Without wishing to be rude or disrespectful, unless you are above 80 best not to choose this hotel in early June - Whilst we are not young (mid 50's) we were definitely amongst the youngest guests aside from a very few younger families. We booked after doing much research & reading reviews a few months prior to visiting (so were unaware of change of management and bad reviews until date of arrival) and were genuinely expecting to find a hotel with lots of sporting activity, cyclists were supposedly meant to use the hotel in abundance and 4 floodlit tennis courts with on-site coach were boasted - nothing could have been further from the truth! After what appears to be standard practice at this hotel, we asked to move rooms from the originally allocated mountain side view situated over the generator and eventually settled on an average acceptable 3rd choice. Apparently the chosen and paid extra for side sea view room actually means that if you can squint and catch sight of the sea in the distance out of the corner of your eye this represents having a side sea view! Then to the clientele - I suppose all the mobility scooters, wheelchairs and mechanical winch system into the pool should have given it away - the average age had to be around 85 and virtually all English. Please don't think us not sympathetic to elderly people or non-caring and disrespectful but when booking my summer holiday I did not opt for the "Saga" type set up. I also found the religious pamphlets left lying around in foyers just a little out of place and distasteful. The rest room just looked like the kind of fusty old lounge found in an "old people's care home" and indeed a brand new retirement home had just been built and completed down the road - oh dear this did not bode well and my enthusiastic, active and sport loving partner was beginning to look just a little grumpy ! Amenties -2 of the 4 advertised tennis courts were overgrown (as was the volleyball area) and had obviously not been used in last couple of years, the remaining 2 having seen better days also - no sign of any coach and when entertainment staff asked about any tennis activity just shrugged and said they couldn't play and didn't know of any coach? As we are big tennis enthusiasts we always try to book holidays with the facility to play tennis and as I am currently recovering from a hand op am unable to play against my partner and so he was hoping he would find like minded people he could mix in with or would at least be able to play against the "onsite coach" Food - what can I say? Powdered everything in abundance, fluorescent jelly squares, pink blancmange, undrinkable coffee and various "fruit" juices full of sugar. If on the early sitting and you were a little late you felt rushed (not a problem for me as very little on my plate but my partner attempted to get a glass of wine (which we were entitled to on our half board basis) and was told in no uncertain terms he was too late! There was still 10 mins of our allocated slot left! Breakfast was slightly more edible but the same every day. We likened the food to school dinners (fish-fingers, spam fritters, powdered mash mix etc) however we decided that was unfair to our school dinners which were excellent . Twice we paid extra monies and ate out at local restaurants which were much better and a change of scenery and company. I Would add that the whole resort seemed to be teeming with older people and can only assume we'd picked a week when this age group take their holidays. We made the best of the holiday by going on trips, walking miles and miles, spending extra money on taxis, boats and buses to try and brighten our days - whole place seemed a little quiet and lacking in any life until the changeover day when we left and we suddenly started noticing an abundance of younger folks coming to holiday there, the whole atmosphere seemed better and more lively, music started up in the bars and whole area seemed to have been injected with some proper holiday feeling, Hotel was situated a little further from the main hub of what life there was in amongst the rather tacky "kiss me quick gift shops" but that aside was very clean and most staff happy to try and be helpful. We actually loved old town Pollenca and the gem of that area - a small cove round in the next bay called Cala St Vincenc - well worth a visit; as we only discovered this beautiful spot the day before we left we couldn't take advantage of it for more than that day - otherwise would have spent much more time there. Many many more cons to the holiday amongst some pro's mainly brought about by our determination to make the best of our week there. I could ramble on in more detail but will leave it there other than to say the icing on the cake was the 2 arguing male holidaymakers at the airport at our check in queue having a disagreement culminating in one of them taking a punch and knocking the other to the floor scattering suitcases and giving a wonderful example to children there - lovely finish to a very strange holiday - Mallorca you are a beautiful country spoiled on this occasion for us by the far too differing age group, lack of sport (at the hotel) and the unsavoury antics of the immature "adults" on our departure. Sorry, won't be rushing back although we did enjoy our time there to a point.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Travelling to Majorca and staying in the FERGUS Style Pollensa Park SPA is a guaranty of comfort and relax. This spa hotel in Puerto Pollensa, on the north of the island, will allow you to relax and enjoy the best of this unique setting without worries: nature, beach, leisure areas, shopping, culture and endless plans at the shores of the Mediterranean. Are you looking for an active holiday in Majorca or a place where to rest with your family and escape from routine? With the refurbishing of the FERGUS Style Pollensa Park SPA we have created a wide range of proposals for your holidays. Discover every detail of our All Inclusive services and all our accommodation options: only breakfast, half board plan and accommodation with pets near Pollensa beach. If you are a sports lover, do not hesitate. Book today your room in Puerto Pollensa with us. The FERGUS Style Pollensa Park SPA features a wide range of services specialised in cycling, running and wellness: from gym to spa centre, showcooking, tennis courts, parking for bikes, trekking routes, golf in the surroundings... Rest in recently refurbished and fully equipped rooms. Besides, make the most of your time with your children. Enjoy outdoor swimming pools, gardens, game areas... Relax under the sun while they spend their energy in the miniclub and discover the best gastronomy with your family. And if you are travelling as a group or you are a business that needs an adequate setting for meetings and events in Puerto Pollensa, the FERGUS Style Pollensa Park SPA is a refurbished 4-star hotel with a comfortable meeting room perfect for organising meetings and celebrations with success. Enjoy your holidays near Pollensa beach and Tramuntana. The hotel is open from March to October. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Onthebeach, Jet2Holidays , Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), TravelUp, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your FERGUS Style Pollensa Park SPA reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pollensa Park Hotel Port De Pollenca
- Pollensa Park Pollenca
- Hotel Pollensa Park
- FERGUS Style Pollensa Park SPA Majorca/Port De Pollenca