“High quality service - quiet and restful”
Review of Hotel Illa d'Or

Hotel Illa d'Or
Ranked #3 of 28 Hotels in Port de Pollenca
Reviewed 23 June 2012

We have been to the resort before and always said we would stay at this hotel because it looked just right. Situated at the Formentor end of the resort where there seem to be privately owned apartments nearby. The hotel is quiet. Some family groups. Mostly English,quite a lot of the guests were older. Reception rooms were excellent. Restaurant service was quick and friendly. Choice of food was excellent and so was the quality. One night the Chef was brought round the tables to meet us all! We found reception efficient and friendly. The hotel is a 20 minute stroll from the town centre and the Marina. The main sandy beaches were about 5 minutes further. There was a sandy beach and hotel lido straight outside.
We will certainly go back. Another good sign was that it was clear other people were regulars and were remembered by the hotel staff.

Room Tip: Ask for a refurbished room. Rooms at the back of the hotel do not have a particularly good view as...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,175)

Reviewed 22 June 2012

We needed a rest. Work conditions have meant that i had had little sleep and 60+ hours a week in the office. So this trip was designed to de-fray the nerves and introduce a calming element to my karma. It did both. A very warm and professional welcome, was followed by a stunning sea view room and we were left to our own devices. I took my watch off, went to the little bar on the jetty, 50 meters away,and ordered a gin and tonic... what followed was 5 great days in this hotel. Clean, quiet, wonderful breakfast and excellent position, kind people at reception, old style service - a10 minute amble to the bars and restaurants of Puerto Pollensa - which were clearly visible along the Pine walk - but no noise could be heard. I stayed in our little corner of serenity and observed the view. . .and got 10 hours sleep a night - undisturbed. i was at peace for the first time in weeks. Go and stay - you'll probably see me there.

Room Tip: Get a sea view on 3 or 4th floor.
3  Thank SwissAl
Reviewed 21 June 2012

We went to Mellorca earlier this June and we stayed in this hotel it is a lovely hotel and you are right on the sea front. They have a bar outside and you walk staright onto the pine walk and about 30 minute walk you will get into the town of Port de Pollenca were there are some nice shops and a beach that is very popular. The pool at the hotel isn'tvery big but it is still a nice place to relax. The hotel attacts all ages and you will see that when you are there.

Room Tip: make sure you ask for a roomon the first or second floor with a balcony.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Angusbabe
Reviewed 21 June 2012

This was our first visit to Mallorca and hopefully it won’t be out last. The first impression of the hotel was wonderful; you look straight through to the sea, what a picture. All the lounges and public areas are very well furnished and are kept spotless. The warm welcome by the staff on reception continued to all the staff and you are made to feel like a friend of the family. Meal-times were no disappointment either, a good choice of menu and dietary needs are catered for. “Gin and Tonic Corner” is a lovely place both for a drink and a light lunch, again the view round the bay is beautiful. The bedrooms are being refurnished with light colours and wooden floors. Our balcony was adequate with a side sea view and sunshine for most of the morning.

All together a lovely hotel and well worth a visit.

Room Tip: 327 is a single with a balcony, only 3 in total.
1  Thank SusanYork_UK
Reviewed 13 June 2012

Pontoons that stretch in to sparkling waters, creamy sand and handsome trees welcomed my family and I to Illa D'or.
I haven't written a review for 2 years but this hotel and its staff made such a positive impression on me and my family and wrapped us in, what felt like genuine kindness for 5 days, I wanted to return the gift and be kind back.
I stayed at Illa D'or with my two teenage children and my parents; a holiday intended mainly to help my Father gain such much needed rest, I was unsure of how we would all get what we needed. Illa D'or came to the rescue! My children enjoyed the release of pressure from worrying about whether they were cool enough or being watched, I revelled in the magic of the location, and my parents seemed the calmest and happiest they have been in years.
The food and service was faultless and traditional touches such as bed turning and bath robes all made us feel looked after. Each evening a delightful lady left us a card in our room telling us of the expected following day's sunshine and heat with chocolates to keep the dementors at bay!
I enjoyed watching my kids truly relax, read, swim in warm waters, snorkel, play cards, draw pictures under sun shades, indulge in 3 course breakfasts and pass through the rights of passage of evening meal etiquette. We dressed for dinner and the hotel dressed back in return. The presentation and quality of food was exemplary and the staff were friendly, humourous, polite and inspiring. My son (16) was completely in awe of a "demon" waiter who brought flair, dignity and sophistication to a difficult and relentless task of pleasing all of us delighting in late afternoon gin & tonics!
I could wax lyrical for ages, but here are some practical tips! Be careful to check your room. Some sea view rooms don't have balconies. Ours was brilliant, overlooked the pool and had a sea view - lucky lucky! We booked through Thompson and there was no benefit to that - they didn't organise a transfer and we ended up booking a car that wasn't really necessary, but glad we had it as we visited the amazing Formentor twice in 5 days. (Another big bonus to this hotel - it's proximity to this magical part of Mallorca!). Parking the hire car was eaxy - loads of space around the hotel.
All inclusive junkies - beware! You can forget how much all those lemonades and beers add up to when you pay your bill at the end of the holiday. However, breakfast and dinner were so generous that lunch was only ever a snack and we didn't feel deprived of goodies at all.
If you like fishing (I do!) - take a small rod! Don't bother with lures - just take some small hooks and a float. If you can't be bothered, you can buy cheapy rods in the local supermarkets that do the job brilliantly! I caught bream and mullet from the pontoon outside the hotel - thrilling!
You will need long trousers for dinner Men, but my 16 year old Son and my Dad, who both live in shorts, felt the effort was worth it!
This hotel has to be located on the most beautiful, romantic, unspoilt, calm, inspiring and sparkling part of Mallorca. Holidays and hard earned and we felt that this was worth every single penny!

Room Tip: Make sure your sea view room if you request it has a balcony.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank DenaDevon
IlladorMallorca, Director Comercial at Hotel Illa d'Or, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your review, we really appreciate your kind words and we look forward to welcoming you and your family in the Illa d´or soon again. Best regards and thanks again.

Reviewed 10 June 2012

Hotel is second to none! Great beachfront location and spectacular views.
Rooms adequate, cannot fault staff and general service.
Just feel its not a great choice for families, more suited to couples or singles.
If you stay here feed the fish by the beach bar, they love wotsits or similar ;)
WONDERFUL place just not for kids!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank Derek G
Reviewed 8 June 2012

We returned to Pollenca after 23 years to stay for our first time at this truly delightful hotel. The Illa d'or has a wow factor missing from almost everywhere we have been before. From the moment we arrived until our reluctant leaving 10 days later we were treated to superb surroundings, excellent food, friendly, efficient staff, wonderful views - in fact, everything you could wish for.Our room on the second floor 230 was spacious if a little dark and we would have liked a sea view, but that aside, we were very contented. I was taken ill during my stay with a violent virus and the staff demonstrated real concern and did everything possible to help me recover more quickly.We had a really memorable stay and we certainly intend to return hopefully next year to sample more delights. Next time a sea view please.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple