We booked to stay here 2 weeks before going with Thomas Cook - all 4 of us (family with 3 & 1 year old) went for October half term for £750 Half Board! We weren't expecting much for the money but all had a great holiday - the food at the hotel was good with plenty of choice and variety (at least 2 different fish and meat choices daily), the weather was on our side (warm and sunny enough to go to the beach) and the staff were friendly. Being the last week of the season the hotel was quiet but this suited us just fine, no queues for the buffett and the indoor pool almost to ourselves (apart from on Hallowen)
Our apartment was a good size and well equipped although it could do with a bit of a update. It was cleaned daily (well beds made, clean towels and floor brushed).
We had a taste of what the hotel is like at full capacity on Hallowen (they held a party which filled the hotel with the locals) - we decided we wouldn't like it during peak season. The effort made for Hallowen however was fantastic - reception and the restaurant decorated to a very high standard and all the staff dressed up - But the disco (which started at 9pm) was very loud and went on into the early hours, we could hear the songs clearly in our apartment with all windows and doors closed! (our apartment was in the block next to where the disco was). I guess this is what it's like in peak season when there is entertainment on.
I suppose it isn't really a 4* Hotel in terms of decor-it could do with updating but facility wise it had all you could want.
We didn't find the walk into town to bad, pleasant 20 mins walk along the bike track which runs along side the main road. We found plenty to fill our week even though many of the bars and shops had closed for the season.
We would certainly go back again out of season.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Aparthotel Duva Convention & Spa Center is located in the town of Puerto Pollensa in Majorca. The sandy beach with shallow waters and clean sands is under a mile away from the Duva Pollensa Aparthotel. Puerto Pollensa, which has plenty of shops, boutiques, cafes, bars, restaurants and places for a great nightlife is only 850 metres from the complex. The Duva Aparthotel offers a chilled out atmosphere, which is ideal for those looking for a relaxing break from the hustle and bustle of home life. Cyclist 4 Star complex with security, repair, storage and bike cleaning facilities, washing machine & drier. Professional bike hiring. Cycling & routing backup services & Cycle excursions. Training camps 7 & 14 days. As a complement of our facilities services, we offer you the opportunity succeed in the organization of your own important events. 3 Multifunctional rooms endowed with the most advanced technology and in one of the best evironment of the north side of Majorca. Open from February till November, Come and Enjoy!!! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, LoveHolidays, Odigeo, Priceline and TravelUp so you can book your Aparthotel Duva & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aparthotel Duva And Spa
- Aparthotel Duva Hotel Port De Pollenca
- Hotel Aparthotel Duva
- Aparthotel Duva & Spa Majorca/Port De Pollenca