“loved the pollensa park”

FERGUS Style Pollensa Park SPA
Ranked #13 of 32 Hotels in Port de Pollenca
gloucester
“loved the pollensa park”
Reviewed 12 January 2009

I went to this hotel as a break with my mum we both loved this hotel. Just down the road from Alcudia. The hotel is about a 2 min walk from the beach and although only Half Board the food was excellent if you do fancy a quick snack though there is a spar shop over the road from the hotel. It is a nice walk on the walm evenings to walk down to the port itself there is a lovely fish resturant there and you can watch the fish coming in on the boats. Also along the prom there are some really nice spainish resturants but you have to look for them along the samller side streets if you do you get better food and value for money.

• Liked — the food
  • Stayed May 2006
    • Check-in / front desk

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (746)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Cheshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 November 2008

I've stayed here twice now, 2005 & 2007. It's a large hotel, the staff are excellent and the rooms on both visits were clean and functional. It is a family hotel, children are catered for and there is a disco in the evenings and bingo for the adults. We are a couple in our early 40's without children and yes it can be a bit "English" but it's Majorca what do you expect? We take a pack of cards for the evenings, some good books for the daytime (they do have some English Books in the library) and chill out. The food was lovely with a wide choice, you will never be hungry but you may have to mix and match. You are on holiday enjoy the experience. The hotel is opposite an Irish pub but as long as you are on a high floor on the poolside you won't hear a peep. They do however shut down at about 12.30 am so are pretty considerate. The town is lovely and is about a 15 minute stroll from the hotel. There are plenty of restaurants to choose from if you do decide to eat out. The bus terminus is at the end of the shops. We've been scuba diving on both visits to resort which is great fun. . We are booking to go again in September 2009. If you are tempted to stay at their sister hotel just around the corner DON'T .......we did this in 2006 to save a bit of money but it was dreadful.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — No preference
  • Stayed September 2007, travelled as a couple
Belfast
Reviewed 26 October 2008

My wife and I booked an autumn break at this hotel. We enjoyed our stay there for a week. The food was varied both at breakfast and the evening dinner, there was somthing to cover all tastes, and palates. I think some people expect too much when they go away on holiday. The moans I read are without doubt rubbish, we could not fault the way this hotel was being run. The evening entertainment was varied and great on some nights but it was sometimes better to go to the bar around the corner which had some good nights and the drinks were slightly cheaper than the hotels. For those who follow X Factor /strictly come dancing soaps etc the TV room on the 1st floor, up the stairs from reception has sky tv. This was used by most of the guests to watch Lewis Hamilton win at China. We were on the 4th floor and had a view of the bay and the pool. The rooms are tastefull in decor with aircon and more than usual plug sockets ( 4 ). Unfortunately the walls are quite thin and noise from other rooms can filter through which was the case when a baby in the room next to ours insisted on crying at various times throughout the night. We asked for a different room and the receptionist raised us up another 2 floors where the views were even better and the peace and quiet throughout the night was bliss. The staff were of the highest quality, friendly and a credit to the hotel. I could not fault them on any level. The hotel cleanliness was excellent inside and out. The gardens are well kept and are an oasis from the heat of the pool area. We would not hesitate to go back here again and would recommend it to others.It is close to a wonderful beach and a short walk to shops, restaurants and bars. Go for a stroll along the pine walk. Take a bus to Pollensa town where 365 steps up to Calvary chapel with great views and quaint shops on the side on the way.1euro 10c get bus at main square at the Taxi rank. Take bus on Sunday to Alcudia for the large market where leather goods are terrific value, dont forget to haggle on the price. also take a walk around the old town which is steeped in history. 1 euro 20c get bus on main road from hotel. ie turn right out of hotel right again and right at main road, bus stop is a few metresalong,you dont even have to cross the road.

• Liked — cleanliness and Well presented food
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled as a couple
devon
Reviewed 13 October 2008

Stayed at the Pollensa Park for one week. We also emailed the hotel for high floor room-very upset to hear we had ground floor room on arrival and paid extra for 7th floor. The room allocated to us was on 1st floor and in an awful position. We were very glad we paid the extra for a high floor. The room was ok, no TV much to my husbands dispair! Walls very thin. Could hear EVERYTHING from next door! Balcony overlooked road and bars which could be noisey until 12ish but the view of the town and bay was well worth it.
Food was ok, always something to eat. Although we did eat rather alot of chips.
Most of the people at the hotel were alot older than us. If you're in your 30's and 40's it might not be for you. Apparently its the time of year. Almost everyone you spoke to had been there every year for last 10+!
The pool area was always clean and nice. The pool was freezing cold.Pool bar ok.
Waiters friendly, but one member bar staff very rude at times.

on the whole the hotel was ok, but probably wouldn't go back

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — the oldies!
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled as a couple
Nottingham
Reviewed 8 October 2008

Stayed here last week through First Choice.

Room:
E-mailed the hotel in advance to ask for a room on a high floor with a pool/sea view as suggested by an earlier reviewer, who said that was the same thing. However this is not quite the case, as I did have a sea view but was not over the pool but near the road. The English bar opposite is very loud until midnight and then bin men come three times in the night between half midnight and half one. I also kept thinking I could hear someone walking in heels in the room above, except I was on the top floor, so it must have been from the room next door. If you want a quieter room ask for a pool view. I was going to ask to move but another guest told me she could still hear the bins from her room over the pool.

