FERGUS Style Pollensa Park SPA
Aparthotel Galeon Suites(Port de Pollenca)(Great Value!)
US$163
Hotels.com
US$309
Hoposa Daina Hotel(Port de Pollenca)
US$241
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Panorama(Port de Pollenca)
US$76
  • Pool
Hotel Illa d'Or(Port de Pollenca)(Great Value!)
US$233
US$121
  • Breakfast included
Romantic Hotel(Port de Pollenca)(Great Value!)
US$154
US$118
  • Restaurant
Sis Pins(Port de Pollenca)(Great Value!)
US$129
  • Beachfront
Hotel Miramar(Port de Pollenca)
US$155
  • Beachfront
Apartments Habitat(Port de Pollenca)(Great Value!)
US$72
HotelsClick
Mar Calma Hotel(Port de Pollenca)
TripAdvisor
2,364 results
All reviewspool baranimation teamlarge hotelpalms barevening entertainmentbar staffpuerto pollensanext yearcycling holidayall inclusive packageplenty of choiceall inclusive guestsrifle shootinghalf boardall inclusive drinkstex mexgreat holiday
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 June 2012

My wife and i stayed here from 18th of june 2012 for a week for our first honeymoon. We stayed on a half board basis. Normally we will go self catering in greece but the 2 hour flight from bristol and price!!! seemed a no brainer.On arrival at midnight we were directed to the dining room for a meal that had been prepared and left for us , fantastic this was the start of better things to come. Our room was clean tidy a little dated but all worked a/c was great 3 speeds kept the room lovely. All rooms will have a sea view half looking into pp and half away from pp. The balcony was ok we were on the 8th floor great views day and night. Our maid cleaned every day sheets changed once beds always made up rubbish removed .TV BBC1 SKY NEWS . The food was superb we will pay around 40/70 euros in greece for food just as good, this was always better .The choices were excellent if you couldn't find something you liked then all i can say is you must be really fussy!!! i loved the breakfast and also the evening meals.The hotel is know gone into the all inclusive market bar was a bit busy during the evening meal but no real dramas .
Pool is busy we used only once as we like the beach , plenty of sun beds but the same problem as all hotels towels are put out early !!! can't beat them join them i say.All staff were friendly , we saw a bit of the evening entertainment which was ok join in have a laugh or go to the cheesy bar just opposite the hotel for tribute singers , we went into town most mornings and night a pleasant 15 min stroll along the promenade, much needed after a great evening meal . Overall if you want a clean good value hotel with excellent food and clean rooms stay here .Last thing i really liked they catered really well for disabled travellers ramps and pool lifts and stuff well done PP.

10  Thank brinners68
Reviewed 27 June 2012

I have just returned from a weeks stay at the Porto Pollensa with my Boyfriend and we had a lovely time, I was a bit worried after reading some reviews on here but we did not have the experiences that others seemed to have so I thought I would try and give you as balanced view as possible:

Firstly on arrival at 11am we were told the room was not ready until 1pm but for us that was fine, we put our luggage in the luggage room and went for a walk to the beach and along the small pier, why start the holiday off moaning right?

Room:
The room was nice, there was adequate space including drawer and wardrobe space, we had two twin beds pushed together which was abit annoying but nethertheless it was fine, the bathroom had a bath and powerful shower in and was a decent size. We had a balcony that faced the mountain and the shops rather than the beach and I would agree with all those reviews that state it is noisy; there is a nice English bar across the street called Palms (we did go there to watch the footie) but they have evening shows that can go on until 11.30pm/midnight. This didnt usually affect us but on a couple of early nights it was annoying.
If you can get a view over the pool on the other side of the hotel I have spoken to other guests and it is quieter, this may be better especially if you have children.

The rooms were cleaned everyday and the maids changed the towels when we put them in the bath, they were friendly always said hi when we saw them in the corridor, cannot fault them at all! You can also hire a safe in the room which was 17EUR for the week but you get 3 back when you return the key, I would recommend doing this, we always get a safe on holiday.

