I have just returned from a weeks stay in Pollensa Park Hotel and whilst I can say that I would wholeheartedly recommend and return to Pollensa I can only say the opposite for Pollensa Park Hotel.
The good bit - it was clean, the room was of a reasonable standard and although a bit of a walk to town the location suited us fine.
Sadly the above represents the full extent of anything good I have to say about the hotel and I shall therefore continue onto the bad.
1) Breakfast - Basic, extremely poor quality and the same every day. In addition the sausages were truly hideous, I cannot fathom having now read a ream of reports saying the same why they have not changed them!! The 1st evidence this hotel does not listen to it's customers.
2) Coffee - Again truly hideous, don't get me wrong I'm not fussy I'd usually be happy with any old rubbish (same applies to sausages) but this stuff was rank! The cappuccino tastes like chocolate (not in a good way) and the rest are just equally awful . I didn't raise the complaint on site but was somewhat amused when I overheard other customers complaining about it, to be told yes our cappuccino tastes of chocolate. In addition I now see a few reports saying the same but again no change. 2nd evidence it does not listen to it's customers.
3) The Service - One evening I decided to visit the Pool bar, my first (and only) attempt to use the hotel services aside from the hideous breakfasts. I entered the bar and politely asked "hi are you still serving" the barman shrugged and replied "what do you want", I replied "I would like a mojito please", on hearing this the barman displayed agitation, shook some things around, looked very angry and told me to go to the top bar, it was actually only 17:45 in the evening. Several customers witnessed it, visibly confirmed he was totally out of order and left with me. I was somewhat embarrassed but mainly didn't feel he represented the hotel well, being a General Manager myself of a customer orientated company I thought it was best mentioned to management. I approached the reception desk and asked for a manager, there wasn't one around so the girl asked what my issue was. I informed her I had issue with one of the staff being rude and embarrassing me somewhat and she grabbed a piece of paper (good sign) and proceeded to ask what he looked like, I replied the older gentleman with grey hair, on hearing this she put the paper away and told me he was the bar manager and that maybe I had misunderstood. I informed her that there was no misunderstanding he just didn't want to make a mojito and that he was rude, she responded "he must be having a bad day", I basically left it at this point simply saying its not good enough is it and she just nodded. The 3rd evidence this hotel does not care for customer feedback.
4) A bit trivial but would it really be too much trouble to have some Irons around for customer use?
The review aside and as mentioned above Pollensa as a destination is fabulous, the town is a perfect base to explore the island and the restaurants at the top end of town offer superb food and amazing views of the bay etc.
The biggest frustration about the Pollensa Park Hotel is that it's small tweaks that would make a huge difference; not costly ones. They can obviously manage, the cleaning team are testament to this and do a fantastic job. Simply train the frontline staff to put their customers first regardless of the day they are personally having and increase the breakfast and coffee quality (only slightly) and reviews like this would easily be 4 out of 5. Sadly my guess is they won't listen.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Travelling to Majorca and staying in the FERGUS Style Pollensa Park SPA is a guaranty of comfort and relax. This spa hotel in Puerto Pollensa, on the north of the island, will allow you to relax and enjoy the best of this unique setting without worries: nature, beach, leisure areas, shopping, culture and endless plans at the shores of the Mediterranean. Are you looking for an active holiday in Majorca or a place where to rest with your family and escape from routine? With the refurbishing of the FERGUS Style Pollensa Park SPA we have created a wide range of proposals for your holidays. Discover every detail of our All Inclusive services and all our accommodation options: only breakfast, half board plan and accommodation with pets near Pollensa beach. If you are a sports lover, do not hesitate. Book today your room in Puerto Pollensa with us. The FERGUS Style Pollensa Park SPA features a wide range of services specialised in cycling, running and wellness: from gym to spa centre, showcooking, tennis courts, parking for bikes, trekking routes, golf in the surroundings... Rest in recently refurbished and fully equipped rooms. Besides, make the most of your time with your children. Enjoy outdoor swimming pools, gardens, game areas... Relax under the sun while they spend their energy in the miniclub and discover the best gastronomy with your family. And if you are travelling as a group or you are a business that needs an adequate setting for meetings and events in Puerto Pollensa, the FERGUS Style Pollensa Park SPA is a refurbished 4-star hotel with a comfortable meeting room perfect for organising meetings and celebrations with success. Enjoy your holidays near Pollensa beach and Tramuntana. The hotel is open from March to October. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, LoveHolidays, 5viajes2012 S.L., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Agoda, HRS and Cancelon so you can book your FERGUS Style Pollensa Park SPA reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pollensa Park Hotel Port De Pollenca
- Pollensa Park Pollenca
- Hotel Pollensa Park
- FERGUS Style Pollensa Park SPA Majorca/Port De Pollenca