We stayed at the Daina for one week and we had a really enjoyable holiday there. We booked this hotel based solely on the reviews here. Keep in mind that this is a 4 star hotel.
The words “fabulous” and “wonderful” have been used in some reviews and in my opinion are a bit over the top. It’s a nice hotel, yes the staff are friendly but you expect that. We stayed in room 409 with a side sea view. It is a very small room, my knees almost touching the wall when I sat on the bed. Our bedroom door squeaked loudly every time we came and went. The lifts are tiny, and as our room was directly opposite, there was an issue with noise some nights.
But all in all, these are small things because where the Daina really scores is its great location right smack in the centre of this lovely resort. Beach is right in front of the hotel. Restaurants, bars, cash machines just a minutes’ walk away. The swimming pool is right across from the hotel, and while there are notices everywhere saying it is forbidden to reserve sunbeds, the reality is that a queue forms at about 8:30, the pool opens at 9am and all beds are gone by 9:10!! If you can’t beat ‘em join ‘em so I sent herself down every morning to join the queue, the beds were really comfortable.
I suppose the real test of any hotel is would we return again???
The answer is a most definite yes……………..
But not to the same room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Daina is the company's flagship establishment, and was the first hotel to be opened. It was built in 1963 and refurbished last year to become a four star hotel. The beautiful surrounding area can be fully enjoyed from any of its seven floors overlooking the bay. The incredible saltwater swimming pool with solarium opposite the hotel is set right into the sea and has been a landmark of Puerto de Pollensa since the 70s; this is one of the resort’s most spectacular sights, both during the day and at sunset. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Expedia, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Alpha Holidays Limited, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Hoposa Daina Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Daina Hotel Port De Pollenca
- Hoposa Daina Hotel Majorca/Port De Pollenca