We spent October half term here and we were not disappointed at all. The hotel is well laid out with a large, albeit a bit deep, pool and loads of sun loungers. The room we were in was a one bed apartment with two sofa beds in the lounge to accommodate our party of 4. The room had an electric hob, fridge, toaster and a kettle although only the fridge was used as we were all inclusive. A TV and a built in radio were also available as was aircon. On the whole the rooms were clean and comfortable with a decent bathroom and a balcony that viewed over the pool and caught the sun all day.
The food was the normal Spanish hotel fare and included lots of fish, chops and steaks. Casseroled meats and paella were on quite often and there was plenty of fresh salad and fruit available for lunch and dinner. Kids could always find chips, pizza and fish nuggets if they are fussy.
Breakfast was a good choice of fry up type foods as well as omelettes, pancakes and cereals with fresh fruit available. Overall the menu was decent at every meal.
Entertainment was on the wind down while we were there as it was coming to the end of the season and Miguel was the only entertainer on duty (don't know if that's the norm for summer) and he did a cracking job of keeping the kids and adults busy with four activities during the day such as shooting, archery or a little game such as ring toss or similar. Evenings had a mini disco for the kids, bingo and then a quiz. A couple of evenings had a flamenco group and a magician on.
All inclusive drinks were on from 10am until 11pm and were recognised soft drinks and local spirits although you'd be hard pushed to notice the difference. Only one type of beer available on draught so if your an ale nut you'll be disappointed with the choice but it was cold and tasted great. The only small whinge on the drinks front is draught beer was served in half glasses only so trips to the bar would be frequent if your a beer lover. Not a massive hardship while we were there as the hotel was not really bust but could imagine it being an issue in the height of summer when the place is busy. They didn't enforce any rules such as maximum number of drinks per person per time so we worked around it easily enough.
The hotel has a well equipped gym in the basement which is what swung the booking for me in the first place. Plenty of decent weights and bars and a range of machines, a few treadmills and some spinning bikes.
The complex is located on the edge of puerta pollensa and is a 10 to 15 minute walk to the main port area where the shops and restaurants are located. There isn't much else round about but the mountains behind give a lovely backdrop to the place. A supermarket is approximately 400m away down the main road.
Overall we would wholeheartedly recommend the hotel and we plan to return next year. There were people there at the time who were also on repeat visits so that generally tells you something.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Aparthotel Duva Convention & Spa Center is located in the town of Puerto Pollensa in Majorca. The sandy beach with shallow waters and clean sands is under a mile away from the Duva Pollensa Aparthotel. Puerto Pollensa, which has plenty of shops, boutiques, cafes, bars, restaurants and places for a great nightlife is only 850 metres from the complex. The Duva Aparthotel offers a chilled out atmosphere, which is ideal for those looking for a relaxing break from the hustle and bustle of home life. Cyclist 4 Star complex with security, repair, storage and bike cleaning facilities, washing machine & drier. Professional bike hiring. Cycling & routing backup services & Cycle excursions. Training camps 7 & 14 days. As a complement of our facilities services, we offer you the opportunity succeed in the organization of your own important events. 3 Multifunctional rooms endowed with the most advanced technology and in one of the best evironment of the north side of Majorca. Open from February till November, Come and Enjoy!!! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Priceline, 5viajes2012 S.L., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HRS and Cancelon so you can book your Aparthotel Duva & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aparthotel Duva And Spa
- Aparthotel Duva Hotel Port De Pollenca
- Hotel Aparthotel Duva
- Aparthotel Duva & Spa Majorca/Port De Pollenca