Food and drink:
We stayed all inclusive because it was not much more expensive than half board when we booked. The all-inclusive gives you free wine and beer as well as local spirits or the equivalent (e.g. you can get a vodka or whisky but it wont be smirnoff or jack daniels). You can also get teas, coffees ice-cream and fruit juices/soft drinks. The selection was very good and the bar staff were always very friendly towards us, one even recommended a beautiful quiet beach nearby (called Formentor), sometimes there was a queue for drinks but it never bothered me particularly.

Breakfast was very good they always had a cooked breakfast available as well as cereals, toast with lots of different types of bread, fresh fruit, yoghurt, dried fruit and museli, as well as continental cakes, croissants and cheese and meat.

Lunch and dinner: There was a lot of choice for guests and the food according to my boyfriend was generally nice, there was always extensive salads, soup, pasta, cold starters and hot main food (yes even the chips sometimes for you chip lovers) plently of choice of meat and fish as well as veg. I am a vegetarian and I would say this restricted my eating a bit, however the chef always pointed out the food without meat happily to me as i arrived and offered to cook me something else if I was not happy however I ended up eating lots of salad and pasta, still it was good. Desserts were always plentiful and varied with cakes, icecream, mousse and various other things. Many people we spoke to wished they had gone all inclusive as they thought it would have worked out cheaper than eating out all the time, which you might want to consider if you are a larger group with children.

Pool area:
There is a large pool which is usually lifeguarded (although their safety rules are different to here), I would recommend that you go in the pool with small children (this might seem common sense but you would be surprised at what we saw and being a lifeguard myself it only takes a second...) however the pool was enjoyable and very quiet for the most part, although it did get busier towards the end of our stay as I think the Spanish children had finished school for the summer. There is also a small childrens pool, the water was clear and clean in both. Sunbeds were not too much of an issue as we always managed to find one, usually in the spot we wanted by the pool. There is that sunbed hogging culture here, and sad to say it is us Brits that are the worst culprits here and sadly it is self-perpetuating; if you want a good sunbed you have to reserve it before breakfast.

Entertainment:
The entertainment team were always friendly and helpful and they put on different activities during the day for both younger kids (in the mini club) and older ones (e.g. pistol shooting, archery), this was enjoyed by many. The evening entertainment was a bit butlins-y. There was always a mini-disco for smaller ones, which they all enjoyed but for a young couple was tedious and there was not really any entertainment worth watching while we were there so we tended to go for drinks in bars in the main port. The bars are quite reasonable for drinks prices, my boyfriend got a large bottle of magners for 3.75 EUR in the Port which isnt cheap but not extortionate either, and cocktails in places could be as cheap as 4 or 5 EUR.

We didn't use the spa facilities so I cant comment on that but you do apparently have to wear a swimcap and hire their towels.

Okay so that is my review of the hotel, I thought I would add a bit more information about the area:
We hired a car to the Dragon Caves in Porto Cristo, well worth a look, they are 1.4km of cave formations and very beautiful, it is 12 EUR each to get in for adults but like 40 EUR each to go with the reps, if you are a larger group it might work out cheaper to hire a car and take yourself down there, the roads are good and the drive was fine. You can then go and spend the afternoon in Porto Cristo, which is beautiful and has a lovely sandy cove.

We also did a 2 hour horse ride down to the beach and along the beach with Rancho Grande, this was really good and I thought good value 40EUR for 2 hours horseriding and they pick you up from your hotel, the staff there were very friendly and we had a really enjoyable time. I understand they also do kids trips and days which looked good for smaller children.

Porto Pollensa beach is lovely and sandy (only a less than 5 min walk from the hotel) and the water is teeming with fish, I would recommend taking a snorkel and mask and swimming round the wavebreakers like we did, you will see so many fish!

It is a 15 minute walk into the main area of Porto Pollensa where you can get buses/taxis etc and where there are lots of restaurants and shops. If you prefer you can get a bus into nearby Alcudia from near the hotel for 1.5 EUR each way, there is a market on sundays and tuesdays selling the usual holiday market stuff; leather bags, tourist junk, clothes, shoes, and knock offs, but they also had some fresh local food there and a few other interesting stalls. Alcudia is bigger than Porto Pollensa so might be better if you wanted to go shopping.

Room Tip: Get a room with a pool/sea view as these are much quieter.
11  Thank beachbunny8842
Reviewed 25 June 2012

I went to this hotel 3 years ago with my mum and aunty and absolutely loved it. Being a wheelchair user the hotel was accessible and the resort flat making it ideal.

We decided to return this year along with my uncle and have to say we were very disappointed this time.

Although the hotel was pretty much the same and was clean and well kept the introduction of all inclusive this year has meant that the quality of the food and entertainment has gone down. We stayed half board and the breakfast was ok but the evening meal was not good and we filled up mostly on puddings. There were less staff who were very busy and some of them quite rude. On the first night we were overcharged for drinks and on the second night we did not get served any drinks at all. After we complained to reception the service did improve.

There was one very friendly waiter in the bar who was very helpful and the reception staff were friendly but they were in the minority.

The entertainment was rubbish and out of 11 nights there were only 2 nights that were worth staying for.

We did not sleep well as there were people in rooms above us who appeared to go to there room to get changed to go out clubbing at around 11.30pm moving furniture and opening and shutting drawers. They then returned at 2.30am and it all started again.

We had originally picked this resort and hotel intending on a quite holiday but now that the hotel offers all inclusive there are lots of children which is not what we wanted.

We did enjoy the holiday but were very disappointed compared to what we had experienced last time. If we decide to go back to Majorca it won't be to this hotel!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Sam L
Reviewed 24 June 2012

Just got back from a week in this hotel booked through Low Cost holidays. So i didn't cost a fortune.We stayed B&B and the breakfast was great value. Loads of choice and buffet style. The room was clean and we paid extra for a sea view which was gorgeous. The hotel boasts about the Spa facilities but beware, everyone has to have a swimming hat to use the swimming pool and jacuzzi. The spa was empty. The bar is expensive if you are not full inclusive and the beer comes in those awful small plastic cups, which i loathe. A major problem around the brilliant pool was the Sun bed savers. You've got to get up early to bag a seat and that really is annoying. Something really should be done about that but we prefer the beach which is a 5 minute stroll away and is wonderful. The sun beds and umbrellas are a bit pricey here but it is clean and has to be paid for. Just had a really relaxing break at a good price. As a footnote, our flight was an evening flight and we had to vacate the room by midday. The hotel allows guests to pay 4 euro to use a shower room, which i thought was great value. However another couple vacated another room shortly afterwards moaning that the room was small and should be free. You can't please all the people all the time but we loved it. No hesitaion in returning.

Room Tip: Get a sea view.
5  Thank Baseballzill1
Reviewed 22 June 2012

I believe that this hotel is in the process of being refurbished. It looks very tired. I was there for 7 days half board. The room that I had was was a double (although I booked a single) on level 5 with a wonderful view of the sea with the mountains in the background and a big balcony. However, the bathroom smelt peculiar and the hot tap on the bidet was constantly running just a tiny bit and despite telling them about it, it wasn't fixed, thus wasting water. The tops of the bidet taps came off in my hand and when I ran the water black stuff came out and the water was brown at first so clearly it hadn't been used for some time. The food was very good value for money and plenty of variety although the steak and chops were as tough as old boots the spare ribs, the fish and the Mallorcan stew were excellent. I didn't try the chicken. The dining room staff were clearly overworked as were the bar staff who were given the leftover from the buffet dinner to eat for their meal. I thought that was terrible! The pool was excellent but the area at the back where the archery and tennis courts are situated needs attention. The entertainment was awful - I didn't stay in once! The whole layout of the lounge needs to be reconsidered and they could do with a bigger television. One of the lifts was not stopping flush to the floor and a guy in a wheelchair who was in the lift at the same time as me nearly tipped backwards getting out. He reported it. Two days later it was still the same.
I would not go back to the hotel myself but would rather go to the Hotel Romantica which belongs to the same company. It is directly opposite the beach and one can use the facilities of the Pollensa Park i.e. the pool etc and the spa.

Room Tip: Make sure that the room has a card locking system. I believe that means that it has been refurbished lately. Those with normal keys need refurbishing
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo