“My New Favourite!!”

Casa Vila
Price range: US$12 - US$42
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Casa Vila is a genuine italian restaurant known for it's homemade pasta and pizzas, as well as it's elaborate dishes.
Reviewed 31 August 2013

Casa Vila was recommended to us by friends as well worth a visit. We arrived late at 10pm, got a table straight away and drinks arrived promptly, good house white - a Rueda and a coke. There were so many dishes on the menu that appealed. We had the bread with allioli and olives (such lovely homemade breads - including olive bread) I decided on Royal Sea Bass which was two fillets of sea bass stuffed with prawns, beautifully presented and truly delicious. My husband had Pescado al Cartoggio which was cod and seafood again looked great and tasted just as good as it looked. Both dishes were accompanied by vegetables. My son who is 15 had a Prosciutto Pizza which he thoroughly enjoyed. We found the staff to be most friendly and attentive, we will definitely be returning.

There are newer reviews for Casa Vila

Reviewed 21 August 2013

We wanted an outside table and the waiter who greeted us said we'd have to wait a few minutes, but pointed out a table we could have where a party of four were finishing up. Ten or fifteen minutes later, a waitress came over and said she'd clear a table for two for us. However, after she'd cleared it, another waiter said it was reserved. The waitress then decided that unless we took an inside table, we`d have to wait at least thirty minutes. We pointed out the table which had been promised (which was now free), she said it was for larger parties only. She was not interested in the commitment that had been made and which had led us to wasting our time waiting. We left and ate instead at one of the Port's countless restaurants which do care about customers. Casa Vila might get away with treating customers with this disregard in July and August, but they need to appreciate that they need to survive in the low season when trade is more difficult to come by. We won't be returning.

Reviewed 17 August 2013

We are actually staying in Alcudía and decided to go to PP for a meal. Unfortunately for us we chose this restaurant to eat at because it looked busy.
The head waiter sorted us a table but he looked like we were an inconvenience to him ....... I think he was on a sponsored 'frown' as he never broke into a smile all evening.
We ordered our food and then the fun began!
On asking the head waiter if my son could have his childrens meal with our starters, he just looked at me and growled - "what?" ....... I explained again and he asked his other waiter to see if this was possible!! I understood him because I speak Spanish.
Everything is an effort for these guys ..... And when our food did arrive it was not as good as other stuff we have eaten while out here.
The T bone steak for 2 people was poor .... We asked for medium to well done and I'm pretty sure it still had a pulse when it was being cut up in front of us!
Really can't be bothered to go into all the details but be warned, this is not a great restaurant, although it looks it from the outside.
Cross these waiters at your peril !!

Reviewed 12 August 2013

We waited for an eternity to be served. The food was very average. There did not seem to be enough staff around to serve the food and drinks.

Reviewed 9 August 2013

top quality food, service a little slow due to its popularity but worth the wait. well worth a visit