“ON THE BEACH”

Hoposa Pollentia Hotel
Ranked #19 of 28 Hotels in Port de Pollenca
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Good hotel having a wonderful location across from the beach and only a 15 minute walk from the Marina, shops and restaurants although there are a few small supermarkets just around the corner from the hotel. The hotel is very clean and the staff are all very friendly. This was my second visit to the hotel and I thought the food was not quite as good as on my previous visit. I stayed in a single room which was at the back of the hotel and this was disappointing. The room could have been improved with a few touches, maybe a bedside rug, brighter curtains and bedding, just small things which would have made the room more inviting. The bathroom was adequate with clean towels but I could only just open the door as the wc was right up to the door. There is a small pool outside which again with just a few touches ie more potted plants, climbing plants etc would have made the pool area more attractive rather than being all concrete. A small fridge would have helped I the bedroom as the weather was very hot and I needed to drink lots of water which soon became warm. I would comment that you access the hotel up the main steps and I struggled with my case - it would have been appreciated if a member of staff could have assisted me. As stated the tiny single room with single made could have been better but I did enjoy my holiday.

Room Tip: If you are going as a couple you may be lucky enough to get a room on the front with a balcony and s...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank 848christmas

Reviewed 18 June 2014

My husband and have just spent 11 nights at Hotel Pollentia. Location is fantastic and although a fair distance from the main hub of Pollenca, we were quite happy to walk there and bus back. The only minus of the location is that it's on a very busy road. The staff were very friendly polite and efficient. The self service meals were plentiful with a varied selection to choose from. Again staff were quick and efficient with their service. The entertainment was shared with sister hotel, Hotel Uyal and while some acts were very good, others were lacking in content and presentation. The rooms are adequate, the bathroom although clean, was old and tired and would benefit with complete refurbishment. Overall, we think this is a very relaxed and friendly 3 star hotel, and good value for money.

Room Tip: 4th floor room would be a bit quieter. There is no fitness Centre I couldn't 'unclick'...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gillian N
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Really enjoyed my holiday at this hotel, although I had tried to cancel it. 31 May until 7 June.
The staff were brilliant, fun and helpful. the food was good and varied with something for all tastes. My bacon was not raw as mentioned in another review.
It is a bit of a walk into Pollenca but, hey, you need the walk don't you!
There is a nice little pool with loungers and out of any breeze. Includes paddling pool for little (and big!) kids.
You'll have to go elsewhere if you want to rave but the entertainment was good quality and relaxing. English speaking not a problem
My only negative is the single room, which has no view and is a bit gloomy. Also cold water in shower before 7am. Mattress was a bit hard and down on one side but this is common in most hotel single rooms. But one doesn't spend much time in one's rooms - hey, does it matter? I would definitely go again having booked a better room. Although alone, I didn't feel it so.

Room Tip: Try to get an upgrade if you are a single. Shower included bath was not suitable for disabled/sligh...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Glendalight
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I stayed in this hotel last year with my other half and his family for the one night, and the once was enough. We stayed here for our first night in Majorca before we made our way to our villa and we had never been so relieved to get anywhere after making our way to the villa as our previous night in the hotel was so awful. Staff were unbelievably rude and problematic! Rooms were small, which wasn't a big problem as we were only staying one night, but not somewhere I want to spend a whole holiday!

Although we were very unhappy with the hotel we cannot fault the location. Beautiful views from the balconies and a strip of pubs and bars round the corner if you wanted a night out. Very relaxing area, not affected by the night life, and a beautiful beach, literally just across the road. Beautiful place, but would recommend looking at other hotels in the area!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank KayleighVS
HOPOSAHOTELS, Gerente at Hoposa Pollentia Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Dear Reviewer, thanks to take the time after a year to write this review. First of all I´m very sorry that you have had this bad experience in Hoposa Pollentia. To be honest when I first read it , I though it was another hotel´s review. Most of our guests are happy with staff and service. Maybe it is difficult to have a good opinion arriving late at night and tired .Spending only one night at the Pollentia we missed the possibility to sort out the inconveniences you might have. Have a good summer and best regards.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

We booked the Hotel Pollentia through Alpha Rooms for a one week stay. Booking through Alpha rooms was easy being clear and easy to do with fair pricing.
We arrived very late or early depending how you look at it, 1.30am but was greated with a smile and offer of a cold buffet.
We had booked a double rooms with balcony and sea view and that's what we had, superb views of the beach and the beautiful bay of the Port de Pollenca with a large balcony with table and chairs.
The rooms are very traditional Majorcan, maybe a tad tired but more than functional for us and always kept spotless and fresh. Our shower had sooo much power, excellent and always plenty of hot water.
Food in the restaurant was good with everything being kept topped up no matter what time you arrived to eat and the quality of the food was superb with plenty of choice.
We liked the way they rotated which table you sat on in the evenings.
All the staff were efficient and friendly no matter if early morning or late evening.
The wide promenade was just outside the hotel which gave easy access to walk into the port or pick up the buses to just about everywhere at little cost. The prom has plenty of seats to pass away a moment or two and gives good access for disabled persons.
The wonderful beach is just across the road which gives easy access for all.
The hotel has good veranda's all set out to enjoy lunch, also some easy chairs to enjoy that afternoon beer or evening drink, with wonderful views.
The area is a hive of activity for cyclists of all levels with masses of serious bikers out for their 70 miles rides.
The Nofrills-excursions.com company is good value and has excellent couriers, Juan being one of them giving interesting from the heart commentaries with good advice and fun too. The Island tour is a good one to go on giving fantastic views of the mountains, the lush valleys and beautiful port of Soller with trips on the old trams and mountain train.
The one improvement perhaps the hotel could and I would think would look at when they update the rooms, is the quality of sound proofing from neighbouring rooms, it was not a problem but needs to be adressed at some point.
A good holiday!!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the front of the hotel with balcony to enjoy the views of the bay, the beach and a...
Reviewed 25 May 2014

We booked independent through Alpha Rooms for a 10 night stay at this 3 Star Hotel. My wife and I are in our late 60's and early 70's. We wanted peace and quiet, good accommodation, good food and loads of rest and comfortable beds. We got it.The Hotel is situated in the beautiful bay of Pollentia. We had a sea view room with balcony on the second floor. The rooms were plainly furnished and spotless and the cleaning staff were very thorough. There are no tea or coffee making facilities in the rooms and no mini bar, so don't expect to find them.

The views are great from the room. Nothing was too much trouble for any of the staff. The food was excellent, well above what we expected actually for A 3 star hotel. The Hotel has a quiet colonial appeal as you approach, and you can relax on the veranda in the shade and look out to the beach and the rest of the bay. We enjoyed our time very much and will be back, hopefully towards the end of the year if we can.

The small pool at the hotel was great with enough sun beds for those who didn't want to stray onto the beach. The beach was lovely with plenty of water sports, sailing dinghies and Cats for hire nearby. 12 Euros per day for hire of beach beds and the usual umbrella. The sea was shallow and safe for children.

Room Tip: Rooms at front with balcony and sea view are definately worth the extra
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
HOPOSAHOTELS, Gerente at Hoposa Pollentia Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Dear Reviewer , thank you very much for your nice review on behalf of all staff and myself. Hoposa Pollentia is a nice and quiet hotel and we are working hard to please all our guests. Thanks again and we will be happy to see you again next year. Best regards

Reviewed 22 May 2014

The Pollentia is an exceptionally good quality 3* hotel with well-trained and friendly staff. Our room had a view of the superb beach and bay. The reception/bar/lounge area is absolutely delightful and has very comfortable furniture.
We stayed on a half-board basis and enjoyed the quality and variety of food on offer. Wine wasn't expensive and staff worked very hard clearing tables and replenishing food.
The hotel appears to have many repeat guests and this is not surprising. Although there is a pool we tended to use the beach. Two loungers and a parasol were 12 Euros per day.
Our room was very clean and the balcony was spacious. The beds were comfortable and we had adequate storage space for a week's holiday.
My only complaint would be the size of the bathroom and the positioning of the shower above the bath.
We really enjoyed our stay in the Pollentia and would certainly consider a return visit next year.

Room Tip: Do pay the extra for a sea view as rooms to the rear do not have balconies.
2  Thank CAM52