After reading some reviews of this hotel I was a little apprehensive about going but why did I worry?
We stayed on an AI option for 11 nights. First of all our check in was very quick and Bamba and the team helped us. Even though we did request rooms together as we travelled as a party of eight we ended up one on 7th floor, one on 6th floor and two on 4th floor, so emailing them or requesting rooms together doesn't work. However rooms were spacious and spotlessly clean.
The food was breakfast from 7.30am to 10.00am.This consisted of full english breakfast cereals, continental end even porridge. Then at 12.00ish it was snacks from the pool bar which consisted of crisps, nuts and ritz biscuits. The lunch was served from 1.00pm until 3.00pm which was full servery of freshly cooked food as well as soups, salads, children's food bar and ample of bread. Then there is another snack between 4.30 and 6.00 which was again crisps, nuts, ritz biscuits but also sandwiches, sweet biscuits and cake. The evening meal was in two sittings - 6.30pm and then 8.30pm.There was fish and meat (sometimes steak) every night, pasta, salads, paella, chips and even curry It didn't matter what time you was eating there was always plenty of food. Now the food was good upto the first week after that it repeated itself and the desserts tended to dwindle off with fresh fruit and cheese and biscuits most evenings. The restaurant staff were always polite, helpful and efficient.
The drinks were on tap, that is estrella beer, white, red and rose wine and soft drinks, You did have to queue for other drinks that were on the AI option. Make sure you ask for the house cocktail as this was free to AI guest but other cocktails and imported beers and spirits were payable even by AI guests, Water was free to all AI guests only.
The entertainment was OK and the animation team did a great job entertaining the kids and those who wanted to join in. The activities were darts, archery, rifle shooting, football, basketball, boules, water polo, water aerobics and zumba. All winners received a certificate at night during the evening entertainment.
The swimming pool is very nice and clean and the sun beds were new. However if you wanted a sunbed by the pool you had to be up a the crack of dawn to get one as most were reserved by 6.30am. There are old sun beds in the gardens(which is lovely and quiet until other nationalities join and seem to shout to one another!!) which are back breakers but if you wanted to relax in the lovely sunshine then this was the only option left. But again these were reserved early, and we were one of those, as there seemed to not be enough sunbeds for every guest which was a little disappointing as the hotel had everything to offer and it was a shame to leave the premises.
The hotel and surrounding areas are spotless and always being cleaned.
The hotel spa is worth a visit. It costs roughly 15 euro which comprises of 3 for the hat (which you must wear) 2 euro for a towel and a 10 euro deposit which you get back after your holiday, so well worth it.
The hotel is in a relatively quiet area with a couple of bars close by. Palms Bar offers great tribute acts, Whitney Houston, Abba Girls, Rod Stewart, Lionel Richie, Robbie Williams and Elvis. We only went to see the Elvis show which was a good night. Most of the bars and the hotel entertainment closes at 11.30pm.
The beach is a two minute walk away and is beautiful but the cost of the sun beds are so expensive. 12 euros for two sun beds and an umbrella. Most people were buying lilos and using them instead of the beds. Too expensive!!
Overall I would recommend the Pollensa Park and Spa hotel. It is graded a 3* but I would definitely give it a 4*. Thank you Pollensa Park for a great holiday, with great people and an excellent hotel. We hope to see you next year!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Travelling to Majorca and staying in the FERGUS Style Pollensa Park SPA is a guaranty of comfort and relax. This spa hotel in Puerto Pollensa, on the north of the island, will allow you to relax and enjoy the best of this unique setting without worries: nature, beach, leisure areas, shopping, culture and endless plans at the shores of the Mediterranean. Are you looking for an active holiday in Majorca or a place where to rest with your family and escape from routine? With the refurbishing of the FERGUS Style Pollensa Park SPA we have created a wide range of proposals for your holidays. Discover every detail of our All Inclusive services and all our accommodation options: only breakfast, half board plan and accommodation with pets near Pollensa beach. If you are a sports lover, do not hesitate. Book today your room in Puerto Pollensa with us. The FERGUS Style Pollensa Park SPA features a wide range of services specialised in cycling, running and wellness: from gym to spa centre, showcooking, tennis courts, parking for bikes, trekking routes, golf in the surroundings... Rest in recently refurbished and fully equipped rooms. Besides, make the most of your time with your children. Enjoy outdoor swimming pools, gardens, game areas... Relax under the sun while they spend their energy in the miniclub and discover the best gastronomy with your family. And if you are travelling as a group or you are a business that needs an adequate setting for meetings and events in Puerto Pollensa, the FERGUS Style Pollensa Park SPA is a refurbished 4-star hotel with a comfortable meeting room perfect for organising meetings and celebrations with success. Enjoy your holidays near Pollensa beach and Tramuntana. The hotel is open from March to October. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Expedia, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, HotelsClick, Hotels.com, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your FERGUS Style Pollensa Park SPA reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pollensa Park Hotel Port De Pollenca
- Pollensa Park Pollenca
- Hotel Pollensa Park
- FERGUS Style Pollensa Park SPA Majorca/Port De Pollenca