“Reasonable”

FERGUS Style Pollensa Park SPA
Ranked #14 of 28 Hotels in Port de Pollenca
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Recently stayed here for a week and got food poisoning. I wasn't the only guest to have the same symptoms at the same time by having the same food from the buffet. I'm still waiting to hear the outcome. Poor english from certian staff when trying to explain what is in the food. Food is labelled however sometimes in spanish. The food overall isn't that good and don't try to leave the dining area with a drink otherwise you will get stopped by the bouncer/dining room attendant and told off.
The rooms are serviced everyday to a good standard and the cleaning and reception staff were always pleasant so not all bad. Overall we had a good stay. The entertainment wasn't to my taste but a lot of guests seem to enjoy it. It's great for kids of all ages with plenty of activities happening all day.

Room Tip: Away from the dining room/pool as you can hear chairs scrapping on the floor and pool can be noisy
1  Thank Marie B
Joan S, Director General at FERGUS Style Pollensa Park SPA, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

Dear Marie B

Thank you for your time reviewing our Hotel. Few points to clarify you and other guests that could have that same issue during the period you stayed here.
Our establishment follows strict hygiene controls in food, and health and safety is our FIRST worry. There was a general bug even in schools, and really lasted 2 days. We are very sorry you suffered also, but is really not a problem with the food condition.
In our policy it’s not allowed to take food or drinks out from the Restaurant, sorry if that upset you but in the INFO-HOTEL we provide all guests at check in, it’s clear and all the rules are for a reason, and we do no exceptions.
We are happy to know that you enjoyed your stay, and we take this opportunity to say that we will be glad to welcome you again in the future.

Joan Sastre

Write a ReviewReviews (2,302)

Reviewed 13 June 2014

We booked this year's holiday 1 day after returning home last year. I had read quite a few negative reviews on Trip advisor about the hotel after the change of ownership, and was somewhat apprehensive about what to expect. I need not have worried, as we found it to be as good as ever.

Whilst it is not fine dining, the food was of good quality, perfectly edible, tasty, and plentiful. Yes, there were queues, but what do you expect of a popular, busy hotel. Some of the reviewers need to get a life. If you want 5 star food and silver service, go pay for it.

As always, all staff, to a man/woman, were friendly, courteous, and highly efficient. I will not name names, but some of the staff have been there for well over 20 years. They know who they are.

Hotel again was spotless and perfectly comfortable.

One or two minor niggles.......the noise from the bars across the road can be intrusive, one in particular needs to listen to its female artistes, my cat sounds better on a bad day!.........the animation team are great during the day and with the children at night, however, no matter how hard they try, and they do, they will never be a patch on what the evening entertainment used to be.

Finally, I have noticed subtle changes in some things over the past few days, and they seem to be for the better. Methinks we will be back

Room Tip: Try to get a room on one of the higher levels. We were on the fifth floor, not bad.
3  Thank David B
Joan S, Director General at FERGUS Style Pollensa Park SPA, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2014

Dear deok,

We want first of all thank you a lot for your time, then also thank you for your sense of humor that you are 100% wright.
We must not forget too that Puerto Pollensa is a lively happy and safe resort in Mallorca, and very busy during this period of the year, that´s the reason many activities are on in and out of the Hotel.
We will warmly welcome you back any time you wish in the future,

Yours sincerely

Reviewed 12 June 2014

Just returned from a very pleasant stay in PP, Majorca, the north of this island is one of my favourite places. Have known people who go to the Pollensa Park hotel year after year so when I needed a cost effective holiday this was ideal. Travelling with Jet 2 from Blackpool the price was very reasonable for BnB. The hotel staff are very friendly, the maid brought us extra pillows for the room within minutes of asking. The hotel is exceptionally clean. Down sides = the room we stayed in is a little 90s timeshare, a bit on the small side. The pool sun loungers are so close together its almost like sitting on a strangers knee so we choose to go to the beautiful beach most days. The breakfasts are plentiful with lots of choice however only average quality. After leaving something behind on my departure I contacted the hotel who stored the item for me and have been really helpful, so first class service.

Room Tip: try and avoid room 341, just a little small
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Cpartington

Dear Cpartington

Special thanks for just a clear Review about our hotel
We are very proud all Staff looked after you, we much appreciate our guests.
We will like to inform you that we are planning changes to give you better quality comfort in all rooms.
Hopping to welcomeyou back very soon

Warm Regards

Reviewed 12 June 2014

This was our second time in Majorca after staying in Cala Bona in 2007 and thought it might be good to go visit a different part of the island.

We stayed at Pollensa Park from 3 - 10 June and stayed in room 643. The room was not the largest but it was clean and tidy. The bed was very firm but comfortable enough. We also had an excellent view of the pool and sea view from the balcony. Good selection of channels on tv (BBC1 & 2, Sky News and rather oddly, ITV 1+1 & ITV4+1).

