Four of us have just stayed at the Duva Aparthotel on an all-inclusive basis for a week.
The reception area is quite impressive and the reception staff were friendly and helpful - especially Toni. The apartments were quite big but need modernising, especiallyt he bathrooms. The shower was very poor and there was no ventilation. The aircon was OK. It was clean but not spotless. The gardens are spacious and very attractive.
The pool area is nice and most of the bar staff were friendly. We were also told we couldn't have another drink, even if there was only a small amount left in the glass but after we got talking to the staff more, this was no longer a problem.
The entertainment was very amateurish - singing out of tune and the same songs sung on different nights. We are not particularly bothered about having entertainment but if we're in the bar at night, it's nice to listen to good singing! The magician was good.
The main thing about the Duva is the food. We aren't fussy eaters but this was very poor. Quite a large choice (although many meals repeated during the week) but EVERY meal was either lukewarm or even cold. The food must be put out too early and the heaters are not adequate. If the plates had been warmed it might have helped a bit. Also, not everyone wants sweet things after a meal - cheese and biscuits would be a good idea. Last year we stayed at the Pollensa Park which is only a 3 star and the food was much better.
We all enjoyed the holiday., except for the food. The Duva is quite a way out of town but as stated in other reviews, the taxis are prompt and cheap.
We can only agree with a previous review that the 4 star must only have been given because of the gym, indoor pool etc. This was very well maintained. If there was no gym, they couldn't be classed as 4 star.
If you do stay at the Duva, we wouldn't recommend staying all-inclusive - perhaps self-catering or B&B. If you like your food hot, then stay elsewhere!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Aparthotel Duva Convention & Spa Center is located in the town of Puerto Pollensa in Majorca. The sandy beach with shallow waters and clean sands is under a mile away from the Duva Pollensa Aparthotel. Puerto Pollensa, which has plenty of shops, boutiques, cafes, bars, restaurants and places for a great nightlife is only 850 metres from the complex. The Duva Aparthotel offers a chilled out atmosphere, which is ideal for those looking for a relaxing break from the hustle and bustle of home life. Cyclist 4 Star complex with security, repair, storage and bike cleaning facilities, washing machine & drier. Professional bike hiring. Cycling & routing backup services & Cycle excursions. Training camps 7 & 14 days. As a complement of our facilities services, we offer you the opportunity succeed in the organization of your own important events. 3 Multifunctional rooms endowed with the most advanced technology and in one of the best evironment of the north side of Majorca. Open from February till November, Come and Enjoy!!! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Expedia, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, LoveHolidays, TravelUp, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Aparthotel Duva & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aparthotel Duva And Spa
- Aparthotel Duva Hotel Port De Pollenca
- Hotel Aparthotel Duva
- Aparthotel Duva & Spa Majorca/Port De Pollenca