We stayed for one week at Apathotel Duva, and although it was advertised as 4 star, in our opinion it was only worth 3 stars. We had stayed last year at a 5star all incl in Hammamet Tunisia and the difference between the two hotels (bearing in mind that there was only 1 star difference) was enormous. We were all incl as well, but there were conditions with this. First;ly be aware, that if you like us arrive late, there is nowhere to get anything to eat or drink, We arrived at 1am, starving hungry and thirsty. We asked if there was any water and was shown to a vending machine. There was nothing left in our room, not even a bottle of water in the fridge. I found it very strange that although we were all incl and certain drinks were included at no point was that to include water!! A strange thing was that whilst the restaurant was open you had to pay for things like crisps 1 euro, when it was shut, they were free. Also the all incl drinks were different than those you paid for. The Pina Colada came in a strange looking white bottle already made up and the alchohol content was minimal.
Maybe unkindly we nicknamed the apartments as Prison Cell Block H and to our amusement noticed that someone previously had scrawled a large H on one of the pillars. There is no maid service at all on Sunday and although the food was edible and plentiful, you could usually work out what had been recycled from the previous day.
We are used to travelling around ourselves, catching buses here and there, but there were few places to go to, Pollensa didnt look inviting, Alcudia, well that was ok ish, Palma is shut on Sundays even down to the Cathedral and Inca is ok on a Thursday as the local market is there. The other major problem is that the buses are very infrequent, sometimes 2 hours apart and others 4 hours apart, so be aware that if like us you enjoy doing the travelling around yourselves, then be sure that you know where to get the return bus or it will be a long wait.
All in all, a reasonable holiday, always take my video camera to record our jaunts, hotel etc, but for one weeks stay only recorded six minutes! To sum up a cheap, clean friendly hotel in the middle of nowhere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Aparthotel Duva Convention & Spa Center is located in the town of Puerto Pollensa in Majorca. The sandy beach with shallow waters and clean sands is under a mile away from the Duva Pollensa Aparthotel. Puerto Pollensa, which has plenty of shops, boutiques, cafes, bars, restaurants and places for a great nightlife is only 850 metres from the complex. The Duva Aparthotel offers a chilled out atmosphere, which is ideal for those looking for a relaxing break from the hustle and bustle of home life. Cyclist 4 Star complex with security, repair, storage and bike cleaning facilities, washing machine & drier. Professional bike hiring. Cycling & routing backup services & Cycle excursions. Training camps 7 & 14 days. As a complement of our facilities services, we offer you the opportunity succeed in the organization of your own important events. 3 Multifunctional rooms endowed with the most advanced technology and in one of the best evironment of the north side of Majorca. Open from February till November, Come and Enjoy!!! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Jet2Holidays , Odigeo, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Aparthotel Duva & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aparthotel Duva And Spa
- Aparthotel Duva Hotel Port De Pollenca
- Hotel Aparthotel Duva
- Aparthotel Duva & Spa Majorca/Port De Pollenca