I booked this hotel direct for a ten day stay at the beginning of August for myself, wife, son (17) and daughter (15). It is advertised as a 4 star but I am not quite sure how it gets this rating. I can only assume that the leisure facilities including an indoor pool is the reason. The accommodation is quite definitely 3 star. It was probably too much to expect a 4 star at 125 Euros per night for 4 of us at the height of the season. So taking that into account we couldn't complain with what we finished up with. The apartment was clean but not spotless, facilities were adequate for breakfast ( fridge, toaster, microwave, kettle and a 2 ring burner) and there was adequate space for 4 of us without feeling cramped (2 rooms to the apartment). Air conditioning worked very well. Son and daughter were not happy that the single couch beds were too short and too hard.
A large number of guests were on all inclusive packages possibly because the hotel is not central. It is approx 1 kilometre from the centre of Puerto Pollensa which is not a problem if you have a car otherwise its a taxi or walk should you wish to venture forth. The first part of the walk is along a busy road. The nearest supermarket is at the end of this section of road (approx 0.5 Kilometre). A Spar is much closer but much more expensive.
Pollensa itself is great with plenty of places to eat and very relaxed and the long stretches of beach were not over crowded even in August.
If you base yourself at the hotel sunbeds disappear quickly in the morning and are lined up with no room in between. The resident host plays kiddies games throughout the day in the pool. The evenings have a full "entertainment "schedule based around the pool bar ranging from karaoke to quizzes to dancers and to say it was amateurish is being as kind as I can put it. This goes on until midnight . For the rooms within earshot of the pool bar this means no peace and quiet until well after nidnight. Luckily we were sufficiently far enough away thanks to some good advice from a trip adviser member. The hotel is in blocks and we had requested a block at the back with a mountain view. In summary we got what we paid for so no real grumbles but when we return to Pollensa (as we will as we really enjoyed the resort) we will book one of the lovely hotels on the sea front. The Hotel ILLA D'Or is a proper 4 star hotel at the end of the Pine Walk and guests we spoke to were very impressed. Also well recommended by guests was the 3 star Hotel Uyal.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Aparthotel Duva Convention & Spa Center is located in the town of Puerto Pollensa in Majorca. The sandy beach with shallow waters and clean sands is under a mile away from the Duva Pollensa Aparthotel. Puerto Pollensa, which has plenty of shops, boutiques, cafes, bars, restaurants and places for a great nightlife is only 850 metres from the complex. The Duva Aparthotel offers a chilled out atmosphere, which is ideal for those looking for a relaxing break from the hustle and bustle of home life. Cyclist 4 Star complex with security, repair, storage and bike cleaning facilities, washing machine & drier. Professional bike hiring. Cycling & routing backup services & Cycle excursions. Training camps 7 & 14 days. As a complement of our facilities services, we offer you the opportunity succeed in the organization of your own important events. 3 Multifunctional rooms endowed with the most advanced technology and in one of the best evironment of the north side of Majorca. Open from February till November, Come and Enjoy!!! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Travel Republic (UK), LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Aparthotel Duva & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aparthotel Duva And Spa
- Aparthotel Duva Hotel Port De Pollenca
- Hotel Aparthotel Duva
- Aparthotel Duva & Spa Majorca/Port De Pollenca