Just returned from a seven day holiday at the Hotel Daina (which re originally sourced via TripAdvisor). Quality and location were top of our requirements and the hotel exceeded our expectations on both levels.
We (two adults and a child) had a sea-view room on the third floor (303) which was high enough to clear the lovely pine trees, thus giving us an amazing harbour view. The room was of good size and had the benefit of a fridge and kettle which are always useful. Beds were comfy, air conditioning quiet yet effective and our bathroom was of a great size, complete with two sinks!
We stayed on a bed and breakfast basis and found the breakfast buffet wonderful. Always fresh, lots of variety and always plenty of place to accommodate all fellow diners.
We used the pool daily and reluctantly, did take part in the queuing for pool area to open to obtain sun loungers. We would have preferred not to, but were left with no choice - if you can't beat 'em, join 'em! We did not however, ever leave them for long periods of time but did witness this happening too. Also, we would agree with Mikepioli's comment, that there were definitely non-hotel guests around the pool area on some days. Maybe hotel guests should be given a swipe card to enter/exit pool area or asked to produce a room card?
The location of the Daina cannot be beaten, each evening we would sample a different restaurant, all within a short pleasant walk. The hotel has two bar areas, one directly on the Pine Walk which was great for people watching and the second, (to the rear of the pool area) called The Lemon Bar. The Lemon Bar was where we would end most of our evenings, most nights there was live music and a special mention must be given to the lovely waitress, Julia, who after hearing our names once, remembered them thereafter! Final special mention goes to the Bartenders for making the nicest Strawberry Mojitos we have ever tasted!
All the staff including Reception, in the Restaurant and cleaning staff could not have been more friendlier or welcoming which to me, makes a difference between a good hotel and a great hotel! Thank you Team Daina and to anyone who's thinking about booking, like I was at the beginning of this year, don't hesitate!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Daina is the company's flagship establishment, and was the first hotel to be opened. It was built in 1963 and refurbished last year to become a four star hotel. The beautiful surrounding area can be fully enjoyed from any of its seven floors overlooking the bay. The incredible saltwater swimming pool with solarium opposite the hotel is set right into the sea and has been a landmark of Puerto de Pollensa since the 70s; this is one of the resort’s most spectacular sights, both during the day and at sunset. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Expedia, TravelUp, Ebookers, LoveHolidays, Agoda, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK) and Odigeo so you can book your Hoposa Daina Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Daina Hotel Port De Pollenca
- Hoposa Daina Hotel Majorca/Port De Pollenca