The food was OK. My partner had an upset stomach for a day which we attributed to eating something in the restaurant. Generally a good selection of food and not as bad as some of the previous reviews have suggested. Evening entertainment consisted of a Minidisco, some live singers and a film quiz on our last night.

The hotel was very clean and the staff all very friendly.

Shops, bars etc are all located close to the hotel along with bus stops. Buses on the island, operated by TIB are cheap and very efficient and are the easiest way to get round the island. It was about 15 minute walk to main part of Puerto Pollensa.

I would return to Pollensa, but may choose another hotel.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Neil P

Dear Jane F

We want to thank you for the time spend reviewing our Hotel, we are very happy and satisfied that we met your expectations, and we will let all Staff, and the Spa professionals about the level of satisfaction you have.
This helps us to find extra motivation to continue to please all guest at the same level as you.
Hope to welcome you very soon.

Yours sincerely...

Reviewed 11 June 2014

I have just returned from a weeks stay in Pollensa Park Hotel and whilst I can say that I would wholeheartedly recommend and return to Pollensa I can only say the opposite for Pollensa Park Hotel.

The good bit - it was clean, the room was of a reasonable standard and although a bit of a walk to town the location suited us fine.

Sadly the above represents the full extent of anything good I have to say about the hotel and I shall therefore continue onto the bad.

1) Breakfast - Basic, extremely poor quality and the same every day. In addition the sausages were truly hideous, I cannot fathom having now read a ream of reports saying the same why they have not changed them!! The 1st evidence this hotel does not listen to it's customers.
2) Coffee - Again truly hideous, don't get me wrong I'm not fussy I'd usually be happy with any old rubbish (same applies to sausages) but this stuff was rank! The cappuccino tastes like chocolate (not in a good way) and the rest are just equally awful . I didn't raise the complaint on site but was somewhat amused when I overheard other customers complaining about it, to be told yes our cappuccino tastes of chocolate. In addition I now see a few reports saying the same but again no change. 2nd evidence it does not listen to it's customers.
3) The Service - One evening I decided to visit the Pool bar, my first (and only) attempt to use the hotel services aside from the hideous breakfasts. I entered the bar and politely asked "hi are you still serving" the barman shrugged and replied "what do you want", I replied "I would like a mojito please", on hearing this the barman displayed agitation, shook some things around, looked very angry and told me to go to the top bar, it was actually only 17:45 in the evening. Several customers witnessed it, visibly confirmed he was totally out of order and left with me. I was somewhat embarrassed but mainly didn't feel he represented the hotel well, being a General Manager myself of a customer orientated company I thought it was best mentioned to management. I approached the reception desk and asked for a manager, there wasn't one around so the girl asked what my issue was. I informed her I had issue with one of the staff being rude and embarrassing me somewhat and she grabbed a piece of paper (good sign) and proceeded to ask what he looked like, I replied the older gentleman with grey hair, on hearing this she put the paper away and told me he was the bar manager and that maybe I had misunderstood. I informed her that there was no misunderstanding he just didn't want to make a mojito and that he was rude, she responded "he must be having a bad day", I basically left it at this point simply saying its not good enough is it and she just nodded. The 3rd evidence this hotel does not care for customer feedback.
4) A bit trivial but would it really be too much trouble to have some Irons around for customer use?

The review aside and as mentioned above Pollensa as a destination is fabulous, the town is a perfect base to explore the island and the restaurants at the top end of town offer superb food and amazing views of the bay etc.

The biggest frustration about the Pollensa Park Hotel is that it's small tweaks that would make a huge difference; not costly ones. They can obviously manage, the cleaning team are testament to this and do a fantastic job. Simply train the frontline staff to put their customers first regardless of the day they are personally having and increase the breakfast and coffee quality (only slightly) and reviews like this would easily be 4 out of 5. Sadly my guess is they won't listen.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
7  Thank James B

Dear James B

We thank you for your extended review and we want to apologize for all the inconveniencies you had in your stay with us.
Perhaps you don’t know that since the first of March the hotel is managed by Fergus Hotels. It takes some time to know exactly how everything and everyone works. And after that period, we are introducing changes. Some of them are big ones, as the new General Manager, myself, the new Kitchen Chef or the new Front Office Manager, all of them from the 9th of June. And some of them, as you say, small tweaks that make a huge difference.
We hope you give us the opportunity to welcome you back in the future and to change your opinion about our hotel.

Have a lovely summer

Yours sincerely

Reviewed 10 June 2014

This is a very good hotel. I have stayed in worse 4 star hotels. We were B&B but majority were all inclusive. Cannot comment on food other than breakfast which was very good. Usual hot and cold selection. Fresh bread, cereals, fruit, full English. Dining room busy but no great waiting times and very nicely furnished. Looks recently refurb.

