We have just spent 10 days half-board at the Hoposa Villa Concha, Port de Pollenca, Majorca, courtesy of a Jet2 holiday package. This is an apartment hotel. First impressions were somewhat daunting. Road works were going on at the front of the hotel as well as major refurbishments at the front of the hotel itself, something which we had disappointingly not been made aware of previously. Even worse, our room on the second floor directly overlooked the works, so by day, we had to contend with the noise as well as it being unsightly. Pity we had not paid extra for a room that overlooked the pools at the rear, which did look so much more appealing. As for our room, it was a mixture of good and bad. The equipment level for the apartment side of things was very good and the bed was comfortable, but the room was basic with no bedside tables and very limited wardrobe space. It did have a (free) safety deposit box; albeit it had been left in the locked position by the previous guests and it took us 2 visits to reception before this was resolved. The room décor could best be described as average. The worst feature of all was that the rooms were only cleaned, beds made and litter bins emptied 3 times a week. This is simply not good enough for any hotel establishment, let alone one portrayed as a 3 star. Also, we had just 2 tiny tablets of soap between us. Not surprisingly, these ran out after about 4 days. I expected these to be replaced the next time the cleaner visited our room but this did not happen. When I reported to reception that we had run out of soap, much to my surprise, I was told that they only provide soap and toiletries at the commencement of stay and guests are expected to provide their own thereafter. In fairness to them, following my approach, they did supply us with 2 more soaps, but in our experience, it is unparalled for a hotel not to automatically provide enough soap for the entire stay. The most redeeming feature of Villa Concha was its restaurant where all the catering staff was extremely friendly and apart from the desserts which could have been better, were varied, tasty and well cooked. All in all, the Hotel did have some good points, but could and should have been so much better.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Gastronomy and catering are also another reason to choose our hotel: a tasty, and varied hot and cold buffet with show cooking (new 2013) awaits you at breakfast and dinner. And if you like, at noon you will find a large and attractive gastronomy ... all served by a team of the most professional and always with a bright smile. Buffet breakfast from 07.30 hours to 10.00, snack from 08.00 to 23.30 and buffet dinner from 18.30 to 21.00. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TravelUp, LoveHolidays, Agoda, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK) and Odigeo so you can book your Hoposa Hotel & Apartments Villaconcha reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hoposa Villa Concha Aparments Hotel Port De Pollenca
- Concha Hotel Pollenca
- Villa Concha Majorca
- Hoposa Hotel & Apartments Villaconcha Majorca/Port De Pollenca