The hotel itself and the room was very clean but I found the towels a bit off-putting. The first one I had had a few small stains on it, which looked like someone had cut themselves shaving. Half way through the week they changed the towels (despite hanging on the rail not putting in the bath) and I got a badly stained towel, so I did put that one in the bath for changing, the third was equally bad and the fourth was similar to the first.

Food:
The food was OK. I am a very fussy vegetarian and there was something each night, though I did eat chips a lot. The starter was a choice of soup (sometimes containing meat) or salad each night and there were two or three vegy options for the main - all labelled. The only problem was that they didn't always create a meal together and it felt a bit like eating lots of side orders. The desserts were delicious though (although lots were mousse-like so I avoided them in case of gelatine, there was still an alternative and ice cream each night). Don't worry about the restaurant queues, they move really quickly. There was an excellent Italian called Little Italy on the pinewalk in which I lunched twice.

Entertainment, activities and staff:
I saw the entertainment on 4 nights. Liked the flamenco and the kenyan acrobats. Disliked the comedian (old jokes, wife jokes, rascist jokes) and the Abba tribute. I did the archery (if you shoot take your finger tab as they don't have any, but you only shoot 6-12 arrows) and flamenco lesson which was fun, but the activities only last 20-30 minutes, so not worth hanging around if you want to get out for the day. The staff were all really nice and friendly.

Pool and grounds:
Pool was a nice size but very cold - only went in once on a very hot day. The small gardens in the grounds were good for finding a shaded spot to read if, like me, you burn easily.

Area and places to visit:
Puerto Pollensa itself was not my cup of tea. It was first visit to Spain and I found the resort (and the hotel) too English. The town of Pollensa itself was much more my thing, still touristy but felt like I was in Spain. Soller was also nice and a good day trip is to get the bus into Palma (9am, takes approx 1 hour) then the old train to Soller (there is 10:10 - which is not mentioned on the flyer - if you're quick; 10:40 else - also takes 1 hour). You can then get the tram to Port de Soller (though I wouldn't bother unless you're going to get a boat trip - they were not running the day I went). From either Port de Soller (15:00) or Soller (15:10) you can then get a bus back to Palma taking the long route skirting around Deia and Valledemossa, which follows the coast and has beautiful views. This bus takes 1hr30mins rather than the 38minute express which doesn't have the views. You're back in Palma for 17:00 so can get a bus back at 17:30 if you want to get back for dinner or can have some time in Palma and get the last bus back at 20:30. The cost was 5.55 Euros each way to Palma; 10 for the train, 4 for the tram and 3.5 for the bus from Soller to Palma - much cheaper than the similar 'Orange Blossom trip'.

Another nice afternoon out is the Boquer valley walk (marked on the map of Puerto Pollensa) which only takes a couple of hours but can be extended. It's difficult at the end where you have to scramble to the beach and quite difficult both to get back up and to find the route back up, but it was very nice. Give your banana skins to the goats on the pebble beach, who will come over to you.

Overall:
I felt way too young in this hotel. Closer to 40 than 30, I suspect many of the guests had grandchildren my age. It's not really a good place to stay if you're travelling alone, which I enjoy doing, not for safety reasons, but because the other guests thought it so odd that I should travel alone they made me feel a bit uncomfortable. BTW, the reason the single supplement is only £21 per week is because you get a small room with a single bed.

If you've booked already, don't worry, it's OK. If you haven't booked it but you're going away to sunbathe around a pool with lots of English company you'll love it. If you're going to speak a little Spanish and experience Spanish culture or for a walking holiday, stay in Pollensa or Deia instead.

• Liked — Sea views
  • Disliked — Noise and Englishness
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled solo
1 Thank Issy42
uk
Reviewed 1 October 2008

we had 1 weeks stay at the pollensa park, and after reading lots of reviews we were a bit nervous, but when we arrived we were checked in quickly and the hotel was lovely, i had emailed them to request a cot and a seaview and got the 8th floor, the views were beautiful!!
have to say we had to hire a fridge for babies milk at 45 euros for the week, i spoke to a couple who were on a lower floor and had a fridge in there room and werent even using it, but we had to pay for ours which i thought was a bit unfair
the food is good, much the same, would advice to be early as the queues soon gather up!!
wouldnt advice this place for the young as most of the people were a lot older (retiring age) but they were all very friendly and the staff were very good too, were always nice and helped when i needed bottles warming
i wouldnt go back to pollensa park, but the puerto pollensa is a lovely place and the beach is lovely too, if you want to ask anything please feel free to do so

• Liked — The views
  • Disliked — hiring a fridge and no tv in the rooms
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled with family
2 Thank jacko140
wexford
Reviewed 29 September 2008

Honeymooners beware of this hotel, my new wife and I were staying here for a week and to be honest we found the hotel staff
very unhelpfull, rude and did not care that we were paying customers.
We would not recommend this hotel to thirty something year old's as we found the staff treated us like children telling us to go to bed at twelve o'clock in the evening having 3 drinks.
beware.
honeymoon not really enjoyable

• Liked — the room
  • Disliked — the staff
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled as a couple