“Fat on a bone & poor service”
Review of El Mojito

El Mojito
Ranked #124 of 164 Restaurants in Port de Pollenca
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Leeds, England, United Kingdom
“Fat on a bone & poor service”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

We arrived having wandered around the busy square for something like a nice steak and this one caught our eye. We were seated in a nice enough spot but our server seemed to be on another planet and almost offended that we might want a menu to order, then a drink and then to actually order. The attitude was as if we were an inconvenience.

We ordered a starter and mains and these too were fairly poor. The pork ribs might as well have been fat on a bone and doused in oil.

This was the worst meal we had on our trip and I would avoid. You're better eating elsewhere.

We were as reluctant to pay as the waitress was to actually give us the bill when we asked (it took ages).

• Visited July 2014

Dublin
“On square”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

We ate here twice as the menu del dia was good value but in my opinion the food is only average. Had the mozzarella salad to start and it was fine as was the fish I had for main. Really enjoyed the chocolate mousse though it was delicious. Didn't have it available the 2nd time so had lemon mousse but it was very synthetic in flavour. Nice ambience, busy - nothing wrong with the food and it's on our list but it's not at the top

Andover
“Worth a visit”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

I am glad I hadn't read earlier reviews as well. Having cruised the square we chose this as having an interesting menu. The service was fast and friendly, and the food excellent, the fish kebabs were excellent and the mixed meat kebab likewise. The diners next door were singing the praises of the suckling pig. We thoroughly enjoyed our meal in the great atmosphere of the square.

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Glad I didn't read the earlier reviews”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I too, would have avoided this restaurant if I had read the previous reviews, but I am really glad that I didn’t. We ate there on our third night out after looking at the menu when we were out for a walk during the day, it was the suckling pig (or succulent pig which my husband insisted on calling it!) which took my fancy and my husband chose the lamb. Both dishes were delicious and if I remember correctly, reasonably priced. The service was very good. I would definitely go back.

1 Thank Trish36
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Regular visitors to this one”
Reviewed 12 June 2014

We come back as it has an extensive menu for these days you don't know what you want so have had many different things here including pasta, pizza, rabbit, suckling pig, etc. Have never had a bad meal here, always very nice and great location in the square for people watching.