Formentor, a Royal Hideaway Hotel
Hoposa Daina Hotel(Port de Pollenca)(Great Value!)
US$163
US$154
  • Breakfast included
Hoposa Uyal Hotel(Port de Pollenca)(Great Value!)
US$172
US$165
FERGUS Style Pollensa Park SPA(Port de Pollenca)(Great Value!)
US$175
US$168
  • Pool
Hotel Illa d'Or(Port de Pollenca)
US$358
US$321
  • Breakfast included
Hobby Club Apartments(Port de Pollenca)(Great Value!)
US$237
US$224
  • Pool
Hotel Romantic(Port de Pollenca)(Great Value!)
US$206
US$192
  • Beachfront
  • Restaurant
Puerto Azul Suite Hotel(Port de Pollenca)(Great Value!)
US$1,164
US$187
  • Pool
Hoposa Hotel & Apartments Villaconcha(Port de Pollenca)(Great Value!)
US$107
US$96
Aparthotel Club del Sol Resort & SPA(Port de Pollenca)(Great Value!)
US$212
  • Pool
Sis Pins(Port de Pollenca)
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Beachfront
All reviewspi restaurantextensive gardensstunning hotelbeach barpine treesprivate beachbreakfast buffet isamazing locationrelaxing staymain restaurantsea viewhire carhotel gueststennis courtsyear after yearhalf boardbarcelo
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Though some refurbishments might be needed, it is still one of the best hotels I have ever been to. The hotel has: a perfect location, impeccable staff, awesome views, tremendous garden - well kept, delicious food. And also an awesome price for it. If you are prepared to spend a small fortune (a price of a middle-size car) for a 2-weeks' stay - you should book a sea-view with terrace. then you get a view one can die for. One needs a car there as the hotel is rather difficult to reach. that makes it even more exclusive. We booked only B&B as dining in the hotel it extremely expensive, hoping that we would go/drive to the nearest town.Turned out the nearest town is Port de Pollenca and it's 10km away. But the route!!!! It takes you more than half an hour to get there and you need good driving skills and nerves for it. It is a zigzag mountain road which is in some places so narrow that even two economy cars (we rented a BMW1) have difficulties to squeeze through. Unfortunately, the road is widely used by huge tourist buses taking tourists to Formentor Cap. Then it's a challenge to back off not sliding down the rocks! But nevertheless, it's worth it. Check the history of the hotel -also interesting.

Room Tip: Book a sea-view with terrace - it's very costly but worth it. We had a huge terrace with two wooden sunbeds, two huge armchairs and a table.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Alexis W
Reviewed 15 July 2014

From arrival to departure, you have to do nothing more than relax in beautiful, peaceful surroundings. All your needs are taken care of by the wonderful staff. Lovely to think of previous, famous residents enjoying the same experience.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Barceló Hotels & Resorts
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Beautiful hotel, set in wonderful grounds.Good under-crowded swimming pools .Superb food and friendly staff.

We stayed in the room next to the one where Winston Churchill stayed-you could still smell the cigars and brandy!! So there is a great sense of history, with a number of other celebrities passing through over the years.

The only negative was that there was only BBC World News channel on the TV. The Germans and Russians were much better served..

So if you're not looking for a rave and want to chill. This is the place for you. But be prepared to pay between between £3-4k per week for the flight and hotel half-board package.

It obviously works though because people return year after year and are greeted as old friends by the staff.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Barceló Hotels & Resorts
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

There are a few hotels in the world that define luxury and privledge this is one of them.

It isn't a meticulous glass tower with bathrooms having 6 shower heads and a whirlpool tub but it is even better - with it's old but well cared for rooms. It was built in the 1920's and it has an incredible history.

I would say it's the Spanish equivalent of Villa D'Este in Lake Como Italy. The beach is beautiful as is the scenery.

The staff (except for one) are absolutely incredible. They all smile and can not do enough to help.

Food is excellent in all the restaurants and we thought the prices very fair especially in the top end Gastronomy restaurant.

The only negative we experienced was in the hotels main restaurant. We had a superb meal which I was very pleasantly surprised about as this restaurant also serves a buffet at night which people seemed to really enjoy.

I had asked previously about dress codes at the restaurants because I only had one pair of long pants with me due to a schedule change on a prior connected holiday. I was told long pants were only required in the gastronomy restaurant which made sense since this is the top end restaurant at the Hotel.

By the way the food at the Gastronomy restaurant is incredible !!!!

Back to my one negative experience at the Hotel. After finishing a super meal of lobster appetizers, Iberian Pork and. Cheese board with a superb Mallorcan wine we paid the bill and got ready to leave. All the staff had been amazing. As we were leaving the floor manager (only one in a tuxedo) came over. I assumed this was to ask about the meal. But no - his only words were. "If you want to come back wear long pants!!!!!!!"

I was shocked obviously I had been informed incorrectly as to the different restaurants dress codes. I have no problem following the rules and I respect the fact that they do not allow long pants. But the complete rudeness of this gentleman absolutely floored me - how one person can destroy the hard work and dedication of hundreds was instantly clear. All he had to do was ask how was the meal and politely point out my faux pas and I would have had no issue.

I truly hope the management of the Hotel will look into this gentleman's rude behaviour and fix the only issue I found at an incredible hotel.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank DoingWell67
Reviewed 9 July 2014

We were aware of some bad reviews about the service and rooms but can't say we experienced anything bad and have nothing but good things to say (apart from the prices maybe!)

The setting is gorgeous just back from the beach. I see there are a few bad reviews about "sea view" we were on the other side but from what I can see, once upon a time they may have been sea views but the trees infront of the hotel are mature now which block the view.

The beach is very busy, we were under the impression there was a hotel guests only area but this didn't seem to be the case. However the closer to the hotel the quieter it is, the bus trips focus on the areas surrounding the other beach front restaurants further along from the hotel (but are still part of the hotel). We spent most of our time by the pool which was lovely, plenty of space there although I don't think the hotel was that busy when we stayed.

The food was good, we ate at the buffet the first night which for a buffet was excellent, service could have been a bit better if I am being hyper critical. Ate at the Al a carte (think its called El Pi) restaurant the second night and it was brilliant, service was fantastic.

Only criticism is the prices for food and drink. It is to be expected as it is a 5* hotel and there is nothing for a few miles around and they fully capitalise on this, but you do get what you pay for in my opinion.

P.s. beds are amazingly comfortable!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple