“great location”

Ranked #18 of 29 Hotels in Port de Pollenca
Belfast, United Kingdom
“great location”
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Had a small problem but it was quickly and professionally dealt with by Manager (Christina) Pleasant traditional Spanish style Hotel, rooms dated but spotless. Worth paying for sea view rooms as the other rooms at the back have no balcony and are small. Hopefully return again soon.

1 Thank Robert M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (219)
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

Just stayed at the hotel for the last 10 nights, its in a perfect location, the staff are friendly and the breakfast is very good. The hotel offers single rooms which is unique. The swimming pool is a bit small if you have kids that need that facility

Stayed July 2014
2 Thank truebluetravels
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 July 2014

This hotel has the best staff you could ever hope for. They are all really friendly and professional. I met my parents there, which worked well. I am usually an independent traveller, and so this hotel is not somewhere I would usually stay. I met a lot of lovely and interesting people despite my initial reservations, that the hotel was really more suited to older couples.

I loved being near to the beach and the easy access to taxies and busses meant that my mum and dad (88 years old) could get around easily, and I could go to the beach.

The food was ok, lots of choice and a good variety. It wasn't amazing, just ok, but fine for the price and easier than having to look for a restaurant every day.

Our rooms were simple, and adequate. My parents overlooked the beach, and mine overlooked the mountains. There were a few mosquitos in our room, and I was cold at night, in June. If there is an update this will undoubtedly affect the price. I was happy with the value of our accommodation, which was fine, and the entrance and main lounge area felt as grand as any 5* hotel.

I would go back, and if I could change anything, I don't know that I would.

The pool is lovely and very new. Perfect place to chill if you have a late flight home

Room Tip: Beach view with a balcony is lovely, but the mountains, and sunsets are also great. You are out most...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Kohtaocarrie
Redcar, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Yet again we had a lovely stay at this wonderful hotel. The staff are so friendly and helpful it is kept really clean by the friendly cleaners. If you are lucky to have a room at the front you get a wonderful view of the beach which is just across the road. We had a side view but we didnt mind as we had a balcony which we did appreciate. Food was nice with plenty of choice. We would definitely go back to this hotel for a third time.

1 Thank Pat C
HOPOSAHOTELS, Gerente at Hoposa Pollentia Hotel, responded to this review, 5 July 2014
Dear Reviewer, thank you very much for such a nice review of the Hoposa Pollentia hotel, all staff and myself thank you for taking the time to review the hotel. It is very important for us your holiday satisfaction and we are really glad to know you´d enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again in a near future. Best regards
Corsham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 June 2014

We spent the first week in June here. In previous years we have stopped at the Romantic just down the road but for me this hotel is better. Staff were excellent and the view from the dining room is great. Next time would definitely book a sea view. Found the lunchtime snacks a bit expensive so generally ate in town for lunch (The P'am Boli at the Mirimar was good value)

Room Tip: Go for a Sea view if available
2 Thank Tony S
HOPOSAHOTELS, Gerente at Hoposa Pollentia Hotel, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Dear Guest, Thank you very much to take the time to write the review, we are very glad to know you enjoyed your holidays at Hoposa Pollentia. About your comments refering the snack prices it is extrange because other guests say that are most expensive in town. We will have a look.Best regards and see you netx summer.
Ipswich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 June 2014

My first visit to Mallorca and thoroughly enjoyed it, the Pollentia Hotel being part of the reason. It was not only being a great base to explore from but also to relax at. The staff were great as they were very helpful and friendly. The rooms were clean as was the hotel in general, the rooms could be a bit small for some but I didn't really mind. Lucky to have a sea view. The breakfast was varied, buffet with a wide choice depending on your tastes, hot food all cooked fine, once the milk had gone off in the hot weather but this was changed straight away when staff were informed. Coffee was very good. Evening meals buffet style again with various salads, soup sometimes meats and cheeses and up to five hot dishes, one of which was vegetarian, which being vegetarian myself was fine. Only one evening there was wasn't a vegetarian option and on informing the staff the chef cooked a platter of fresh Mediterranean vegetables which I really enjoyed and was grateful of. Due to flight times we'd arrived late the first evening and so a platter was set up for us. Unfortunately the holiday agents hadn't passed on that I was vegetarian, but Amador, who was on night duty, quickly put a nice salad together for me.

Puerto Pollensa was a nice area to stay in, good access to other areas such as Pollensa for the market on Sunday. The buses were excellent - turned up, were on time and good value, put my local bus company to shame!

A lovely visit to a very nice hotel and will both definitely like to visit Mallorca again, and when I do, will stay at the Hotel Pollentia.

2 Thank Gi G
HOPOSAHOTELS, Gerente at Hoposa Pollentia Hotel, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Dear Reviewer, thank you very much on behalf of Hoposa Pollentia staff and management to take the time to describe your holidays at our hotel. We are very glad to know you have a good experience and look fordward seeing you again in a near future.Best regards
Sandbach, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Our first time in Hotel Pollentia and will not be our last. Excellent friendly, helpful and professional staff. The location could not be better as you only have to cross the road to the beach. Nothing was too much trouble and they all spoke good English and helped us with our limited Spanish vocabulary. Some reviews we had read before travelling said the rooms were a bit tired and in need of refurbishment. I have to say they were comfortable, practical, and cleaned to a good standard every day. Towels were changed and the beds were comfortable. A nice bath to relax in and an over the bath shower. More than adequate for our needs, after all how long do you want to spend in your room whilst on holiday. Breakfast was good with a varied selection from typical English and a fine selection of fruits and Continental choices. To sit outside on the terrace whilst the sun came up was fantastic. If you are staying in for the day the Hotel does have a lunchtime snack style menu although there are plenty of alternative establishments close by. Evening meal also had a good selection of hot and cold dishes everyday. There was no rushing and drinks could be ordered and delivered to your table. If you ordered a bottle of wine and could not finish it the staff arranged to store the remainder and brought it to your table the next evening. The control of seating in the restaurant was well controlled by Santiago Alverez (maître d). He met you at the door and he allocated you a table and escorted you to it. There was a system he adopted throughout the week were everybody had a chance to sit outside on the terrace if they wished. For those wishing to eat out there are quite a few bars/restaurants within walking distance and the resort centre is only approx a 15 mins stroll away. If you want a quiet and relaxing holiday you should consider this hotel and the Puerto Pollensa area.

Room Tip: Room 201, Lovely sea view and large terrace.
2 Thank PeteC28