We just returned on Saturday from Puerto Pollensa and stayed at the Habitat Apartments for two weeks, which are situated just back from the main road leading into the resort. The walk along the cycle path or pavement takes about 10 minutes, and the other road to the beach about 15 minutes, not really long at all, but it is a very busy main road to cross, especially if you had young children with you, but there are designated crossing areas.
As far as the apartments are concerned it was coming to the end of the season and they were preparing to close therefore it was not that busy, but Duva the sister hotel was. The apartments themselves are adequately stocked with the basic essentials for self catering, they are quite large apartments but there was just the two of us and we had two bedrooms and the rest of the apartment to ourselves, furniture wise it was basic, clean but not spotless, looked as though it had seen a lot of visitors throughout the year with a quick changeover and not much time to really be cleaned properly. A large balcony which overlooked the childrens pool, and the larger pool which is very deep, but is sometime used for people learning to dive. The pool at the other apartments was much better.
Our bedding and towels were changed regularly and we had no complaints, the pool area and surrounds are cleaned every morning, but it is a bit shabby with old broken beds lying around, and not enough umbrella's. The staff are very nice and friendly, and any complaints dealt with immediately, except the ants, we were given a spray after we complained, and no matter how much we used it they kept coming back in their droves, in the kitchen, on the worktops, in the bathroom. From what we were told by staff that they were having a holiday for a couple of weeks, then all the apartments were being decorated and refurnished during the winter. We met some really nice people who were staying at the same time who had been coming to the apartments for years with no complaints, and that helps make your holiday. Puerto Pollensa itself it wonderful, so relaxing and peaceful, the beaches are spotless and so well cared for. Eating out price wise is about on par with UK.
Eroski supermarket is 5 minutes down the road and sells everything you may need. On the whole we thoroughly enjoyed our holiday, but by the end of two weeks of ants, ants, and more ants, I was glad to be going hame to my ain wee hoose.
Not bad for a budget holiday considering the price of apartments in Puerto Pollensa itself.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fully equiped one and two rooms apartments with pool view. Big gardens area with lakes, pools, solarium and kids zone with club. Full service restaurant with daily menu and bar. Cleaning service included. Reception 24 hrs with all services. Free wifi. AACC included in all rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Evoline ltd so you can book your Apartments Habitat reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Apartments Habitat Hotel Port De Pollenca
- Apartments Habitat Pollenca
- Apartments Habitat Hotel Pollenca
- Habitat Apartments
- Apartments Habitat Majorca/Port De Pollenca