We have recently returned from our second visit to the Daina hotel and once again had a superb stay. Last year we stayed in the hotel, however this year, due to a lack of availability, we stayed in the apartments a 30 second stroll from the main hotel. We had an equally good stay in the apartments; the benefits being larger rooms and a kitchen, the only disadvantage being a lack of sea views.
The hotel is ideally situated amidst the many lovely restaurants along the beachfront and is also conveniently located a few minutes walk from both the bus stop (which we used for a visit to Palma) and the ferry port (which we used for a visit to Formentor).
We chose the half board option, which is very reasonably priced, and offers a great deal of variety - both at breakfast and for dinner. Although the food is very good, the highlight is definitely the location as the terrace area of the restaurant provides stunning views.
The staff at the hotel are excellent; the maitre d' could not be more accommodating. The receptionist would always greet us on arrival and had no problems providing courtesy rooms for us on our last day. Waiters in the restaurant and cafe (on the promenade) are extremely professional but also very friendly.
I travelled with my mum and found Port de Pollensa and the Daina a perfect location for a holiday of this type - the hotel and local area has a family vibe in which we always feel totally at ease. I would thoroughly recommend this hotel and location, we'll certainly head back soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Daina is the company's flagship establishment, and was the first hotel to be opened. It was built in 1963 and refurbished last year to become a four star hotel. The beautiful surrounding area can be fully enjoyed from any of its seven floors overlooking the bay. The incredible saltwater swimming pool with solarium opposite the hotel is set right into the sea and has been a landmark of Puerto de Pollensa since the 70s; this is one of the resort’s most spectacular sights, both during the day and at sunset. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Jet2Holidays , Hotels.com, Expedia, LoveHolidays, TravelUp, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HRS, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Hoposa Daina Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Daina Hotel Port De Pollenca
- Hoposa Daina Hotel Majorca/Port De Pollenca