Aparthotel Duva & Spa
Hoposa Daina Hotel(Port de Pollenca)(Great Value!)
US$164
US$154
  • Breakfast included
FERGUS Style Pollensa Park SPA(Port de Pollenca)(Great Value!)
US$176
US$169
  • Pool
Hoposa Uyal Hotel(Port de Pollenca)(Great Value!)
US$173
US$166
Hotel Illa d'Or(Port de Pollenca)
US$330
US$295
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Romantic(Port de Pollenca)(Great Value!)
US$200
US$193
  • Beachfront
  • Restaurant
Puerto Azul Suite Hotel(Port de Pollenca)(Great Value!)
US$1,169
US$188
  • Pool
Sis Pins(Port de Pollenca)
US$157
US$152
  • Beachfront
Hoposa Hotel & Apartments Villaconcha(Port de Pollenca)(Great Value!)
US$131
US$120
Aparthotel Flora(Port de Pollenca)(Great Value!)
US$151
US$142
  • Restaurant
Aparthotel Club del Sol Resort & SPA(Port de Pollenca)(Great Value!)
US$213
  • Pool
All reviewstennis courtsself cateringminute walkpuerto pollensaindoor poolpremium apartmenteroski supermarketswimming hatshuttle busgreat holidaybusy roadnext yearevening entertainmentacross the roadlarge supermarketreception staffbike storage
Reviewed 16 September 2012

I've been to many a resort and this was great. Not over the top amazing but great. background: I went with my wife, 1 yr old daughter, her 2 grand parents and her uncle. Checking in was a BREEEEEEZE, I booked direct with the hotel as it was cheaper than Thomas cook (which will go bust within the next year) and basically walked in, 5 mins time was walking to room. Went all inclusive as its SOOOOO cheap and worth it. Room was nice, better than any double room as its a combi kitchen seating and you have a seperate bedroom (great if you have child). had to pay a little for a cot but nothing much, cot was good build and basically one of the standard upper market travel cots you get in the uk. Air con worked ok. Hotel had lots, spa, tennis courts, PADDLE (try paddle). Pool would have been small (if i had gone during term time) but ok for our stay. 15m walk to beach but what is 15m + on weekdays free bus. Food was decent. Thought they were getting rid of it all by end of week but still good. If you have a baby the selection at lunch may be a bit limited note, but breakfast and dinner is fine. All in all. great holiday and the local reps have lots to do (I Actually won 110 euros on bingo and the rod stewert look alkie was good). Also they have a mini disco for young kids at 8:30 each night so they can boogie down. Was very good. I have no complaints and I complain ALOT! apart from beds a little stiff. Remember... GO ALL INCLUSIVE,,, its CHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP

Room Tip: Any is good. Music will go on until 10:30-11pm so expect that.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank BarryA
Reviewed 15 September 2012

First impression upon arrival rooms a little dated and tired however clean. Accomodation reasonable size. Pool area OK however majority of sun loungers appear damaged or broken and in need of replacement. Pool area with sun beds somewhat crowded. The pool itself very clean and well maintained. The entertainment staff with limited resources were extremely good and inventive and they were appreciated by all guests. The self service buffet was reasonably varied but the food rarely hot. The spa facilities and the health club are very good but little used and obviously where the hotel gains its four star rating. The on site shop choice very limited but another supermarket closeby better stocked. My husband, adult daughter and I went on an all inclusive basis which I would advise as value for money. The location was quiet - a fifteen minute walk from the beach or a 5 euro taxi ride. Despite all of the comments above there is something appealing about the hotel and the staff who were superb and I would not hesitate to make a return visit.

Room Tip: If you chooses to go on a self catering basis room only has microwave and hob no oven facilites
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Shirley T
Reviewed 12 September 2012

I stayed in this hotel with my mum and sister for a long weekend and it was lovely for a short period of time.

The hotel itself is set at the base of a mountain so there is pretty much nothing around apart from a local supermarket. We took taxis into puerto pollensa each night which only cost 5euro each way and well worth the cost as it is a lovely port.

The rooms are lovely and spacious (we had a one bedroom apartment), and I was impressed with the cleaning quality. We were bed and breakfast and were also impressed with the cleanliness and quality of the breakfasts.

The pool area definitely needs an overhaul. I would say at least half of the sun loungers are broken and/or have wonky backrests which are then uncomfortable. But the pool is clean and the area is cleaned and tidied daily

I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Sam P
Reviewed 10 September 2012

Holiday was for 10 days in August 2012, our whole party of 7 adults and 5 children stayed in 4 rooms. Rooms are spacious, plenty storage, ample kitchen facilities and good air con. They were cleaned 6 days a week to a good standard. We all stayed Room only basis but did use the restaurant one evening, basic buffet style with all you can eat and drink (house wines/beer/soft drinks). The food was reasonable but nothing fancy, and you could not eat outside. The pool bar did serve snacks at certain times and the food again was ok.
Pool is VERY DEEP does not have a shallow end at all. There is a small baby/kids pool at the side for little ones. (BEWARE THE TILES, VERY SLIPPY IN FLIP FLOPS WHEN WET) The main down side of this hotel is the size of the pool area, it is pretty small and there are never enough beds. People were going down to the beds at 7.30am and sleeping on them but saving 4/5 others at the same time. Hotel staff come around at 8.45 and are supposed to remove towels off any beds if no one is lying or saving them. (I never saw this happen but I did have to set my alarm for 7.30am to go down at 8am and get beds for our family)
Also the sunbeds themselves are rather uncomfortable and in need of repair or replacing.
Inside the hotel the spa area is great, a real relaxing place if you want to pay for a swimming hat, but at 3 euros its worth it. Across the road there is also another pool (with even less sunbeds than the main pool - we never managed to get beds here at all the whole holiday)
Internet is available in the reception (2 computers).
The tennis courts are a nice area with a cafe and play area including bouncy castle and trampoline for under 9's which cost 3euro for the whole day to come and go from.
Location of the hotel is pretty disappointing, nice views of the hills to the back but then you have a good 15/20 minute walk along a very busy main road to the restaurants/marina/beach area.
Puerto Pollenca is a gorgeous resort with a fantastic long stretch of beach and many restaurants to choose from.
I would certainly come back to this area but would choose another hotel due to the location and sunbed issue. Which is a shame as the hotel is good, and the staff are really nice and friendly.

Room Tip: I wouldn't have a pool that over looks the pool as it is pretty noisy. If you like to sunbathe outside your room ask for a ground floor room as these did have sunbeds with them and a grassy area to sunbathe. I asked for a quiet room and was given 1601 which was on top floor (3rd) and overlooked the gardens.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank annassa
Reviewed 7 September 2012

We recently stayed for 10 days at the Duva Hotel. We were 2 adults and 2 kids and stayed on a self catering basis. We spent most days at the pool or beach and usually went into town in the evening to eat. There are lots of bars and restaurants in town. Prices are not cheap but we didn't have a bad meal. We knew the hotel was a fair distance from town but didn't realise how few amenities were nearby.

I used the gym once and it was well equipped but did not open until 8:30am. I tried to book the tennis courts but these could only be booked from 9am and the morning slots were block booked (it was too hot to play at any other time!). We snuck on at 8am one morning though and it was fine.

The pool was always busy mainly with families. Some activities were run during the day and there was entertainment most evenings.

Positives
Shuttle bus to/from the beach
Regular activities including archery, rifle shooting and pony rides
Very helpful reception staff
Air-conditioning in bedroom and lounge
Free safety deposit box
Maid service everyday except Sunday
Gym and tennis courts
3 pools on site
Kids club
Entertainment every evening except Saturday

Negatives
Fair distance from town centre - 15-20 mins walk
No oven (looking at other reviews, some rooms do have ovens)
Gym does not open until at least 8:30am
Not enough parasols around main pool
Main pool quite deep
Only the main pool has a bar

Recommended restaurants
Neptuno - tapas restaurant near the town square
Los Zarzales - bit pricey but good Mallorcan food

Recommended trips
Hidropark (Alcudia) - there are better waterparks but the kids loved it
Pollensa Town - very lively in the evening. Try doing the steps!
Alcudia Old Town - step back in time within the medieval city walls

Overall, we enjoyed our stay but have stayed in better hotels for similar prices. I doubt if we will return but think most people who stay there will have a good time.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family