“Love this hotel”
Review of Hoposa Uyal Hotel

Hoposa Uyal Hotel
Ranked #6 of 28 Hotels in Port de Pollenca
Reviewed 13 February 2012

My wife and I have stayed at this hotel many times now. It's no modern, shining, minimalist hotel but it does have character and is very good value for money when booked via their own web site. Most rooms have a view looking over the beach and bay across the road. The original hotel building is quiet old and could do with some investment on freshening up but cleanliness is good, food good and staff friendly.
If you want a modern room, ask for a room in their new section adjacent to original building and only 50 metres walk to all hotel amenities.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Bill L
Write a ReviewReviews (1,253)

996 - 1,002 of 1,253 reviews

Reviewed 5 January 2012

I was travelling with my mum and we had requested two single rooms which where absolutely awful. They had no balcony and were dark with shuttered windows. In my mums room she had ants at one point, although they were dealt with quickly by housekeeping. Although the restuarant buffet was quite good, the outdoor area was a little tiny for the size of the hotel. The quality of the rooms totally spoiled this holiday for us and we will never return to this hotel as a result. It was also noisy at times at the back of the hotel due to the music coming from other hotels in the area. If you are travelling alone or need a single room I would book with care for this hotel.

Room Tip: Be very careful if you have a single room in your party.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
6  Thank Alison C
Reviewed 11 December 2011

I've read with much interest all the reviews for the Hotel Uyal. We stayed here in April 2011 for ten nights and were allocated the dreaded room at the back. The price we paid for our holiday was very reasonable and we certainly had nothing to complain about! On arrival, the reception was quiet and we checked in with no problem. The hotel is old spanish with a lovely feel to it, comfortable reception rooms, sitting areas and dining room. Our room at the back was absolutely fine, clean with everything we needed. The back looked out over the mountains and nature reserve of Peurto Pollensa, being at the back didn't worry us as we had no intention of spending hours in our room, Peurto Pollensa is too appealing for that. We have been to Peurto Pollensa many times and never fail to enjoy exploring. The food at the Uyal is fantastic, plenty of choice, beautifully presented both at breakfast and dinner. There is something old fashioned and charming about having the same table every night, the fact that ours overlooked the sea was a bonus.the outside area is pleasant with a pool area, sunbathing terraces and eating area. If you want a bustling, busy, noisy, brash hotel this is not for you. but if you want quiet, charming, friendly, fabulous sea views and location with a Spanish atmosphere then try the hotel Uyal. We can recommend it and are returning in April 2012 and hope the planned refurbishment just adds to the pleasure.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
9  Thank Janey42
Reviewed 10 November 2011

My mother and I stayed here for one week half board in October 2011. We booked through Jet2. Our room was dreadful. It was dark with small shuttered windows and a view over the hotel roof and service entrances. We complained immediately to reception but got nowhere. The next day after speaking to other residents at the pool we realised we had paid significantly higher than them for a less substantial room. I asked again for another room and this time by paying an extra £70 we got a lovely sea facing with balcony room in the annexe. It was lovely. Overall our stay from then on was very good. The food is good and is 3star quality I would say. The waiters are all gentlemen and very professional. I believe the hotel is to be refurbished now to 4 star and this will make Hotel Uyal a place I will return provided we get a good room!

• Stayed: October 2011
7  Thank ChicaLunes
Reviewed 1 November 2011

Returned yesterday from a week at this very good hotel.

Reading one or two of the negative remarks interspersed among the comments below prior to our holiday had made us slightly apprehensive about the place.

We need not have been concerned; the whole experience of staying at the hotel can only be described as excellent. The staff were very helpful in all departments - we were able to get into our room having arrived (very tired) from a fairly early flight and rest up which gave a good start to the holiday. The food was as good as at any hotel I can remember and although the rooms are perhaps a little on the "tired" side (first time we've used keys that weren't plastic for some years!) the servicing room was prompt and efficient.
Lovely sea view (worth a few bob extra) and very kind late October weather added to the high quality of the hotel made for a very pleasant week.

Will stay at this hotel again and have no hesitation in recommending to anyone who may be thinking of staying there.

Room Tip: Small quibble - beyond the control of the hotel of course - I'm a light sleeper and traffic on t...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Occholidaymaker
Reviewed 29 October 2011

we stayed here with family for my parents anniversary (three siblings, a partner, a baby, and mum and dad!!). My parents have stayed in the hotel many times and they love it! for good reason. The staff are lovely, so so welcoming and helpful. They were so lovely with my baby; she had her own place set at dinner everynight (highchair set with baby plate, cutlery and a napkin!) even though he was often asleep! The food was lovely, a buffet style which was fab to choose a little of everything! The desserts were so good! Breakfasts were probably our favourite, huge and varied selection of cereals, fruit, pastries, bread, hot breakfasts - the lady who cooked the eggs (and I am ashamed I cant remember her name!) was a joy to see in the mornings). The entertainment in evenings was great fun (my daughter (6 months) particularily loved the flamenco dancers who held her for a dance!). Cocktails were fantastic! Try a mojito; better than most I have had! Christina on reception was partilcularly lovely. Always smiling and happy. Old fashioned interior (dark wood staircases etc - but lovely and cool) views were fab, from my room partially obscured by palm trees (wow!!) but I still saw the seaplane picking up water several times! Parents view from balcony straight over beach!! The location couldnt be better, directly accross from the beach, perfect with a baby to head back when its too hot or you've forgotton something!

liffts to the rooms. rooms cleaned everyday, towels replaced if wanted. airconditioning and lots of lamps around room! complimentary bath products smelt beautifuil
All 7 of our party want to return as soon as possible!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
7  Thank Debbie T
Reviewed 26 October 2011

We had a week at the Uyal Hotel and it was faultless. We had half-board, the food selection and quality was excellent for both breakfast and dinner. The staff were all friendly and helpful. Our room was one of the junior suites and the sea view was wonderful. The hotel had quite a labyrinth of lounges and seating areas and all those areas had free wi-fi too. If I had a criticism it would be that noise carried between rooms, voices, TV etc. The location is at the quieter end of town but it’s only a 15 minute walk along the sea front to the port and town centre. I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: choose a Junior Suite
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple