“the park”

FERGUS Style Pollensa Park SPA
Ranked #14 of 28 Hotels in Port de Pollenca
Reviewed 17 September 2012

just returned from pollensa read the reviews of the hotel a bit mixed .so hears mine if you wear rose tinted glasses look away . the staff, with exception of one small guy glasses forget his name we will call him misery,were brilliant if you are polite and freindly so are they nothing was to much.its a 9.facilities there was plenty its a 9.plenty off food on offer the bread was the best not seen as many choices its a 9, the grounds / pool you can get lost in them choose were you like sun shade pool fantastic its a10, the rooms the one we were in 540 had a sea view, it was ok its a 8 but other rooms supposedly were more up to date ,[ doing it up a bit at a time] we were all inclusive the likes of pop ,ice cream help yourself even there own brands of booze were ok
the staff work hard to cater for the masses didnt hear any one mone about the place
the hotel is 40 yrs old ?biggest in polencia if you are a snob or think you are one then you will find fault, value for money yes, we will return yes,

3  Thank cannedheatShipley

Reviewed 16 September 2012

We have just returned from a week at the Pollensa Park~~we were very happy with everything , the Staff are absolutely fine , courteous and very helpful. the Hotel itself is spotless, the food on offer is more than adequate, if anyone cannot find anything they like at any meal they must be extemely fussy!>> For an example, B/fast , you have a choice of a full fried b/fast, scrambled eggs, boiled eggs, cereal of all kinds, lots of fresh fruit, cakes, cheese, meats ,4diff kinds of bread, rolls, yogurt, i could go on but i am sure you get the picture, i noticed on one review someone said they had to wait in a queue only to find they were given a plastic glass and they said they had paid full board, i have read a few times about this , we went AI , some people seem to think or have remarked that AI guests don,t pay!! of course we do! When we book the holiday! That is why we pay for AI (everything found) and i personally do not think anyone has the right to think they should be above anyone else, no matter how you pay, full board or AI , you have both paid!~~I did not once drink out of a plastic glass when in the dining room , i just went and got a glass from where they were stacked , this Hotel tries its best to accomodate its guests, and they do a fantastic job>>>>>
We loved it and are going to book for next year,please anyone who is going do not listen to any negative reviews, any review i write is always honest and to the point whether it be good or bad ~ go with an open mind and enjoy yourselves
x

6  Thank Bolero-7
Reviewed 16 September 2012

Stayed there for 2 weeks come home on the 11th Sep we were half board. It also does al inclusive glad I was not. The food was on some nights very bland I eat most things but chips chips and more chips. They had a lovely chicken curry on one night but nothing to go with it no rice and no chips that night only little potatoes. The salads were ok very little cheese just for breakfast cheap and tasteless. The sweet park looked ok but I don't eat sweet I like a cheese board. one man on the desk in the dinning room was so rude his manner was shocking even in the bar he was so rude to the al inclusive guests just giving them disposable cups even if they were inside the hotel. At eleven o clock the al inc finished he would not serve Brits free drinks after eleven but if other natinalitys went he would serve them and not take pay. We sat at the table in the dinning room a waitress come took our order brought the wine end water to the table poured it in the glasses but if you were al incl you had to go to a hatch your wine and water was put in a carafe and little glass tumblers were given and wine glasses were taken away. Reception staff were very miserable. Rooms were very tired looking. I paid for sea view did not get it I was told hotel was full they could not move us unless we paid a supplement the Thomson rep Rebecka was not very helpfull she just put a note under the door and it just said what I have just said that was on our second day never seen her again the hole two weeks we were there. This is the first time I have had to complain about a hotel or a rep. I took photos on my I pad of the mountains from my balcony and not the sea took them to Thomson shop they are taking my complaint up I paid 112 pounds for sea view I didnt get. I spoke to some people that had sea view they were allocated on arrival they never paid. I some people have been a few times but said by going al incl standards have gone down hill and food very poor to what it used to be waiter service in the bar has gone long queues at bar. When I was leaving I handed the safe key in because I hade lost the piece of paper to get my 3 euros back he was so rude I told him I will never be back to his hotel adios.

Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Cabothotels, Gerente at FERGUS Style Pollensa Park SPA, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2012

Dear customer
Thank you for taking a few minutes sharing your opinion with the tripadvisor community while we regret to learn that your stay in our hotel was not as good as you expected.
We will inform our staff about your opinion in order to keep improving in customer service and avoid that future clients leave disappointed with our staff. High level in customer service is essential to our company and we carry out a rigorous control with satisfactory results according to internal customer questionnaires.
Although we respect your opinion, we want to take this opportunity to inform that the all-inclusive service includes a wide and varied buffet at breakfast, lunch and dinner plus bar service until 11 p.m. for all clients .We are completely disagree with the comment on the nationalities. After checking your booking and the room which you stayed in , we regret to hear your comment although we are obliged to confirm that all the sixth floor rooms are sea view.
Despite everything we'd love you to give us a second chance, we would be delighted to welcome you again.
Best Regards.
The Management.

Reviewed 14 September 2012

went fully inclusive in September 2012 excellent food, very helpfull staff, and good entertainment 2mins walk from the sea front, facillities in the hotel were very good the entertain ment was aimed at the whole family, we try and go when the children are back at school, we had a room on the top but one floor but three lifts made life a lot easier

2  Thank oliveoilNorthants
Reviewed 13 September 2012

I have been holidaying at PP for over 23 years. Sometimes twice a year. Throughout that period, I have recommended over 23 different people to the hotel of all age groups. They have all enjoyed their stays at the hotel. I have known Isabelle and previously her father who was Director when I first stayed at PP. On no occasions have I ever received poor or rude behaviour from either her, her father or any other of the hotel staff.

I booked my holiday way back in January for my stay in August through Travel Republic. I thought the booking was straight forward in as much I knew without any notification from change in process from Management that in order to get a pool facing room with balcony, I would need to book a Superior room.

Hope this review is of use to potential holiday makers.

Room Tip: Rooms 822, 722, 622. They have a double balcony. One side overlooks the sea, the other the pool.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank ACM62
Reviewed 13 September 2012

I stayed here from 28th Aug till Sept 8th 2012. I have stayed here before so i knew what to expect. I emailed to make sure i had a high level, pool view as i did not want to overlook the street, lots of palm trees and in the shade.

I found the hotel receptionist (male) not particularly frendly or helpful, they do not seem to notice the check-in queues! The rooms are spacious, if a litttle worn, we had a lovely view of the bay and pool. the beds are hard but we got used to them.

There used to be waitor service in the evening for ordering drinks, now you queue at the bar and get plastic instead of glasses! I think it is because of the hotel going All Inclusive, we were half board and i did not appreciate having to queue in a long line of people and then have plastic to drink out of. We payed full price so they were not cheap.

There is a lot of space to sunbathe which is one of the reasons we stayed there. My partner goes biking so i sunbathed in the garden, too many poeple next to the pool and very close together.

the hotel is very near the beautiful beach, and about 15-20 minutes walk to the Pine walk where all the action is. Lots of people eating out and enoying the atmoshpere. Pollensa Park is in a quiet area, well worth the walk to look at the other hotels, shops etc at Pine walk.

Room Tip: Rooms next to lift are half the size and noisy. Get a high level, pool view. Lots of shade and noi...
2  Thank annkSomerset
Reviewed 13 September 2012

Stayed at the Pollensa Park from Sept. 1st to the 8th 2012. Before going I read mixed reviews about the hotel. However I found the hotel to be very good. We had aroom on the sixth floor which had air conditioning , fridge, television and a large balcony which overlooked the marina and the mountains. The food I found to be top class although maybe not as big a selection as previous hotels but enough to keep me satisified. I had booked half board but after several days uprated to all inclusive for 10 euros per day/person which was excellent value considering I had paid in the region of 20 euros for lunch priot to that. I found the staff to be very attentive and courteous. The entertainment at night was good and if it didn't suit the Palms bar at the back of the hotel had great entertainment on everynight. My only complaint was the lack of bar staff at night - the staff that were on had to serve drinks and make coffee which held things up. I would advise anyone going to take a room on the higher floors as the view from the lower floors is restricted especially at the back of the hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms on higher floors have a better view
1  Thank Tom G