My wife and I have just returned from a 10 day stay at the Daina. We found it to be a comfortable hotel with friendly and helpful staff. My wife visited this hotel in 1969 and although it has obviously been through many facelifts since then it still shows a few signs of it's age. For example the air conditioning broke down twice whilst we were there and experienced visitors said that this was a pretty regular occurrence. Most of the windows are modern, but there are still some of the old metal windows around. Our side sea-view room was large, comfortable and spotless, with all the amenities one could wish for ( tea and coffee making facilities, fridge, free safe, iron etc,etc, even bath robes) and had a wonderful view from the balcony. Generally the hotel is well decorated and clean (if a little dated in places) but small details mar the overall effect - for instance, in our bathroom the shower fitting, the bath grab rail and towel hooks were all loose. Despite that visitors say that the hotel has improved vastly over the last few years, and many have returned time and time again. You could not wish for a more convenient spot if you are wanting the centre of Porta Pollenca's seafront. Meals are buffet type but for a hotel of this sort the food is plentiful, of a very good quality and offers a wide selection for all tastes. The pool and it's surroundings are beautiful, but demand for shaded sunbeds far outstrips supply during good weather. With just a few tweaks to minor details and the vigilance to make sure standards never slip this hotel could be the best in the area. We would certainly return - just as many other satisfied customers have.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Daina is the company's flagship establishment, and was the first hotel to be opened. It was built in 1963 and refurbished last year to become a four star hotel. The beautiful surrounding area can be fully enjoyed from any of its seven floors overlooking the bay. The incredible saltwater swimming pool with solarium opposite the hotel is set right into the sea and has been a landmark of Puerto de Pollensa since the 70s; this is one of the resort’s most spectacular sights, both during the day and at sunset. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Expedia, Booking.com, Alpha Holidays Limited, LoveHolidays, Ebookers, Hotels.com, LateRooms, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hoposa Daina Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Daina Hotel Port De Pollenca
- Hoposa Daina Hotel Majorca/Port De Pollenca