“Bad food, bad service”

Dakota Bar & Grill
Price range: US$11 - US$21
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Bar, American
Good for: Bar Scene, View, Kids, Child-friendly, Groups, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Description: Dakota is a chain of American themed restaurants which are located in the most emblematic places of the north of Mallorca and are defined by their decoration and delicious meals, which create the perfect atmosphere to believe you´re in the peaceful Mediterranean as well as in beautiful America.
Pollenca, Spain
“Bad food, bad service”
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

I don't usually review but this is a must.
We stopped here today for what we thought would be a nice meal and a few drinks by the sea.
The first thing we noticed was the attitude of the staff who were not very friendly or polite. When a waiter finally came over, we ordered the drinks but asked if we could have a little extra time choosing the food order. He grunted and walked off. 10 Minutes passed and the drinks came over. We ordered chilli nachos to share. Drinks were fine no issues there. Around 20 minutes later the nachos came out. They had no dressing, i.e. Salsa, Guacamole. The chili beef was full of gristle and the nacho chips were like card board. Before I could ask for some dips the guy had walked off yet again. I walked to the bar this time instead of waiting for someone to come back. I Asked the guy at the bar for some Guacamole which he was happy to get for me. I said i would wait for him to bring it back but he insisted he would bring it over to us at the table. Shortly after I went back to the table the guy was walking towards us with the dip. As he apporached the table he tipped the Guacamole All over my wife's dress. He apologised and got a wet cloth to wipe it away. He brought over another pot of Guacamole and we ate what could, then asked for the bill. We waited a while for the bill to come and in the end we got up and walked to the bar to see if we could pay there. When we got to the bar they came with the bill. We looked at the bill and noticed the Guacamole was still on there. We explained the situation to the waiter at the till discribing what had happened to my wife's dress and he responded by looking at the dress and holding his hands up and shrugging his shoulders as if to say he couldn't see a stain. We asked for the manager. We were told that the manager was not on site and the acting manager was just outside taking an order. We waited for a few moments for the acting manager to come inside. To our suprise the acting manager was the guy with the attitude problem who served originally which explained alot. They very kindly knocked off the price of the guacamole which is a joke. All in all I wouldn't bother with this place, over priced, vile food and service.

• Polish first
Pickering, United Kingdom
“Burgers In The Sun”
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Stopped here for lunch on a gorgeous hot and sunny day. Sat right next to the sea watching the boats. Four of us shared the chicken nachos and then we all had the Dallas burgers. All the food was served by a smiling waiter promptly. Couldn't fault it at all and found the price we paid was reasonable to the quality of the food. Would recommend this restaurant if you like burgers.

• Visited June 2014
“Very good meal”
Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

While on holiday in Pollensa, my partner and I thought we would eat out for a couple of nights rather than the hotel and tried the Dakota after walking past earlier in the day. It was a cross between Chiquito and Norwich restaurant Zak's.

I had beef fajitas and my partner had chicken nachos. Both dishes were good-sized portions. Service was very good and we both enjoyed our meals. Well recommended!

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Very tasty”
Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

We visited the beach front restaurant (there is one in the square also) and thoroughly enjoyed our meals. Comfortable seating inside and out. Burgers, ribs, nachos with cheese and sauce, burritos and patatas bravas all very much enjoyed by my family. Yummy.

1 Thank Lawrence747
Scotland
“Disappointing staff”
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Stopped off here for a beer and was very disappointed in surly waiter. We did go back on 2 other occasions only to have to leave as no-one came to serve us. Extremely disappointing

Visited May 2014