PLUS POINTS
Fantastic view on NE side higher floors. We were in 805. Lovely balcony big enough for 4.
Clean room and lovely tiled refurbished en suite. Plenty of clean towels.
Comfy bed
TV had BBC1, BBC2, ITV1, ITV4, Sky News, Disney channel.
Free wi fi throughout. Speed deteriorated in day but varied from 5meg download first thing to 0.2 meg tea time. Streaming video ok in mornings. Ok for slow downloads.
Clean pool and garden area. Plenty of sun beds all times of day.
Polite staff
2 mins to lovely beach

MINUS POINTS
15/20 mins walk to Marina and main prom.
Loud Music from bars opposite till midnight.
Mediocre evening entertainment.

Altogether good value for money with lots going for it.

Room Tip: High room on NE side for views.
5  Thank Stevegould9

Dear Stevegould9

Thank you very much for such a great Review!
We are glad we´ve reached your expectations, sorry if entertainment didn’t make you happy.
We are working on that issue to make all guests happy.
We do hope to welcome you very soon for you to enjoy all the improvements
Have a Lovely summer

Reviewed 9 June 2014

Have been going to Puerto Pollensa for many years, and stayed in the Miramar on many occasions, the Sis Pins and the Duva, we opted to book a holiday in the Pollensa Park Hotel & Spa on an all inclusive basis. The reason being my wife spoke to a lady who was staying there last October when we were staying at the Miramar and said it was really good and the food was excellent. That was before Fergus Hotels took over.
What a mistake.
Firstly let me say that the Hotel itself is ok, clean and well layed out, large outdoor pool, great for kids and excellent for those who are disabled. The animacion team worked their butts off and most of the staff were pleasant and friendly. Special thanks to Ariadna who helped us with our room problem. That was the start of what you could say, a bad experience. Checked in at 13:15 by 13:45 had finally settled into our third room. We had booked a sea view room but were allocated a room on the 3rd floor and were looking onto a side street, no sea view. We were then given the key to another room on the same side but on floor eight, you could see the Marina but also the side street, no sun, very dull and the wind would have cut you in two. So we were given the option of paying a supplement of €5 per day for a pool and sea view room on the 8th floor room No.840 this we duly accepted.
FOOD : What a disaster. would just like to reiterate what some of the other reviewers have stated.
Breakfast: Cornflakes you can only describe as pressed sawdust, scrambled egg made from powdered egg, processed or reconstituted meat for bacon (never came or been near a pig) no omelettes, no crepes, sausages? don't no what they were made from, thank goodness for fried or boiled eggs.
Orange juice undrinkable, made from powder, white coffee undrinkable ( a tip, use black coffee and add milk ) Queuing up to make toast having to put bread through the toaster two or three times.
Lunch: To be fair sometimes not too bad but everything was tasteless and bland. On one occasion there was supposed to be beef burgers, on looking at them being cooked the meat actually looked grey. If you are a salad eater ok you can get by.
Evening Meal: Consists on 1 meat, 1 fish and 1 Pasts dish, 1 choice of vegetable excluding potatoes which were inedible lying in oil and hard. The pasta had 1 sauce each night very this and tasteless, and never a carvery. the list is endless.
We complained to our Jet2 rep and filled out an official complaints form, she also advised us to complain directly to the hotel management direct. This we did.
Response:
Explained concerns about the food and were told that there was a problem with the staff and suppliers and this would be sorted out in a couple of weeks and were told that that unfortunately we would not see any improvements. When Fergus took over they must have sent out Tenders for the catering contract and it is obviously clear that they opted for the very cheapest. We responded by saying it was not the staff but the poor quality of food, the staff can only cook with what they are given. You have also to pay for bottled water, half the normal price but still twice as dear as supermarket prices, When you ask for a coffee at the pool bar you are told you are all inclusive you have to use the machine with a polystyrene cup. The manager said no you can get any coffee from the bar service. (try it). Let's face it you are there for a week, 10 days or maybe a fortnight they are giving everyone the same excuse. they have your money and that's all they are caring about.
If you are going on holiday in the near future and are not happy with the service complain directly to the management, a lot of people moan but do nothing about it and nothing gets done.
On a last note, you have to pay for the spa and indoor pool €5 for slippers,€2 for a bathing cap €2 for a towel plus €10 returnable deposit for each towel.
Never again will we return to this hotel.
I have noticed that the management have never replied and gave an explanation to any of the problems and comments made by any of the clients. This just shows you the contempt they have for you as a holiday maker.

Room Tip: Pool and sea view room above the sixth floor
7  Thank Raymond M
Joan S, Director General at FERGUS Style Pollensa Park SPA, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Dear Raymond M

Thank you for your comments, we are very sorry the Restaurant did not meet your expectations, we have improved on that matter, and we really apologize about that and has spoilt all your holiday.
We allocate guests according to the Booking, we have different Rooms at the FERGUS Pollensa Park & Spa, and any upgrade is under charge.
The Spa has Rules that need to be followed, as they are for a reason, and for health and safety reasons you need to were flip flops and a cap, if guest don´t have them, we give the opportunity at the Spa to purchase them.
We will really like to ask you to give us a second opportunity because we are sure that we can make you enjoy a fantastic holiday in the future,