, but quality is poor.
doors noisy, in highseason lots of noise from the street.
staff breakfast area had his preferences.
Was not friendly at all.
Location not on the boulevard, but street behind.

3  Thank ineke1000
Carlos C, Director de Recepción at Mar Calma Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your stay with us.
I am sorry that your experience at Mar Calma Hotel did not live up to your expectations.

As you and other Tripadvisor users can see Mar Calma is rated very, very highly by other users. Every guest who has stayed with us in May, apart from your review, has left excellent reviews after their stay with us. I am therefore a little surprised that you did not experience the same excellent level of service as other guests enjoyed staying at the same time.
I can assure you that our team are trained to the highest standards and I feel that your comment "not friendly at all" is not justified and a little unfair.

Kind regards,

Carlos Capllonch

Reviewed 19 May 2014

Very pleasantly surprised by Mar Calma. Having stayed at a few...delapidated hotels in Port de Pollenca before, I was a bit nervous about this one, but it's fantastic. Everything is immaculate, from the guy at the front desk who speaks at least 4 languages, to the free champagne delivered to our room (seriously, I didn't even ask!). They had a late checkout time as standard, and even though we arrived 5hrs early, we were still able to check in after a long journey from Scotland. Breakfast was included, which I didn't realise, and it was excellent. Stuffed my face full of pastries and cheese first thing in the morning, which is the correct way to start a holiday.

Plus...the roof terrace and hot tub are brilliant, what a nice touch. The view down the marina is something I'd never seen in all my years visiting the Port.

Loved it, will definitely be staying again.

Room Tip: At the weekend, try for the 3rd floor, there's music noise from downstairs, but it was muffled anyway. Depends if you're a light sleeper or not.
3  Thank DuskyHusky
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We stayed here for 3 nights from 15th April. Walked past it twice before realising it was our hotel. Very boutique style and trendy. Staff were excellent, very helpful. After the first morning my pot of tea was waiting for me as I entered the breakfast room, the waiter couldn't do anymore for us. Plenty of choice for breakfast. The hot tub on the roof terrace was the surprise treat for me. After a days walking there was nothing better than relaxing in the tub. The hotel is very central and lots of nice restaurants and bars close by, but not too busy as only early in the season. The hotel is really well sound proofed but there was some noise from the bar next door in the early hours, not sure what it would be like in the high season, but it hasn't put us off as it was of a very high standard. Look forward to going back to Pollensa and this hotel.

Room Tip: Room 102 overlooks the side road leading up to the square best to choose higher up room 304.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple