Just responding to Andrew Ts bad experience which gives a totally misleading impression. The 70 plus year old who led that trip is one of the most competent cyclists around. The problems on that particular day were caused by people going out on a 70 mile cycle who had no cycling ability! This led to the problems outlined as the organisers take people at their word when they say they can cycle. This is group cycling so it a few very slow cyclists ended up having to be waited on. Weather conditions deteriorated later on and the leader was waiting on the stragglers who had given up. The moral of the story is make sure you can do the cycle that is outlined. First of all realise that if your going on a cycling trip its advisable that you know how to cycle! The abilities here range from semi -professional down to club level with a few people below this. I went out as an enthusiastic non club cyclist and was made very welcome and given lots of advice.
Stuart Hall cycle trips are great fun and I have just done my second two weeks ago. I find the guides informative and helpful and amazing country to cycle in. Late September/October trips are more relaxed but remember most cycles will be at least 50 miles and some 80-90. The trips at the start of the year are possibly more suited to training than leisure cycling. My only word of caution would be to watch the climbing days and seriously look at your own abiliities. Majorca climbs can be really hard and you can be climbing for a hard hour. If you cant do that then do an easier cycle which is usually available. You do get what you pay for. If it says its a cycling holiday then expect to cycle. No-one will make you get on a bike, but when you do you are expected to be reasonably fit and competent to do that cycle. If you are unsure go out with the slow group.
I am going again next October with Stuart Hall cycling and would recomend it to any cyclist.
The hotel itself is very pleasent with great facilities I find the food bland but there is plenty of variety and lots of it. Rooms swimming pool are great and beach is 50 yards. Tolos bar is 10 minutes walk with Wiggos TDF bike hanging up on the roof.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Travelling to Majorca and staying in the FERGUS Style Pollensa Park SPA is a guaranty of comfort and relax. This spa hotel in Puerto Pollensa, on the north of the island, will allow you to relax and enjoy the best of this unique setting without worries: nature, beach, leisure areas, shopping, culture and endless plans at the shores of the Mediterranean. Are you looking for an active holiday in Majorca or a place where to rest with your family and escape from routine? With the refurbishing of the FERGUS Style Pollensa Park SPA we have created a wide range of proposals for your holidays. Discover every detail of our All Inclusive services and all our accommodation options: only breakfast, half board plan and accommodation with pets near Pollensa beach. If you are a sports lover, do not hesitate. Book today your room in Puerto Pollensa with us. The FERGUS Style Pollensa Park SPA features a wide range of services specialised in cycling, running and wellness: from gym to spa centre, showcooking, tennis courts, parking for bikes, trekking routes, golf in the surroundings... Rest in recently refurbished and fully equipped rooms. Besides, make the most of your time with your children. Enjoy outdoor swimming pools, gardens, game areas... Relax under the sun while they spend their energy in the miniclub and discover the best gastronomy with your family. And if you are travelling as a group or you are a business that needs an adequate setting for meetings and events in Puerto Pollensa, the FERGUS Style Pollensa Park SPA is a refurbished 4-star hotel with a comfortable meeting room perfect for organising meetings and celebrations with success. Enjoy your holidays near Pollensa beach and Tramuntana. The hotel is open from March to October. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Onthebeach, Hotels.com, Expedia, Jet2Holidays , LoveHolidays, TravelUp, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your FERGUS Style Pollensa Park SPA reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pollensa Park Hotel Port De Pollenca
- Pollensa Park Pollenca
- Hotel Pollensa Park
- FERGUS Style Pollensa Park SPA Majorca/Port De Pollenca