just got back from 2 weeks at Villa Concha and have to report mixed feelings on our stay there. I've been following these reviews from December and have seen the hotel slip from 8th to its current 14th position, and can appreciate why.
I completely agree with previous comments on the sunbed situation - way too close, all reserved by stupid o'clock in the morning but abandoned for hours on end. My husband says the management should leave tickets on these beds and if they're undisturbed within the next hour then chuck them off. (Unfortunately we found the same selfish behaviour on the glass bottomed boat - the best seats bagsied with towels and inflatables.) Irritating! And I suppose it encourages people who wouldn't normally dream of doing it to actually start doing it just to get a sunbed (we DIDN'T by the way, honest)
My disappointments were with:
- the lack of things for children over the age of 8. A family orientated hotel should consider the needs of older children too. The mini disco is only for tiddlers, and there is a solitary pool table which is often very busy and at 2 euros a game must be a nice little earner. The website states "OUR ENTERTAINER TEAM does activities for our kids and adults during all day" which is just not true.
- the new pool at the back of the hotel needs a definite re-think. 2 or 3 swimmers a day does not warrant the waste of such a resource. Why not open it up in the afternoons for scuba sessions/inflatables/swimming lessons/water polo?? Our children (10 and 12) would really have appreciated some age appropriate organised activity. In high season this pool needs to be used more effectively.
- the evening entertainment programme doesn't really work - except for Mariano the guitarist who is simply EXCELLENT. The Blues Brothers were quite funny but the solo singers and the flamenco dancers were just poor.
- the rooms are in quite urgent need of a spruce up. Ours (Room 216) had no ventilation in the bathroom hence black mould on the ceiling; cracked tiles; peeling wardrobe doors; dodgy kitchen cupboards and patio door. A brush would have been useful for the 4 days of the week when the cleaners aren't in.
- the free wifi is rubbish
- the meals get a little samey after a few days and would benefit from the occasional theme day just to vary it for those on half board. The BBQ on Fridays was nice for a change (hint: make friends with Luiz the chef)
- the cleaning was basic, lots of bleach fumes but a quick inspection of lamps, corners, underside of bathroom bits etc showed another story.
On the plus side, we appreciated the air conditioning; the hardworking staff (David, Roberto, Alana, Jemima, Daniel, Luiz and co); the sheer amount of food presented morning and night; the free gym; the pleasant situation of the hotel and its handiness for the beach, buses, supermarket, etc.
So if you have small children, just want to sunbathe by the pool all day, don't mind a dawn raid down to the sunbeds, and want your meals on-site too then the Villa Concha is fine. If your children are over 8 years old however this probably isn't the place for you.
We had a good holiday - walked, used the buses, visited the markets, went to the amazing La Patrona festival in Pollenca, saw the Pirates show in Magaluf with No Frills Excursions, went on the pedalos and the inflatable water park thingy, and our children really enjoyed their 2 hour horse ride up a mountain with Ranxo ses Roques. I chose this hotel based on previous reviews and hoping it would be similar to the Kefalos Beach Village in Paphos, but sadly not. PP is a lovely resort but if we went again we wouldn't return to Villa Concha.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Gastronomy and catering are also another reason to choose our hotel: a tasty, and varied hot and cold buffet with show cooking (new 2013) awaits you at breakfast and dinner. And if you like, at noon you will find a large and attractive gastronomy ... all served by a team of the most professional and always with a bright smile. Buffet breakfast from 07.30 hours to 10.00, snack from 08.00 to 23.30 and buffet dinner from 18.30 to 21.00. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, LoveHolidays, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Hoposa Hotel & Apartments Villaconcha reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hoposa Villa Concha Aparments Hotel Port De Pollenca
- Concha Hotel Pollenca
- Villa Concha Majorca
- Hoposa Hotel & Apartments Villaconcha Majorca/Port De Pollenca